Official Denon AVP-A1HD/AVP-A1HDCI and POA-A1HD/POA-A1HDCI owners thread. - Page 879 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #26341 of 26341 Old Yesterday, 06:08 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielo View Post
I will pickup the ball, now in different country but when i get back i have some time. I think we can now say this is a trend and it would be good we formutate it and let them know.
Unfortunately, I don't see them doing anything about it. A bunch of us with AVR-4311CI's are experiencing an issue with Dolby Digital Plus from Netflix that they've fixed on a bunch of other AVR models (mostly newer models, but there are many 4311's out there that still have close to 2 years left on their warranties). They keep stringing AVR-4311CI owners along saying they're looking into the fix, but this has been going on for 6+ months now. Calls to customer service get nowhere - one time I called and was (politely) informed that the AVR-4311CI can't even handle Dolby Digital Plus. A few owners were given the option of trading their AVR-4311CI's in for a refurbished AVR-4520CI (for $100) or a brand new AVR-4520CI (for $300) to address the problem, but the rest of us are just getting ignored. This experience has soured me on the Denon brand, unfortunately. I still love my (upgraded) AVP and still have no idea what I would replace it with, but I'm not so sure that I'll ever buy another Denon product at this point. FWIW, all of this interaction is with Denon USA customer "support".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avp A1hdci Ultra Reference A V Network Streaming Preamplifier , Denon , Component Preamplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page