post #451 of 1634 Old 01-06-2009, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAD View Post

I'd be cautious about other implementations of the ICE module until you understand what they have done to make it musical. IME Rick has figured it out and I am skeptical of others throwing the module in a box and calling it an amp worthy of musical reproduction. My 2 cents.

And I should add that I guess it's not known whether these new Rotel amps use B&O ICEpower modules or some other class-D technology. But the price of the 5x100w amp is really killer and quite temping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1634 Old 01-06-2009, 05:33 PM

Hi EJ,

Just wondering if you ever got those LS-6's you ordered.
post #453 of 1634 Old 01-08-2009, 03:14 PM

Hello EJ:

I am impressed by the reviews, and your answers on this site, and am interested in the SX-1000 monoblocks. However, I like the option of completely dimming all indicator lights on the amp and also no standby light; the PS audio GCC series comes to mind for these features as standard. Can I order the SX-1000 in black, and with the total dimmer features?

TJ
post #454 of 1634 Old 01-11-2009, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hi EJ,

Has there been any conclusion on whether the 250ASX2 sounds better than the 200ASC? It seems that most companies are still clinging to the 200ASC or are still evaluating the ASX line. Thanks.
post #455 of 1634 Old 01-11-2009, 10:54 AM
PAD
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Here ya go, the HT rack of W4S amps. And the link has the 2 channel room with 2 more 1000's in there.

http://alhull.com/room7v3/index0002.htm
post #456 of 1634 Old 01-11-2009, 02:41 PM

nice shot!
post #457 of 1634 Old 01-12-2009, 12:14 PM

Hi there, where is this store you were refering to? I can only buy sacd from amazon and rarely in futureshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt_Krunch View Post

zounds - interesting, 400 hours. I was at a hi-fi store yesterday, first time for me at this location as it is in a spot not easy to get too. They mostly deal with music (DVD's, SACD', and CD's, with a HUGE emphasis on classical).

Anyway, in their DVD-Audio section, they had a $40 disc (Cdn $'s here) and I should have written the name down. It is designed to 'burn in' your equipment. There are 4 tracks on there. Supposedly each track does different things but at an acclerated rate (as compared to 400 hours) to burn in eletronics (including tubes, ss, transports, amps, prepros, speakers, subwoofers... everything). It even has a short 'warm-up' track on it that you can use to 'cleanse' the system once / week or even every time before you actually put something on.

Anyone heard of this? Like I said, I forgot the name, but I might buy it anyway just for giggles to see how it actually works.

post #458 of 1634 Old 01-12-2009, 02:47 PM
PAD
AVS Special Member

post #459 of 1634 Old 01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Looks like the perfect product for the gullible, rich, or those that don't know better.
post #460 of 1634 Old 01-13-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJames View Post

Hello EJ:

I am impressed by the reviews, and your answers on this site, and am interested in the SX-1000 monoblocks. However, I like the option of completely dimming all indicator lights on the amp and also no standby light; the PS audio GCC series comes to mind for these features as standard. Can I order the SX-1000 in black, and with the total dimmer features?

My understanding is that ALL new Wyred-4-Sound amps have a small hole on the bottom with a attenuator that can be turned (with philips-head eye-glass type small screwdriver) to make the front light bright or dimmed all the way out. Also the SX-1000 is available in black.

I just received the black ST-1000 (love it)...I have the front light dimmed out and leave the amp powered on 24/7.
post #461 of 1634 Old 01-14-2009, 08:30 PM
AVS Club Gold

So I've spent WAY to many hours on this board and haven't posted a thing. I know, my bad. So now that will change. I'll be working to do a posting of my Theater redo but I wanted to do my first post on this board. While I haven't had all the time I have wanted, yet, to review my W4S multi-Channel amp (3x500, 2x25) so far it is FANTASTIC. I didn't notice a huge break-in issue at the beginning but I have noticed an improvement over time. Like many others I leave it on all the time.

Visually the amp is beautiful. Not over stated but solid and powerful. Mine is all black. It looks outstanding.

As for sound it is unbelievably smooth without loss of clarity. No ear fatigue at VERY high levels and NEVER a sense of running out of power. I could not be happier.

And the cherry on top is dealing with the company. A fantastic company (EJ is a stand out) that will help you in any way you need. I've dealt with other very high-end, specialty companies before that provided good support but they could not combine that with the ability to customize the product to your needs and be extremely price competitive. If you want customization, great customer service, and a great price you usually have to pick just two but with W4S you get all three.

This is all unsolicited and I'm happy to provide any other comments if people are interested.

More to come.
post #462 of 1634 Old 01-17-2009, 09:05 AM

WYRED 4 SOUND; Another product is added to the product line!

Installed in the Stereo size chassis comes the Mini MC. With 216W x 7ch, this amp should fit the needs for many looking for a compact and powerful 7ch amp. Our proto-type is complete and functioning like production units will, however, the official release isn't expected until sometime in early September.

Hi EJ,

When will these be ready in 5 or 7 channel? What's the power into 6 ohm's? 300w? I'm interested in a 5 channel in all black.

Early thanks EJ.

Kilinko.
post #463 of 1634 Old 01-18-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jScottmsc View Post

My understanding is that ALL new Wyred-4-Sound amps have a small hole on the bottom with a attenuator that can be turned (with philips-head eye-glass type small screwdriver) to make the front light bright or dimmed all the way out. Also the SX-1000 is available in black.

I just received the black ST-1000 (love it)...I have the front light dimmed out and leave the amp powered on 24/7.

Thanks a lot jScottmsc. This is what I needed to know.

TJ
post #464 of 1634 Old 01-18-2009, 11:54 PM

I have my W4S multi-Channel amp (7x500) since 6 week and I love it ,but I do have one concern ,the temperature of my Amp after it is on for 20-30 min is exact 122 F (50 C) .My question is will it harm the Amp in long term ?
post #465 of 1634 Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token1 View Post

I have my W4S multi-Channel amp (7x500) since 6 week and I love it ,but I do have one concern ,the temperature of my Amp after it is on for 20-30 min is exact 122 F (50 C) .My question is will it harm the Amp in long term ?

My apologies to all for getting so behind on the posting here. We've been extremely busy lately, and we're just trying to stay on top of orders and new products. Although it's very exhausting, no complains here; the busier, the better!

Hello Token1,

All of the components used are rated for at least 85°C, so there shouldn't be an issue with what you're measuring. The particular unit that you have is the hottest running amp we have because of the power packed with-in. As you may notice, the amp doesn't get much hotter when playing music if at all. It is normal for your amp to run at this temperature, and shouldn't be a concern. A comparable class A/B amp would probably run 65+°C if even possible with that much power on hand.

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
post #466 of 1634 Old 01-19-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjo100 View Post

Hi EJ,

Just wondering if you ever got those LS-6's you ordered.

Hello Chjo100,

I wish! I've been promised 100% that they will ship this week. We will see what happens?

Thank you for asking.

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
post #467 of 1634 Old 01-19-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJames View Post

Hello EJ:

Hello TJames,

Yes, we offer both of the options you’re looking for. On the new web site, you will notice that you have the option of color and voltage of each unit before one is purchased. The mono and stereo amplifiers both have the ability to dim the light bar all the way off if needed. Also, the new monos which we are now shipping offer DC trigger input as a standard.

Thank you,

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
post #468 of 1634 Old 01-19-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post

Hi EJ,

Has there been any conclusion on whether the 250ASX2 sounds better than the 200ASC? It seems that most companies are still clinging to the 200ASC or are still evaluating the ASX line. Thanks.

Hello Veda,

We've come to the conclusion that the 125ASX2 module does sound pretty good. However, it takes more circuitry than the ASC to produce the 200wpc. The 250ASX2 may be a good option to look into because of the higher output without bridging, and lack of required parts. We will look into this for future use. Thank you!

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
post #469 of 1634 Old 01-19-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilinko View Post

WYRED 4 SOUND; Another product is added to the product line!

Installed in the Stereo size chassis comes the Mini MC. With 216W x 7ch, this amp should fit the needs for many looking for a compact and powerful 7ch amp. Our proto-type is complete and functioning like production units will, however, the official release isn't expected until sometime in early September.

Hi EJ,

When will these be ready in 5 or 7 channel? What's the power into 6 ohm's? 300w? I'm interested in a 5 channel in all black.

Early thanks EJ.

Kilinko.

Hello Kilinko,

We are currently in production with the Mini MC amplifiers. We are currently filling back orders for the 7ch amplifiers. We have a bracket on order which is needed for the 5ch amplifiers. Delivery on the 5ch amplifiers are expected in about 2 weeks. Output in 6 ohms is right around 250W.

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
post #470 of 1634 Old 01-19-2009, 04:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 157
"the temperature of my Amp after it is on for 20-30 min is exact 122 F (50 C) "

"All of the components used are rated for at least 85°C"

Presumably the 50 C is the case temperature, in which case the component temp is much higher; you might be skating on thin ice.

Noah
post #471 of 1634 Old 01-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

I thought Ice amps ran cool. Is this amp in a closed space?

AudioBear
post #472 of 1634 Old 01-19-2009, 05:22 PM

thanks E.J , ,this is right my old Denon went up to 70 C.
I am really happy with your product
post #473 of 1634 Old 01-19-2009, 05:38 PM

the Amp is in a close space ,but have plenty of space around ,15 cm left -right, 15 cm on the top ,door open during turn on ,I measured the unit on the top trough one of the vents ,I will check it again with a infrared thermometer to see the different inside .As I said before my old Denon AVC-A1XV
was hotter .I live in a hot climate (Thailand) ,room temperature -air con on is 24-25 C .My pre amp ,Onkyo 886,have about 50 C too .
post #474 of 1634 Old 01-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Ok, we'll take 5°C off for climate!

If you had a open shelf type system I think you would find that all of your components would run at least 5-10°C cooler. I have an Ice amp that is hardly warm to the touch and it's on an open shelf. My Onkyo 886 was the same, not much warmer than body temp.

Besides you want to see this beautiful gear don't you? Show it off. To be serious the temps you report will probably not bother it.

AudioBear
post #475 of 1634 Old 01-20-2009, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token1 View Post

Sawasdee krub. Nice to know I have a W4S friend in Thailand.

My monoblocks just run warm to the touch after playing for quite a while. I'm a bit more concerned about the fluctuations of electrical current by our local power authority.

EJ, should we get an AC conditioner with automatic voltage regulator for the amps (& the future STP preamp)? Hope you'll say your power supplies / internal parts can cope well with unstable current, in terms of equipment longevity & sonic performance. I don't really want to spend extra on such AVR feature whose necessities are still debatable. Thanks.
post #476 of 1634 Old 01-20-2009, 05:00 PM

Sawasdee

I do use a stabilizer ,
http://www.siliconthai.com/for_hi-end-SXD_en-1.htm

as first I was skeptical about this ,but I must admit it doing a very good job
post #477 of 1634 Old 01-21-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYRED 4 SOUND View Post

Hello Chjo100,

I wish! I’ve been promised 100% that they will ship this week. We will see what happens?

Thank you for asking.

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com

Looking forward to your impressions. I'm running my LS6s with the SX-1000s and a Bel Canto Pre2. The Pre2 and SX-1000s mate nicely....full bodied and transparent, and the LS6s let all the detail shine. The bypass caps and resistors were upgraded to Sonicap Platinums and Mills resistors. The 25uf cap was also replaced with a 47uf cap. Danny stated the 47uf would be less recessive for the mids handled by that portion of the XO. Still working the room to get the bass right..... that would be my only outstanding issue.

Liv
post #478 of 1634 Old 01-22-2009, 07:01 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioBear View Post

Ok, we'll take 5°C off for climate!

If you had a open shelf type system I think you would find that all of your components would run at least 5-10°C cooler. I have an Ice amp that is hardly warm to the touch and it's on an open shelf. My Onkyo 886 was the same, not much warmer than body temp.

Besides you want to see this beautiful gear don't you? Show it off. To be serious the temps you report will probably not bother it.

I have mine in a very tight fitting custom wood rack/enclosure so I was concerned about heat after reading how everyone else commented on how cool the amp was after running it hard and I was feeling some "warmth". So I did some research on the board and found a very inexpensive and quiet side exhaust fan (with 2 blades). I've installed the fan and that small change has changed the feeling from "warmth" to just a "little warm". From my perspective concerned solved. Have not done any measurements as others have done but compared to other VERY hot Amps I've owned, and my current Integra 9.9, the warmth I was feeling would not have been a problem but I just thought it was better to be safe since I think I'm going to be owning this amp for a very very long time.
post #479 of 1634 Old 01-22-2009, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Still loving my 5 channel MC amp. EJ , any ideas of a multi processor from wyred4sound that take handles the new HD codecs? That would be awsome if you guys built one.

Thanx Chris ,

- Independent Dreams - IDStudios
post #480 of 1634 Old 01-23-2009, 03:50 PM

I'm very close to picking up one of the W4S stereo amps based on great reviews and the responsiveness of EJ on this thread. Seems like a company really worth supporting. I'm trying to decide between the ST-250 and ST-500. My speakers are a fairly easy load (8ohm, 93dB sens). I'm thinking the 250 would be more than sufficient, but would there anything to be gained by going up to the 500?

Also interested in impressions of the sonic character of these amps. I'm hoping to match or beat my ARC 100.2 in terms of sweet highs, great slam factor, deep and tuneful bass. Any comments on the ST amps in this regard?

Finally, I plan to pair it with a PS Audio GCP-200 preamp. Any opinions on how this pre would mate up with the W4S amps? Any comments on how the GCP might stack up against the new W4S pre?

Thanks for your input.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Cambridge Soundworks Newton Series Mc500 Main Center Speaker Each
Gear in this thread - Mc500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page