Official Denon AVP-A1HD/AVP-A1HDCI and POA-A1HD/POA-A1HDCI owners thread. - Page 878 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

post #26311 of 26320 Old Yesterday, 12:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post
Even though you are not in the US. For others that are that may be looking to have mods done, if you do a forum search on that place in Michigan called "The Upgrade Company", you will find loads of reasons why they should be avoided.
Cinemike.de , They know what they are doing and KNOW the avp and poa. last time i was there they had several units of both. One of the biggest problems for maintaining these devices is they are complex and most modders have never seen one. They also did my 3d upgrade btw and they did a lot of them. Problem is as far as i know there are no 3d boards anymore.

jvb.nl , Know them (well i am in *.nl) nice people but more product based good for some stuff like hacks, hs-sdi and pre modded sales. I got my last modded oppo player from them. Personally i doubt if they ever worked on a avp or poa.

"The upgrade company", never used them but i have seen there handy work and how they do PR. They seem to want to work in secret (unlike cinemike that is very open on what they do) and their 'blue' period would send me into shock if they ever did that to say a avp.

just my 2cents,

Daniel.

for men to evolve we have to upgrade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26312 of 26320 Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielo View Post
and their 'blue' period would send me into shock if they ever did that to say a avp.

just my 2cents,

Daniel.

Ahhh yes, their heavy handed blue glop application handiwork, a mess if there ever was one.
post #26313 of 26320 Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post
Even though you are not in the US. For others that are that may be looking to have mods done, if you do a forum search on that place in Michigan called "The Upgrade Company", you will find loads of reasons why they should be avoided.
WOW Thanks for the Tip, I do live in the USA and will look up info about that company thanks
post #26314 of 26320 Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicvinny View Post
The german upgrade company you're looking for is cinemike.de I guess.

He still does AVP upgrades. The only upgrade that's not available anymore is the 3D-upgrade.
Thanks For the name Gonna see what they can do for me.
post #26315 of 26320 Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgarcia View Post
Thanks For the name Gonna see what they can do for me.
Just be warned about Cinemikes prices. He is doing a lot of work and changing many, many electronic parts in the AVP. This is a lot of work and he has a plan, he worked out in advance, what to change.
However, if I remember correctly and if you do all levels of his upgrades you have at the end two AVPs at home - price wise, not physically. Also, you have to take step after step and start at step one.
I was also interested in changing the OpAmps of the AVP, which he seems to change to the newer ones used in the 8801. Despite that I never received an answer to my e-mail, I sent six months + ago, you can't get this step number three alone. You have to buy the upgrades one and two to get three. Technical nonsense for me but surely good for Cinemikes budget.
Just what I found out and my personal experiences.
post #26316 of 26320 Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Why don't you come to the demo weekend in Germany, the 16th and 17th of August so you can hear and see everything by yourself. I don't feel like starting another CineMike discussion so with this post you are invited in Simmerath, and all your questions will be answered together with free drinks and a BBQ. How about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganymed4 View Post
Just be warned about Cinemikes prices. He is doing a lot of work and changing many, many electronic parts in the AVP. This is a lot of work and he has a plan, he worked out in advance, what to change.
However, if I remember correctly and if you do all levels of his upgrades you have at the end two AVPs at home - price wise, not physically. Also, you have to take step after step and start at step one.
I was also interested in changing the OpAmps of the AVP, which he seems to change to the newer ones used in the 8801. Despite that I never received an answer to my e-mail, I sent six months + ago, you can't get this step number three alone. You have to buy the upgrades one and two to get three. Technical nonsense for me but surely good for Cinemikes budget.
Just what I found out and my personal experiences.
post #26317 of 26320 Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by denon a1xva View Post
Why don't you come to the demo weekend in Germany, the 16th and 17th of August so you can hear and see everything by yourself. I don't feel like starting another CineMike discussion so with this post you are invited in Simmerath, and all your questions will be answered together with free drinks and a BBQ. How about that
Yes, this sounds good - thank you. I am living close to this place - around 50 km away. However, I don't have the time to go there and this much money, for an upgrade of the AVP is out of question for me.
I have an acoustically non-treated room, ATMOS is coming and if this is really good - which I doubt in the first incarnation - the AVP is in three years - at least - outdated, when ATMOS lives up to it's object oriented promise and in the second (more DSP power or even processor power) or then the third incarnation.
However, it is a beautifully build pre/pro and even if I think of the discrete balanced amps - OMG . And CineMike makes them even better - no doubt for me. Three years ago, the question would have not arisen to me. But today?
Thank you again for your kind proposal and I was there some years ago and made my opinion.

Thank you again, but I don't have the money to spent on this kind of improvement. There are other things, I have to spent my money on first.

Cheers

Markus
post #26318 of 26320 Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Update on my CC issue, sent it off to Ontario & just got a call on the repair estimate. The girl on the phone was just clerk so didn't know what it entails but the repair is going to cost me $280. Bit of a relief, I was thinking it might be the 3D board and that it would cost over $1k or that they wouldn't have any...
I suppose they could be doing a board-level repair rather than swapping our the entire board, whatever, just glad to get it repaired & hope it's the last time.

Got to try out the Denon AVR-X4000 ....until it broke... centre channel amp...
I have to say it sounded excellent for the price. I now have the Marantz SR5008 as my temp unit, it too is a heck of a value. It's amazing the sound quality you can get in the sub-$1k range now.
post #26319 of 26320 Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post
Update on my CC issue, sent it off to Ontario & just got a call on the repair estimate. The girl on the phone was just clerk so didn't know what it entails but the repair is going to cost me $280. Bit of a relief, I was thinking it might be the 3D board and that it would cost over $1k or that they wouldn't have any...
I suppose they could be doing a board-level repair rather than swapping our the entire board, whatever, just glad to get it repaired & hope it's the last time.

Got to try out the Denon AVR-X4000 ....until it broke... centre channel amp...
I have to say it sounded excellent for the price. I now have the Marantz SR5008 as my temp unit, it too is a heck of a value. It's amazing the sound quality you can get in the sub-$1k range now.
I am glad they found the problem and your getting it fixed. It cost me about same to get my center ML Stage fixed. Power supply and Stat panel was my problem.

Brad
post #26320 of 26320 Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi Markus. You don't need to buy anything at all, it will be just a meeting point with friends and customers to share the passion, together with some demo┬┤s and fun. I know you don't have the time but you are still invited. It would be nice to meet you in person. If you decide to come, my name is Viktor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganymed4 View Post
Yes, this sounds good - thank you. I am living close to this place - around 50 km away. However, I don't have the time to go there and this much money, for an upgrade of the AVP is out of question for me.
I have an acoustically non-treated room, ATMOS is coming and if this is really good - which I doubt in the first incarnation - the AVP is in three years - at least - outdated, when ATMOS lives up to it's object oriented promise and in the second (more DSP power or even processor power) or then the third incarnation.
However, it is a beautifully build pre/pro and even if I think of the discrete balanced amps - OMG . And CineMike makes them even better - no doubt for me. Three years ago, the question would have not arisen to me. But today?
Thank you again for your kind proposal and I was there some years ago and made my opinion.

Thank you again, but I don't have the money to spent on this kind of improvement. There are other things, I have to spent my money on first.

Cheers

Markus
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avp A1hdci Ultra Reference A V Network Streaming Preamplifier , Denon , Component Preamplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page