HDMI video problem with Pioneer Elite VSX-91TXH - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-09-2008, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had gotten a Pioneer Elite VSX-90TXV for Christmas and recently exchanged it for a VSX-91TXH since I wanted HDMI switching and the ability to convert other inputs to output over HDMI.

I just hooked up everything today and things seem okay, except for my Wii.

I have the Wii connected to the receiver via component inputs on COMP-1. The audio cables are plugged into DVR/VCR1. I set up the DVR/VCR1 input to OFF for the digital audio input and COMP-1 for the component video input. Video conversion is on.

The TV is connected to the receiver only via the HDMI out.

I switch over to the DVR/VCR1 input and start up the Wii.

First problem: Even though the Wii is configured for 16:9 widescreen, my TV displays it as if it were 4:3 ratio with panels on the side. The Wii picture looks squished.

Second problem: The TV (Philips 47PFL7422D/37) keeps losing sync. My television will switch to black with "No video" then it will go to what looks like video snow, then it goes green, then it comes back to the Wii. Then it repeats over and over.

It doesn't have any problems with HDMI sync with the TiVo connected to HDMI1 or the PS3 connected to HDMI2 in the little I tried it out.

Anyone seen this before? Any idea what is happening and if it can be resolved?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-09-2008, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I can't help you with the sync problems, but the reason that the Wii displays at 4:3 instead of 16:9 is because the games do not send out the anamorphic flag to the display. So the display is simply seeing it as a 4:3 source. You'll have to manually set your TV to "Full" mode or set your receiver to "Full" mode.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page