Official Wyred 4 Sound Amp Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #721 of 1626 Old 06-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Senior Member
 
bsavitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoshm View Post

My 2 cent payback for all the insights this thread has given me.
All I can say is this amp "Rocks" or maybe it "Jazzes" or it "Syphonies"... Heck it does it all superbly.
I live in Mexico and I did have some problems running my amp's import. If you get into trouble like I did, you can not hope for better support than the support I received from the people at W4S. A public note of gratitude on their post sales support, they were there shoulder to shoulder. No ifs or buts just hows and whens. However, most people on this forum are not from Mexico and probably could care less about this, so on to the sound experience.
Out of the box I was impressed. Extremely well packaged. It survived air freight and complicated customs handling without a hint of abuse (not even the outter box). It has a very well presented and thorough manual. I am not much of a manual guy (break first read later) and for an amp, a well presented and thorough manual, it is not a primary concern. However, the attention to detail struck me.
I received the amp before my processor, so I tested it on a Rotel RSX-1065, formerly using and ADCOM 7605 Bi-Amping 2xB&W 683 and the Rotel powering 3xB&W 685. The W4S went in to power the 2 683 first single amp (1ch per speaker), then bi amp (2ch per speaker). The source was fed by an Adcom GDV-870, bitstream.
Out of the box, I knew I had a winner and that all the extra effort required to import the unit was worth it. However, I consider myself very picky. Using 1 channel amp per speaker (a reasonable comparison to the Adcom Bi-amp configuration), I did notice some hindrances. I found the amp very rich in the lows, bringing sub frequencies to notice that the Adcom had never been able to reproduce with these speakers. Over all, the sound was much richer and (I hate clichés) musical. All this did have some draw backs. I found a little less clarity in the mid highs and I found the highs a little lacking. Despite this, the amp was hands down a winner in my first impression test.
Despite common sense or everything I have learned and forgotten as an engineer, these units, or at least the one I received, do go through a burn in period. After about 3 or 4 hours of continuous use at bothersome sound levels, the staging opened up considerably. I began to perceive the detail I was looking for in the mid-highs and the highs and ultra highs became present. WOW is all I can say. Eventually there simply was no point of comparison between the two amps. The musicality and richness of the W4S without any lack of clarity or staging was just incredible. It got to the point that the person lending me his system for the test requested I take my amp home since he was not in a position to upgrade his set-up.
With the Anthem Statement D2v2 in front, Arc room correction engaged, I am finally, after 20+yrs, satisfied with my sound system. I have even postponed upgrading my source equipment.

Which model W4S do you have?
bsavitz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #722 of 1626 Old 06-02-2009, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Warpdrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 7,350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoshm View Post

With the Anthem Statement D2v2 in front, Arc room correction engaged, I am finally, after 20+yrs, satisfied with my sound system. I have even postponed upgrading my source equipment.


Awesome.... Congrats, I also find the combo of the D2v and Wyred4Sound amp to be fantastic combination....

Welcome to AVS, now start posting in the D2v thread as well... Lots of incredibly great help from Bob for any and all questions you may have with it as well... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=678260
Warpdrv is offline  
post #723 of 1626 Old 06-06-2009, 03:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
baddgsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 1,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How long before we start seeing some pics of the new multichannel amp look and internals? and how long before they start shipping?

- Independent Dreams - IDStudios
baddgsx is offline  
post #724 of 1626 Old 06-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Member
 
klao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi EJ,

There's an upcoming review of STP Special Edition in 10 Audio. What did you guys put in the preamp?

Is there any online copy of TAS review of the SX-1000 available in the W4S website yet?

Thanks.
klao is offline  
post #725 of 1626 Old 06-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Newbie
 
jllaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
EJ:

I bought your SX1000's in April. I'm looking to purchase the PRE in a couple of months. The upgrades to the CAP's and resistors here are they standard in the ordering process or should I call when I'm ready to order?

Thanks,
jllaudio is offline  
post #726 of 1626 Old 06-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Senior Member
 
WYRED 4 SOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post

How long before we start seeing some pics of the new multichannel amp look and internals? and how long before they start shipping?

At this point, we aren't planning on producing a multi-channel amplifier as part of the reference line.

Sorry,

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
WYRED 4 SOUND is offline  
post #727 of 1626 Old 06-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Senior Member
 
WYRED 4 SOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by klao View Post

Hi EJ,

There's an upcoming review of STP Special Edition in 10 Audio. What did you guys put in the preamp?

Is there any online copy of TAS review of the SX-1000 available in the W4S website yet?

Thanks.

Yes, the review in 10 Audio should be out very soon. The preamp is the SE model which has input/output wiring, and power supply capacitor upgrades. This is the $200 SE option.

I have a ton of updating to do the web-site which I hope I have a chance to do soon.

Thank you,

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
WYRED 4 SOUND is offline  
post #728 of 1626 Old 06-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Senior Member
 
WYRED 4 SOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jllaudio View Post

EJ:

I bought your SX1000's in April. I'm looking to purchase the PRE in a couple of months. The upgrades to the CAP's and resistors here are they standard in the ordering process or should I call when I'm ready to order?

Thanks,

Hello jllaudio,

We're offering wiring and capacitor upgrades for an additional $200. When the order is placed, just ask for the STP-SE model.

Thank you,

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
WYRED 4 SOUND is offline  
post #729 of 1626 Old 06-24-2009, 06:03 AM
Senior Member
 
bsavitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Which ICE modules are being used in the current ST-250 and ST-500?
ASP, ASC, ASX2?
bsavitz is offline  
post #730 of 1626 Old 06-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Senior Member
 
WYRED 4 SOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavitz View Post

Which ICE modules are being used in the current ST-250 and ST-500?
ASP, ASC, ASX2?

Hello Bsavitz,

We are using the ASC modules in the ST-250, and ASP modules in the ST-500.

Thank you,

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
WYRED 4 SOUND is offline  
post #731 of 1626 Old 06-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Senior Member
 
bsavitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYRED 4 SOUND View Post

Hello Bsavitz,

We are using the ASC modules in the ST-250, and ASP modules in the ST-500.

Thank you,

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com

Thanks for the quick reply.
The speakers I'll be using are pretty efficient and the ST-250 would easily be powerful enough for them but there is always the possibility that I'll upgrade my speakers. So, I'm thinking the ST-500 might be the ticket.
But the pre-outs on my present AV receiver are only 1.0V. I notice that the sensitivity of the ST-250 is 1.28V and the ST-500 is 2.1V.
Knowing that, do you think I would have any issues using the ST-500 in my current system?
bsavitz is offline  
post #732 of 1626 Old 06-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Senior Member
 
WYRED 4 SOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavitz View Post

Thanks for the quick reply.
The speakers I'll be using are pretty efficient and the ST-250 would easily be powerful enough for them but there is always the possibility that I'll upgrade my speakers. So, I'm thinking the ST-500 might be the ticket.
But the pre-outs on my present AV receiver are only 1.0V. I notice that the sensitivity of the ST-250 is 1.28V and the ST-500 is 2.1V.
Knowing that, do you think I would have any issues using the ST-500 in my current system?


Hello Bsavitz,

Not a problem. I think you are on the right track. One thing many customers overlook is the possible need for the future. Purchasing an ST-250 now will work just fine, but may need to be sold later if you change speakers and need more power. The ST-500 is a very versatile amplifier that can work with many speakers, and the ST-1000 will basically mate with any speaker.

You won't have any issues with mating the ST-500 with your receiver even considering the fact that pre-outs are only 1.0v. I think you will find that the receiver will put out much more than a volt during transients. One thing that we need to be careful of is to not overdrive an amplifier. It's much better to utilize the amplifier in the middle of its power range. Being that the amplifiers have the same gain, the levels that will be playing will be the same loudness. The difference is where the amp runs out of headroom. The ST-250 may be a bit constrained in comparison to the ST-500. I hope this helps.

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
WYRED 4 SOUND is offline  
post #733 of 1626 Old 06-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Senior Member
 
bsavitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYRED 4 SOUND View Post

Hello Bsavitz,

Not a problem. I think you are on the right track. One thing many customers overlook is the possible need for the future. Purchasing an ST-250 now will work just fine, but may need to be sold later if you change speakers and need more power. The ST-500 is a very versatile amplifier that can work with many speakers, and the ST-1000 will basically mate with any speaker.

You won't have any issues with mating the ST-500 with your receiver even considering the fact that pre-outs are only 1.0v. I think you will find that the receiver will put out much more than a volt during transients. One thing that we need to be careful of is to not overdrive an amplifier. It's much better to utilize the amplifier in the middle of its power range. Being that the amplifiers have the same gain, the levels that will be playing will be the same loudness. The difference is where the amp runs out of headroom. The ST-250 may be a bit constrained in comparison to the ST-500. I hope this helps.

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com

Good information. That helps a great deal.
Thanks
bsavitz is offline  
post #734 of 1626 Old 06-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Member
 
Hogganbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey EJ,

Just wondering if we can get a rough release "schedule" for some of your new products. I know the integrated has been in the works a while and the DAC is a ways off, but any clue when the "reference" amp series will be along?

Thanks.
Hogganbeck is offline  
post #735 of 1626 Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Senior Member
 
WYRED 4 SOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogganbeck View Post

Hey EJ,

Just wondering if we can get a rough release "schedule" for some of your new products. I know the integrated has been in the works a while and the DAC is a ways off, but any clue when the "reference" amp series will be along?

Thanks.

Hello Hogganbeck,

Sure, I will start with the integrated amplifiers. I have completed the final revision of software this morning and will be ready to start shipping mid next week. There is already a back-log of customers in line, and it looks like we may need to order more very soon. Anyone interested should email me to reserve a unit before the first batch is all sold out. We are offering the STI-1000 for $2495 and the STI-500 for $1995. The integrated will also offer a loop out feature which will allow a digital crossover or such to be inserted between the volume control and amplifiers. I hope to be able to put these units on the site with-in a week or so.

The reference series is in process and moving along according to plan. I've completed pretty much all the design, and am now working on the input stage. We plan on releasing these units by the end of the year (probably around RMAF time). Pricing is still to be decided. I've attached renderings for those interested. Also, we will still offer the trade in program so those interested can purchase the current amplifiers, then upgrade to the reference series when they become available and only pay the difference in cost. The units will look MUCH better in real life, but after all, these are just renderings.

The DAC has been put on the back burner a couple of times, but is moving up. We have a new project for a restaurant chain to do, and then the DAC will be next.

We're moving right along, and plan to keep doing so, but it never seems fast enough.

Thank you and have a great weekend,

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com



LL
LL
WYRED 4 SOUND is offline  
post #736 of 1626 Old 06-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
bob53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: MN
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi all,

I was hoping EJ or someone else could weigh in re: the differences between the now discontinued GCP-200 from PS Audio (I presume this unit was designed and assembled by Cullen Circuits and hence why the STP is cosmetically quite similar.) and the new STP. Is the design completely different? Sonically are they similar? The GCP-200 was one of the few SS preamps worth listening to IMHO - completely quiet, not harsh whatsoever, and good soundstaging.

PS Audio offered a power supply upgrade for the GCP-200 at one point - does the STP's power supply match the upgrade this offered?

Thx,

Bob
bob53 is offline  
post #737 of 1626 Old 06-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Member
 
Hogganbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bob53,

I know Cullen Circuits used to build the GCP200, but I'm not sure how much input they had in the design.

I had your same question a while back; EJ's response is on page 17 of this thread, post #486:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...005943&page=17

I have both the STP and the GCP200. I concur with EJ's comments. I'll also add that I find the STP to match the GCP's resolving power without any harshness whatsoever; in fact, I have a difficult time telling them apart, but I do give the edge to the STP for overall transparency and neutrality. In comparing them in my systems, I find the GCP to have a bit (and I mean just a bit) of a mid-bass bloom that the more neutral STP does not. That's why I've kept the GCP in my second system, where this bloom actually helps relieve some thinness in that system. I think both of these are among the best preamps I've heard and the STP is, in my opinion, a true giant-killer.
Hogganbeck is offline  
post #738 of 1626 Old 06-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Member
 
Hogganbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYRED 4 SOUND View Post

I’ve attached renderings for those interested. Also, we will still offer the trade in program so those interested can purchase the current amplifiers, then upgrade to the reference series when they become available and only pay the difference in cost. The units will look MUCH better in real life, but after all, these are just renderings.

Thanks, EJ. The new designs look great. Is the trade in program good no matter when the current line of amps is purchased? I got my ST-500 in February, so I trust I can do the trade-up as you've described when the time comes? Also, will the STP be getting the new case work as well?

As always, thank you.
Hogganbeck is offline  
post #739 of 1626 Old 06-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Senior Member
 
WYRED 4 SOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogganbeck View Post

Thanks, EJ. The new designs look great. Is the trade in program good no matter when the current line of amps is purchased? I got my ST-500 in February, so I trust I can do the trade-up as you've described when the time comes? Also, will the STP be getting the new case work as well?

As always, thank you.

Hello Hogganbeck,

Not a problem, thank you for your input on the STP. I think we will have to draw a line somewhere, and I think it's going to be that we will take any unit back $/$ if it was purchased in 09. We will still offer this to other customers who bought before '09, but at a smaller trade-in value. I'm not sure if any company could afford to take back all previous products for a trade in on newer ones at the full purchased price, but we will do our best.

Hmmm There will be another version of the STP in the new case, but will be down the road. I'm not really sure when it will be available, but there will be a reference pre to come. There is nothing on the drawing board for this at this point, so I don't want to encourage anyone in waiting for it.

Thank you,

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
WYRED 4 SOUND is offline  
post #740 of 1626 Old 06-30-2009, 03:01 AM
Newbie
 
mlchow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi EJ,

Will the reference mono be a mirror image of each other and what is the difference between the reference stereo and mono? Since I have the SX-1000 I am interested in the difference between the current model and the reference.

Thanks.
mlchow is offline  
post #741 of 1626 Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 AM
BP
Senior Member
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Suburban NYC
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi:
Back in later May I posted on my experience with the SX-1000 amps after about 100 hours. There was much to like in the smooth open sound that revealed many more details than my previous equipment had. At the same time I wanted a bit more body on mids and upper mids, some more depth of soundstage and some "gut" feeling I was missing. Well I am pleased to report that after many more hours use of the amps that much of what I enjoyed has remained and what was "missing" has become present and enjoyable again!
Most importantly voices and brass have the proper weight so their presence sounds right. Once again I can feel the music but without the edge that used to exist. Of course, if you put on a bad recording it sounds horrble with an unforgiving system! But throw on something good and these amps are very impressive. Listen to a better recording like an XRCD and the quality can really be appreciated. Sometimes I can't help but smile after listening to a few cuts...
I have read numerous postings on various boards that were quickly dismissive of Class D technology. I was lucky enough to try the W4S for myself and make my own decision based on what I have heard. If I was a traditional Class A A/B amp manufacturer I would be very concerned about what the value of Class D in the hands of a company model like W4S could mean for the future.
Thanks to Rick and EJ; a job well done! Can't wait to hear the Reference next!
BP

BP

Open mind, open ears. There are no absolutes!
BP is offline  
post #742 of 1626 Old 06-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Senior Member
 
WYRED 4 SOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlchow View Post

Hi EJ,

Will the reference mono be a mirror image of each other and what is the difference between the reference stereo and mono? Since I have the SX-1000 I am interested in the difference between the current model and the reference.

Thanks.

Hello Mlchow,

Basically, the stereo units will consist of 2 monos in one chassis. The only part they will share will be the IEC connector and the chassis they're bolted to. The differences between the current amplifiers and the reference versions will be the input stage, power supply and chassis.

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
WYRED 4 SOUND is offline  
post #743 of 1626 Old 06-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Senior Member
 
WYRED 4 SOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post

Hi:
Back in later May I posted on my experience with the SX-1000 amps after about 100 hours. There was much to like in the smooth open sound that revealed many more details than my previous equipment had. At the same time I wanted a bit more body on mids and upper mids, some more depth of soundstage and some "gut" feeling I was missing. Well I am pleased to report that after many more hours use of the amps that much of what I enjoyed has remained and what was "missing" has become present and enjoyable again!
Most importantly voices and brass have the proper weight so their presence sounds right. Once again I can feel the music but without the edge that used to exist. Of course, if you put on a bad recording it sounds horrble with an unforgiving system! But throw on something good and these amps are very impressive. Listen to a better recording like an XRCD and the quality can really be appreciated. Sometimes I can't help but smile after listening to a few cuts...
I have read numerous postings on various boards that were quickly dismissive of Class D technology. I was lucky enough to try the W4S for myself and make my own decision based on what I have heard. If I was a traditional Class A A/B amp manufacturer I would be very concerned about what the value of Class D in the hands of a company model like W4S could mean for the future.
Thanks to Rick and EJ; a job well done! Can't wait to hear the Reference next!
BP

Hello BP,

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad the amplifiers are making you smile. I think we could all benefit from smiling more often.

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
WYRED 4 SOUND is offline  
post #744 of 1626 Old 06-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Newbie
 
mlchow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks EJ for the quick response but I thought the current SX and ST range differ in certain parts such as the wiring, etc. So for the Reference range these parts will be the same?

I hope that the Reference monos will be mirror image of each other so that all connectors and sockets will be on opposite sides and not identical units like the current SX ones. Ideally the speaker terminal and IC connector will be at the extreme ends with the power socket in the middle so that the cables when attached will not cross each other.

Thanks.
mlchow is offline  
post #745 of 1626 Old 07-01-2009, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
thrang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 4,129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 130
I'm putting my Earthquake Cinenova Grande 7 amp up for sale here in the classifieds, and on Audiogon...its actually posted already...

Why? I'm not sure, as I love it, but with the upgrade-itis we all suffer from here, I have a W4S 3x500/4x250 amp on the way, scheduled for Friday delivery...

So let's hope it's really an upgrade and not a side-grade!
thrang is offline  
post #746 of 1626 Old 07-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Member
 
ILPS9200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Between Durham and London, England.
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dear EJ, my ST1000 is in standby, and has been since day one, in my place in London, where it is said to reach 31degrees this week. Since I am away, I'm concerned anything could happen to it? The last time we had this kind of heat my equipment (non-W4S) went gaga.

Thanks,

Kevin.
ILPS9200 is offline  
post #747 of 1626 Old 07-01-2009, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DreamCatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anybody else here excited about the new integrated amp (STI-1000)
I just ordered one.... can't wait to listen to it.
Currently using an NAD Master Series M3 to drive a pair of
VMPS RM-40s. But I think the RM-40's would like more power,
a lot more power!
Hopefully the STI-1000 will have all the attributes of the M3, dead quite background, excellent bass control, etc.... with a lot more headroom.

dc

StayThristyMyFriends
DreamCatcher is offline  
post #748 of 1626 Old 07-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Newbie
 
jllaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mated with my SX1000's and HT Receiver driving Magnepan 3.6R's. After the 1st hour of playing the sound is really getting nice. Right now I'm listening to the "Best of Accoustic Alchemy", I can really hear the strings doing their thing.

The manual says 100 to 200 hours for break-in. I'm already extremely happy with what I'm hearing. I've put away my Musical Fidelity A5 integrated that I was using as a PRE.

It's nearly midnight and I should get some sleep, but I can't wait to give it another good workout tomorrow, while I'm watching the Williams sister's.
jllaudio is offline  
post #749 of 1626 Old 07-01-2009, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Veda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Asia
Posts: 2,189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
EJ, what B&O module is used on the STI-500?
Veda is offline  
post #750 of 1626 Old 07-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Senior Member
 
WYRED 4 SOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlchow View Post

Thanks EJ for the quick response but I thought the current SX and ST range differ in certain parts such as the wiring, etc. So for the Reference range these parts will be the same?

I hope that the Reference monos will be mirror image of each other so that all connectors and sockets will be on opposite sides and not identical units like the current SX ones. Ideally the speaker terminal and IC connector will be at the extreme ends with the power socket in the middle so that the cables when attached will not cross each other.

Thanks.

Hello Mlchow,

The reference units will offer the same parts internally. I tried to design the chassis to be a mirror image of one another, but the power-supply to module clearance wouldn't allow for the reverse of what we have. Even if we could reverse the chassis the AC would have to run parallel to the analog section internally.

EJ Sarmento
sales@wyred4sound.com
www.wyred4sound.com
WYRED 4 SOUND is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Cambridge Soundworks Newton Series Mc500 Main Center Speaker Each
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off