Speakerquest (so far...) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 2204 Old 02-25-2008, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Funkmonkey, I have been following your thread just for the fun of it and I do enjoy it. Based on what I have read of your likes and dislikes it seems like the Salk Song Towers would be an excellent choice for you. I would say call Jim (he is a very nice guy) and see if he can refer you to any customers in your area? Also, maybe post in the Salk section at AC and see if anybody is in your area? I think you would be doing yourself a disservice if you do not get to hear these.

http://www.salksound.com/songtower.shtml
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?board=82.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2204 Old 02-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Will do hopefully I can get out this week. I'm in no real hurry and will need to sell my current LCR speakers.

Regarding my rating suggestion I meant the scale in relation to everything you've auditioned, meaning your favorite speaker is a 10 and go down from there. You've done great work with a wide range of music. I think your search can be a good baseline for helping people create an audition list.
post #93 of 2204 Old 02-25-2008, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTC View Post

Will do hopefully I can get out this week. I'm in no real hurry and will need to sell my current LCR speakers.

Regarding my rating suggestion I meant the scale in relation to everything you've auditioned, meaning your favorite speaker is a 10 and go down from there. You've done great work with a wide range of music. I think your search can be a good baseline for helping people create an audition list.

Thanks. I look forward to reading about what you find. Only problem is that I can't really rate anything a perfect 10, not sure that exists at any price! I do plan on listing them in order of my favorite down to least favorite... and I am sure there will be a few tie's along that list.

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #94 of 2204 Old 02-25-2008, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Funkmonkey, I have been following your thread just for the fun of it and I do enjoy it. Based on what I have read of your likes and dislikes it seems like the Salk Song Towers would be an excellent choice for you. I would say call Jim (he is a very nice guy) and see if he can refer you to any customers in your area? Also, maybe post in the Salk section at AC and see if anybody is in your area? I think you would be doing yourself a disservice if you do not get to hear these.

http://www.salksound.com/songtower.shtml
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?board=82.0

Thanks rydenfan, I will contact Jim and see what shakes loose. I am very interested in the Songtowers, and his headquarters are very close to where I grew up (and my folks current house) so he gets extra points for being a homie!

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #95 of 2204 Old 02-25-2008, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Another speaker you might want to check out: the Avalon Acoustice NP evoloution: a small 2K floorstander: http://www.avalonacoustics.com/

Here's a couple reviews to pique your interest: http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...s-11-2007.html

http://www.avalonacoustics.com/Compe...avalon_np2.pdf
post #96 of 2204 Old 02-26-2008, 06:06 PM

Dynaudio, Spendor, Monitor Audio...

Those are the 3 choices I get to pick from. Funkmonkey posted a little blurb in a thread of mine, as he was shopping in the same range as I am. (+/-)

I'm limited to the Focus 220s the Spendor S8es and the Monitor Audio GS20s, and the reason is because my dealer has a "trade-up" program that I simply cannot pass up on (I have until early May to pull the trigger).

I have in my house the Quad 22Ls, the Dynaudio Audience 62s, as well as some more expensive Elacs... I'm replacing the Dynaudio Audiences They are excellent speakers, but as a 2 way design, are a little limited in dynamics.

My impression of the Dynaudio Focus 220s was that they were very good, but I kind of agree that they are not very "tight" in the bottom range... but they were also the most dynamic speaker amongst my 3 potential choices. It's the "Dynaudio" sound: leans towards the warm side, and don't cause any listner fatigue.

The Spendor S8es, which are very highly regarded in many audio magazines, are very revealing speakers... they really take complex music apart and make it easy for the listener to place the music.

The Monitor Audios are good all rounders IMO. They look fantastic too.

Personally I'm leaning towards the extremes (in terms of price): the dynaudios would be the cheaper ones @ ~ 3k, and the Spendors are a couple hundred shy of 4k.

I'm auditioning again this Friday, over 1 month since my previous listen.... I'm REALLY looking forward to it... this audition will likely decide which speakers I'll be buying (within the next 30 days).

I think that it's really important to have a powerful amp for the Dynaudios... that would likely reign in the occasional sloppy bass... but then again I was auditioning with my Roksan Kandy amp, which is rated @ 185wpc in 4ohm...

I'll suscribe and give you the verdict saturday.
post #97 of 2204 Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisII View Post

Dynaudio, Spendor, Monitor Audio...

Those are the 3 choices...
I'll suscribe and give you the verdict saturday.

Very cool Chris. I have been having a great time auditioning, listened to a couple more today actually (I will post impressions tomorrow). Thank you for checking in, I am interested in your decision.

You may be right about more power cleaning up the bottom end of the Dynaudio's... I am thinking that crossing over to a sub may be another solution, so they can concentrate on the mid bass and "cut off the phat," as it were.
Cheers,
Greg/Funk

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #98 of 2204 Old 02-27-2008, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Round 8

This trip out was a little different, as a local speaker builder invited me down to offer my opinion about some speakers that are in the later stages of development for release into the mainstream market. His name is Franklin Mack and he and his brother have been designing and building custom loudspeakers and drivers for several years. This is part of a PM that he sent me that explains his background and approach better than I can:

"At Audia Media Group we have an insatiable passion for music. But our focus has aways been to help our clients create the best sound system based on their budget. We offer this solution through our customizeable designs of Planar and Ribbon products we also design and build many types of drivers. Over the past 10yrs Audia has been an OEM Loudspeaker Manufacturer for many highend loudspeaker brands, based an our contracts I'm not at liberty to disclose names. ...we can build a speaker system around your electronic or personal wants or needs. Thats what we do. ...After reviewing your listening list it would be great information for my R&D team. We feel that our product is not only some of the best on the market at any price range, we also feel that for the money our speakers cannot be beat. People talk about Internet Direct dealers like AV123, At Audia you can consider our pricing structure to be manufacturer direct. Meaning we dont have the middle men to go through and can offer or products directly to our consumer..."

Franklin turned out to be a great guy, and we wound up talking about a lot of stuff yesterday revolving around speakers, music and our own personal interests and backgrounds as fellow musicians. His company is still constructing their website so they aren't on the web, yet, but Frank assured me a web site is coming soon... I should add that I was not payed in any way to do this. The manager of the store that carries the Audia speakers came across this thread and thought that maybe Franklin and I could help each other out, thanks Mike. I hope this helps...

Audia Sound Labs 8.6(≈$3000)

The speakers I listened to were still prototypes so there were a couple of "rough edges" regarding the fit and finish of the cabinets themselves. When I spoke to Frank about them he was already aware and has a good plan to resolve them. They were small details that would help to make these look as polished as their competitors at this price range. The smaller speaker, to the right, is another model they are working on that I did not listen to.

I started with Grant Green and thought that the tone of his guitar was pretty good though these speakers seemed to bring out it's distortion from the original recording. My first thought was that this was sounding smooth for a ribbon tweeter. The guitar seemed to be a little bit more forward on these speakers than on others, snare drums were crisp, and the acoustic bass was sounding good too. Saxophone proved to have a mellow tone that resonated nicely, accurate. I thought that the upper-mids were slightly forward with jazz, but this seems to be a very common voicing on speakers (because I feel like I say that a lot) When the vibraphone started playing my attention was jerked away from the couple looking at a sound system a few feet away from me. Wow, that sounded real, very forward but very real. I think that is one sound that ribbons do exceptionally realistic.

I put in Fela Kuti and the accent in the upper range became more apparent. Horns sounded a bit peaked in the upper register, though smooth in the lower. When there is a lot of brass playing it tends to be a little too "in your face." The low end and mids sounded good when not dominated by the upper range of the ribbon. I also note a touch of sibilence in the vocal.

Erykah Badu has the bass going pretty deep, but coming up a bit short of the music, also very common with the speakers i have been listening to. Rim shots sound a little thin here and her voice seems to be pushed a little higher, not sounding as full or lush as it should.

The Beatles "Come Together" sounds full but the music does not envelop me as fully as other speakers have. I can hear a lot of detail in the recording though, such as fingers sliding on bass strings in between notes. Cymbals are clear and forward. "The End" has drums sounding pretty good but missing a bit of impact. The high are a little edgy with this song, and seem to dominate the sound.

I brought some James Brown along this time and the recording I chose sounded like it was recorded in a hallway. Aside from the extremely narrow soundstage, I felt that the bass should be more forward and thicker. This is not a forgiving speaker to listen to, and shows the recording quality and most likely the limits of the electronics found upstream.

I also thought I would try some MC 900ft Jesus "If I Only Had A Brain." Highs were predictable crisp and tight, and his voice sounded little thin. Bass on this song includes a few sonic bombs that go very, very low and these speakers got a decent chunk of it, but not all.

By this time I already knew that this is not the sound signature that I am looking for but thought I would play Fu Manchu for sake of completion. It actually sounded pretty good on the Audia Sound Labs 8.6. The true-mids seemed to be recessed, but I think that is due to dominance of the ribbon tweeter. If there were some tubes backing this speaker I feel that it would sound better. Though slightly smoother than the Dali, it is still related with the ribbon tweeter sound, If you like that sound you might want to check out Audia Sound Labs. A pretty solid effort, though not a good fit for me.

The place I went yesterday stocked several other speakers and electronics including a set that was on my original list that I had not yet heard...

NHT Classic four(msrp≈$2000)

Grant Green sounded good on the Classic Four's. Bass is nice and full, guitar tone is very nice. I can hear the mild distortion in this recording but it is not distracting. Piano sounds are nice here too.

The horns in Fela Kuti are nice and smooth, bass has good solid impact and a full, rich sound to it. Trumpets and saxophone have a nice tone to them. Imaging is also pretty good with the NHT's. There is a nice balance to these speakers, nothing seems to stand out, fairly even sound.

The Beatles sounded good here too. Bass on "Come Together" was rich and smooth, though didn't have as much impact as it did with Fela Kuti. Guitars sounded right, again nothing standing out, "easy to listen to" speaker. On "The End" I thought the drums were tight, and guitars were in balance, though the highs were sounding slightly rolled off. Most likely residual effect of the long session with the ribbons.

Erykah Badu plumed the depths of the NHT's and though they went very deep, they came off sounding a little flabby. Her vocals sounded good, and I was noticing the imaging again. One thing that started to bother me was the sound of the rimshots, they came off sounding a bit plastic.

James Brown still sounded like he was in a hallway, slightly wider hallway, but still narrow sounding, and drums sounded like they were being played on a toy kit... I don't think I will continue to use this track...

With Fu Manchu I noted the solid sound of the kick drum. Guitars had the right growl to them, though I thought the highs were a slightly tame and "plasticy" sounding.

Overall I thought the NHT Classic Fours were pretty good speakers. Not as detailed as some, but they had a good solid bottom end, even if it got sloppy at the very bottom. I wouldn't be surprised if this speaker is rated to perform lower than any of the other ones I have listened to.

(I am going to try and post manufacturers stats in the next few days, so I can check my ears vs. claimed performance)

Jump to Preliminary Round Up

Jump to Round 9

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #99 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This is a list of everything i have listened to so far, in the order I listened to them:

B&W 683 - “average” sound; lacked detail; not too bad. but I want more for the price

Paradigm Studio 60 - nice mid range; nice detail; a bit light on bass

B&W CM-7 - nice “air”; good with Jazz; decent sound-stage

Monitor Audio RS-6 - crisp highs; nice mids; lacking bass

Monitor Audio RS-8 - All the detail, and midrange of the RS-6 with a nice full bottom end; very good speaker for the money

Vienna Acoustic Bach - laid back sound; highs sounded congested to me

Martin Logan Purity - crisp, clear upper range and a very full, well balanced sound; If you like electrostatic speakers, these are a hybrid with an internal amp, so you could theoretically plug your iPod directly into them and enjoy

Vandersteen 1C - very clean sound; lean in the mids; laid back presentation; a real bargain for under $1g if you don’t mind the looks

Vandersteen 2Ce Sig II - Piano sounds were excellent; full even sound; laid back presentation; kind of the “ugly ducklings” out of this group

Totem Acoustic - Hawk - Very nice looking and sounding; Big sound, small footprint; Tight; detailed; full; deep; nice imaging. Excellent sounding speaker.

Usher V-602 - clean clear highs; full punchy bass; a little bright; another bargain at $1g

Dali Icon 6 - crystalline highs; fairly deep bass; well balanced sound; If you like the ribbon tweeter sound these are a well rounded speaker and deserve a listen.

Era D-10 - laid back sound; a little thin in the mids; no deep bass

Era D-14 - laid back; smooth sound; full mids; somewhat extended bass; highs sounded restrained to my ears (had just listened to the Dali’s)

Usher Be-718 - Great imaging; clarity; very impressive bass for their size, thick and punchy; very full, natural sound. Excellent speaker.

Dynaudio Audience 72-SE - Sounded veiled to me in the mids; bass was not very deep; highs were pretty good; smooth (I thought, a little too smooth)

Dynaudio Audience 82 - Distinct improvement over 72; less veiled; some bass impact and fairly deep; mids are level; Good speaker for less dense music.

Dynaudio Focus 220 - very pretty speaker (much nicer looking than Audience line); Smooth; even; balanced; laid back presentation; neutral sounding speaker; nice imaging; low end goes fairly deep but looses definition at the bottom. Very solid performer; great all around-er; easy to listen to, easy to like.

Quad 22L - open presentation; highs and mids are clear and focused; deep bass get a little sloppy but it tries.

Thiel CS 1.6 - bright crisp highs; decent midrange; recessed bass

PSB Synchrony 2B - capable of fairly deep bass; Highs and mids in balance; neutral sounding speaker; big sound, small box; drums were very good on this speaker.

Paradigm Studio 100 - Dynamic; very clear; a bit on the bright side; reaches deep; punchy; strong mid-bass

Audia Sound Labs 8.6 - decent bass; crisp highs; decent mids; imaging still needs work.

NHT Classic four - very deep reaching bass; lack of definition at the very bottom of its considerable range; full midrange; highs were detailed but sounded slightly plastic to me. I am sure that this mass market speaker makes many people happy.

1) Totem Hawk & Usher Be-718 -they actually have a similar sound signature, the Hawks seem to favor the true mids, while the Ushers focus a little more on the upper mids. I like the sound of both of these speakers very much. They both provide incredible sound from a relatively small package, and image very well.

3) Dynaudio Focus 220 & Paradigm Studio 100 -another tie, and both very close to being tied with the two in the number one spot. These guys are very different in their presentation and pretty much "bookend" the Hawks and Ushers. The Paradigms are very dynamic, and the Dynaudio's are smooth and mellow, with the other two some where in the middle. Both are excellent speakers for very different reasons.

5) Monitor Audio RS-8 -excellent value, excellent sound. Very good all around speaker for not a lot of money.

At this point in my quest I have realized that I am not going to find what I am looking for in a speaker for under $2000, that much is obvious to me now. I exchanged a few e-mails back and forth with Jim Salk and he graciously took the time to explain why in considerable detail. (Thank you, Jim. I had read that he was a good guy, but until you talk to him you really have no idea how true that is.) In fact, even at $3000 I am finding only some of what I want from my fronts, in one package. So I decided to listen to a couple of speakers in the $5000+ range, to see if they would satisfy me. All I can say right now is WOW! I truly had no idea that it would cost that much to get into the sound that I am looking for. Both of the speakers I listened to today were amazing. I have a couple of more in mind that I would like to hear, in that price range. Along with a few that wound be more in line with what I have listened to already, including the Salk SongTowers, Ascend Sierra's, and Revel Concerta F-12 (which I still can not find around here), and the AV123 offerings . Those would complete my under $3g search...

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #100 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Something else happened to me the other night, that I thought you guys might get a kick out of. I turned on my stereo to listen to some music and all I could think was "these speakers sound like complete $hit !!!" So bad in fact that even the worst sounding speaker on my list would be a welcome upgrade.

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #101 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 07:19 PM

This has been a blast to follow your quest. Just curious, what were the $5000 speakers that you heard?
post #102 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Aerial 7B and T+A Criterion TS 300, also got to hear T+A TCI-3

glad to have you along for the ride...

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #103 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Advanced Member

Funkmonkey,

Awesome work so far. You are a better man then I. I am not that patient. My auditions will be 2 or 3 shops tops. Since your budget might be going up any thoughts on giving the Dali Mentor or Heli 400s a listen or perhaps the Dynaudio contour 3.4? All of those can be had under 3k in the used market. The mentors are supposed to be a VERY nice speaker. There is a pair for $1500 in the classifieds that had a shipping issue.
post #104 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Funkmonkey,

Awesome work so far. You are a better man then I. I am not that patient. My auditions will be 2 or 3 shops tops. Since your budget might be going up any thoughts on giving the Dali Mentor or Heli 400s a listen or perhaps the Dynaudio contour 3.4? All of those can be had under 3k in the used market. The mentors are supposed to be a VERY nice speaker. There is a pair for $1500 in the classifieds that had a shipping issue.

I second that on the Mentor series. They are extremely close to the Helicon line but with a less nicer finish. The Mentor 6 might be what you are looking for. Tweeter on the Mentor is even better than the Ikon and gets rid of any harshness you might have found in the Ikon tweeter.
post #105 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 10:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmonkey View Post

Something else happened to me the other night, that I thought you guys might get a kick out of. I turned on my stereo to listen to some music and all I could think was "these speakers sound like complete $hit !!!" So bad in fact that even the worst sounding speaker on my list would be a welcome upgrade.

Well, I didn't want to say anything to offend, but since you brought it up, the first image that came to mind when I saw your speakers with the "digital pro sound" badge on the front and the two tweeters, was that they looked like something a guy in a white van would try to sell you while you are filling up your tank at the gas station.

I mean, there is nothing digital about how speakers work (unless you own self-powered Meridian's), and it would have been a wiser engineering choice to drop one of the tweeters in favor of oh, maybe a midrange driver?

So are you really thinking about upping your budget to $5K?
post #106 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 10:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Great list!
Quote:

Those would complete my under $3g search...

You may be satisfied, but it is never "complete".

-curtis

Owner of Wave Crest Audio
Volunteer Mod at the Ascend Acoustics Forum
Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.
Help beat breast cancer!

post #107 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisponge View Post

Well, I didn't want to say anything to offend, but since you brought it up, the first image that came to mind when I saw your speakers with the "digital pro sound" badge on the front and the two tweeters, was that they looked like something a guy in a white van would try to sell you while you are filling up your tank at the gas station.

I mean, there is nothing digital about how speakers work (unless you own self-powered Meridian's), and it would have been a wiser engineering choice to drop one of the tweeters in favor of oh, maybe a midrange driver?

So are you really thinking about upping your budget to $5K?

They did come out of the back of a white van. But, I DID NOT BUY THEM. My ex-girlfriend thought she was getting a great deal, and replaced some other crapy set that I had picked up while I was in college, that had been poked during a party, and had beer spilled all over them more than once... I was seriously pissed off when she gave them to me; I yelled at her for buying them, and I am not a guy that yells very often. She started crying, it was a mess... A month later she moved out (in part, because of those frickin' speakers) and left them with me. I have no idea why I have not just thrown them into the trash a long, long time ago....

So, now that any credibility I may have had is completely destroyed...
Man, I feel stupid. (thats why I said don't laugh too hard before I posted the pic.)

Re: $5 G budget.... I am going to look around a little more, I want to hear the Acoustic Zen Adagios and Adagio Jr. that hover around there somewhere. Plus whatever else I find. I am thinking I can afford that much (msrp) if I can find it used, or dealer demo...

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #108 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:

5) Monitor Audio RS-8 -excellent value, excellent sound. Very good all around speaker for not a lot of money.

With your increasing budget have you considered Monitor Audio's Gold line? I think their GS20's can be had for around $3000. It's the RS6's Gold version. I'm not sure what the GS60's go for however.

Btw, I finally demoed the RS8's this week and was wonderfully surprised. Great, fast bass. Liked, but didn't love the tweeter. And for $1500 they beat up Paradigm's Monitor series.

Oh, and you may be disappointed if you hear the Revel's. While they may be worth giving a listen to, the speakers you've already heard are far superior. It would almost be an unfair comparison. I heard the Revel's first in my search and liked them the best. But then I heard several others and immediately forgot about them (like you and your B&W's).
post #109 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 11:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They did come out of the back of a white van. But, I DID NOT BUY THEM. My ex-girlfriend thought she was getting a great deal, and replaced some other crapy set that I had picked up while I was in college, that had been poked during a party, and had beer spilled all over them more than once... I was seriously pissed off when she gave them to me; I yelled at her for buying them, and I am not a guy that yells very often. She started crying, it was a mess... A month later she moved out (in part, because of those frickin' speakers) and left them with me. I have no idea why I have not just thrown them into the trash a long, long time ago....

So, now that any credibility I may have had is completely destroyed...
Man, I feel stupid.

Hey, don't sweat it. You obviously have a good ear and we all have to make due until the time is right. Your credibility is still intact with me.
post #110 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

You may be satisfied, but it is never "complete".

You are correct sir. Are we still god for Saturday?

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #111 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 11:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:

You are correct sir. Are we still god for Saturday?

I don't know about god....but yeah, we're still on.

Bring all your music! The remote control will be yours.

-curtis

Owner of Wave Crest Audio
Volunteer Mod at the Ascend Acoustics Forum
Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.
Help beat breast cancer!

post #112 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdamBomb View Post

With your increasing budget have you considered Monitor Audio's Gold line? I think their GS20's can be had for around $3000. It's the RS6's Gold version. I'm not sure what the GS60's go for however.

Btw, I finally demoed the RS8's this week and was wonderfully surprised. Great, fast bass. Liked, but didn't love the tweeter. And for $1500 they beat up Paradigm's Monitor series.

Oh, and you may be disappointed if you hear the Revel's. While they may be worth giving a listen to, the speakers you've already heard are far superior. It would almost be an unfair comparison. I heard the Revel's first in my search and liked them the best. But then I heard several others and immediately forgot about them (like you and your B&W's).

Thanks for the input about the Revels. Revel/Harmon seems to be too busy to reply to a phone call, or e-mail from me, so I guess they have enough money already... I would ideally like to buy something from Salk Sound, Ascend, or Acoustic Zen all three of which have responded quickly to phone calls & e-mails with my questions, and answered everything that I had asked, and treated me well. They get major points for customer service.

Yes, I would definitely consider the Gold series, they didn't have them where I found the silvers or I would have given them an ear then...

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #113 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

I don't know about god....but yeah, we're still on.

Bring all your music! The remote control will be yours.

DOH! we're good, then. I would fill my truck if I brought all my music.

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #114 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisponge View Post

Hey, don't sweat it. You obviously have a good ear and we all have to make due until the time is right. Your credibility is still intact with me.

Thanks, maybe I keep upping my budget to make up for lost time...

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #115 of 2204 Old 02-28-2008, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Funkmonkey,

Thanks ChicagoTC, I am curios hear what you think of the Focus 220 (oops, I meant the Contour 3.4) The Dynaudio's and Dali's I listened to had pretty different sound signatures. I will be checking out your suggestions, thanks.

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #116 of 2204 Old 02-29-2008, 11:38 AM

Hey funkmonkey,

I'm really enjoying of your thread!
Have you seen one of your favorites on Audiogon, NEW:
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....oni&1209257334
post #117 of 2204 Old 02-29-2008, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortlee View Post

Hey funkmonkey,

I'm really enjoying of your thread!

Glad to hear it, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortlee View Post

Have you seen one of your favorites on Audiogon, NEW:
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....oni&1209257334

I missed that, thanks for posting it. I gotta wait for my tax refund to get here before I can pull the trigger on anything...
Cheers

->>>≈<<<-
Speakerquest
post #118 of 2204 Old 02-29-2008, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Me thinks the Monitor Audio owners needs another.
post #119 of 2204 Old 02-29-2008, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Hey not to toot that horn again, but if you have upped the anti here.... maybe a shot at listening to the Paradigm Signature line... Thats right, I said it..

And as always, find that special one, and head on over to Audiogon and swoop...

By the way... congrats on hitting that 100 posts, and you are still no closer to your dream of another set of white van speakers...
post #120 of 2204 Old 02-29-2008, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post

Hey not to toot that horn again, but if you have upped the anti here.... maybe a shot at listening to the Paradigm Signature line... Thats right, I said it..

And as always, find that special one, and head on over to Audiogon and swoop...

By the way... congrats on hitting that 100 posts, and you are still no closer to your dream of another set of white van speakers...

I'll second that and asthetically hard to beat.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page