Official Denon AVP-A1HD/AVP-A1HDCI and POA-A1HD/POA-A1HDCI owners thread. - Page 879 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #26341 of 26347 Old 08-27-2014, 06:08 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielo View Post
I will pickup the ball, now in different country but when i get back i have some time. I think we can now say this is a trend and it would be good we formutate it and let them know.
Unfortunately, I don't see them doing anything about it. A bunch of us with AVR-4311CI's are experiencing an issue with Dolby Digital Plus from Netflix that they've fixed on a bunch of other AVR models (mostly newer models, but there are many 4311's out there that still have close to 2 years left on their warranties). They keep stringing AVR-4311CI owners along saying they're looking into the fix, but this has been going on for 6+ months now. Calls to customer service get nowhere - one time I called and was (politely) informed that the AVR-4311CI can't even handle Dolby Digital Plus. A few owners were given the option of trading their AVR-4311CI's in for a refurbished AVR-4520CI (for $100) or a brand new AVR-4520CI (for $300) to address the problem, but the rest of us are just getting ignored. This experience has soured me on the Denon brand, unfortunately. I still love my (upgraded) AVP and still have no idea what I would replace it with, but I'm not so sure that I'll ever buy another Denon product at this point. FWIW, all of this interaction is with Denon USA customer "support".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26342 of 26347 Old 08-28-2014, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Dear all,

I am now looking for a Audyssey Pro Kit for my AVP-A1 HD with 3D upgrade (AVP bought in Thailand). Where can I order one (I am living in Thailand, but can be delivered in the US).

Also, I have a JVC DLA-RS6710 (it is the 2014 JVC line up) videoprojector, is buying a Lumagen 2144 a good idea (I still have source without HDMI) ? will it improve my picture quality ?

Also, what is the recommended calibration software (if possible with Auto Cal for my projector and a Lumagen in the system) and probe ? Do I need more devices to obtain a great picture ?

I am sorry if it is a little bit out of topic, but I want the opinion from experienced people, and this forum has extremely knowledgeable people.

Regards
alebonau likes this.

Denon AVP-A1HD with 3D upgrade, Denon POA-A1HD, Klipsch THX Ultra 2 7.2 speakers, Oppo BDP-103D, Toshiba HD-A35, Oppo DV-983H, Samsung Satellite Receiver, JVC DLA-RS6710, Stewart Screen 16/9 Studiotek 130 G3 100", Mac Mini as a media center, NAS Synology DS 1812+, Drobo Pro 800 storage unit, Sony...
post #26343 of 26347 Old 08-29-2014, 02:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutaleZEN View Post
Dear all,

I am now looking for a Audyssey Pro Kit for my AVP-A1 HD with 3D upgrade (AVP bought in Thailand). Where can I order one (I am living in Thailand, but can be delivered in the US).

Also, I have a JVC DLA-RS6710 (it is the 2014 JVC line up) videoprojector, is buying a Lumagen 2144 a good idea (I still have source without HDMI) ? will it improve my picture quality ?

Also, what is the recommended calibration software (if possible with Auto Cal for my projector and a Lumagen in the system) and probe ? Do I need more devices to obtain a great picture ?

I am sorry if it is a little bit out of topic, but I want the opinion from experienced people, and this forum has extremely knowledgeable people.

Regards
hi brutale, not sure you read my review on the audyssey pro unit, but you buy it straight from audyssey. doesnt matter where in the world you are they ship to you. just matter of sending an email to

techsupport@audyssey.com

re calibration and a video processor for non hdmi and auto cal check the curtepalme site,

http://www.curtpalme.com/Products.shtm

I dont think can beat for products offered, and also their forum is pretty comprehensive re calibration. otherwise there is also our jvc threads on this forum here, eg the mini shootout thread where guys there are quite knowledgeable, and am sure can point in right direction if not answer your questions

Projector Mini-Shootout Thread 2013-2014

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Welcome to my lounge room :)
post #26344 of 26347 Old 08-29-2014, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
good luck on things, I did this pretty early up with my avp. going back to early days in this thread will find it. just a noctua silent fan sitting on its rubber legs pulling any warmth out the top. just aiding natural convection. it is just powered off the switched outlet on the back and via a 12V plug pack
Yeah I had it in a cabinet with a fan set up like that pulling air out, but that might not have been enough. So when I get it back it'll sit on top of the cabinet & I'll try to rig something that doesn't look Frankenstein-ish.
post #26345 of 26347 Old 08-29-2014, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
I still love my (upgraded) AVP and still have no idea what I would replace it with, but I'm not so sure that I'll ever buy another Denon product at this point. FWIW, all of this interaction is with Denon USA customer "support".
It's not exclusive to Denon, lots of other issues with other brands too. They're just getting way too complicated, more like computers than audio devices. I hunted around for a temp solution when my AVP went in and just about every brand I read about here had some kind of issue.
I picked up a Denon AVR3000.. it crapped out so I picked up a Marantz AVR5008... it crapped out, and I now have a Pioneer SC1228 (with ICEpower amps).. so far so good... but the MCACC sounds goofy.
post #26346 of 26347 Old 08-29-2014, 08:09 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post
It's not exclusive to Denon, lots of other issues with other brands too. They're just getting way too complicated, more like computers than audio devices. I hunted around for a temp solution when my AVP went in and just about every brand I read about here had some kind of issue.
I picked up a Denon AVR3000.. it crapped out so I picked up a Marantz AVR5008... it crapped out, and I now have a Pioneer SC1228 (with ICEpower amps).. so far so good... but the MCACC sounds goofy.
I'm well aware that crappy customer support isn't exclusive to Denon. But my point was that a bad experience encourages one to explore other brands next time around rather than to stay loyal to the current brand. As you point out though, one problem with switching brands is that there really aren't a lot of good options out there.
post #26347 of 26347 Old 08-29-2014, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post
Yeah I had it in a cabinet with a fan set up like that pulling air out, but that might not have been enough. So when I get it back it'll sit on top of the cabinet & I'll try to rig something that doesn't look Frankenstein-ish.
yeah in a cabinet maybe still had some heat building up ? perhaps the fan wasnt enough. in my case I run an open rack. and really the notcua fans just sit on the back grills of the avp drawing any hot air out. aiding natural convection. given was so easy to fix on I mirrored it with another sitting on top of my power amp.

[/url]

theyre pretty discrete the fans wouldnt even know theyre there, doing there doing there thing

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Welcome to my lounge room :)
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avp A1hdci Ultra Reference A V Network Streaming Preamplifier , Denon , Component Preamplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page