1. After much thought on this, we have decided to offer a 30 day in-home trial. Due to our low retail to start with, we have to include a 15% restocking fee for those who decide the amplifier is not for them. Also, return shipping would be on the customer as well. If a person is serious about their purchase, the chances of this happening is not very likely. As many of you already know we have several great reviews out that describe the attributes of our amps.
2. The difference between the mono and stereo amps are not drastic. The sonics are VERY similar between the two. The Mono's have the slight advantage due to the upgraded WBT binding posts, Kimber TcX speaker wire, and added chassis isolation.
There is an upgrade option available for $80 per stereo to upgrade the binding post to those used on the monos. After that, the only benefit of the mono's are the lower noise floor, and size (if one would like to place them near the corresponding speaker).
3. The amps do get sweeter over time, and unfortunately this takes some time. The best way that I've heard of accomplishing this is with a "burn-in" cd an a "dummy load". The problem is that the load may be costly and hard to find.
4. The ST-1000 does include a DC trigger and uses the conventional 3.5mm mono headphone type plug.
5. The connection of our amp with a solid-state preamp is also quite satisfactory.
6. Our stock power cable is a 14 AWG, 3 conductor, shielded 6' cable.
7. Our units are offered in all black, and black and silver (silver top, front and side with black front corners)
8. We usually ship amplifiers within 1-2 days from when the order is placed. If the amplifier is in stock, we can ship the same day.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.