Official Denon AVP-A1HD/AVP-A1HDCI and POA-A1HD/POA-A1HDCI owners thread. - Page 882 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #26431 of 26432 Old Today, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Source naming

I have renamed the DVD source as Oppo 105, because that is what I am using. On the AVP display it says "Oppo 105 VD". Note the letters "VD" after a gap (which is longer than displayed here). I never entered these letters and no other source has letters appearing beyond the 8 character limit. What is going on?

Dave

I've worked it out - the VD stands for Video Direct. I must have pressed the HDMI Direct button on the front panel under the flap. The same move also hides the on-screen volume setting. I've returned things to normal.

Last edited by DJB of Poole; Today at 02:26 PM. Reason: Added answer to my own question - left it all for reference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26432 of 26432 Old Today, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I haven't posted in this thread for a few years at least.

I'm a happy owner of 2 * POA Amps + 1 AVP (not 3d upgraded) pre.

Finally after many years of inactivity (read = happy, not buying any new stuff), we're building a new home and looking for the latest & greatest.

I'm wiring the hometheater room with 4 * Atmos ceiling speakers + 9.1 'usual' floor standing speakers, for a 9.1.4 speaker setup. I'm also getting a Sony 4K projector etc.

The only missing piece is finding the equivalent of the AVP pre/pro, that is Atmos ready.
No luck finding one, despite a lot of AVS reading + google!

The new Marantz AV8802 (not yet released) seemed to be it, but the AVS thread suggests it can only support 11 active speakers (and not my intended 13 speaker setup - or maybe more, after all, the 2 * POA amps are already there anyway).

Any chance someone here is aware of rumors of a soon to be released pre/pro that could match the mythical Denon AVP?
By soon, I'm talking May / June of next year timeframe.

Many thanks!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avp A1hdci Ultra Reference A V Network Streaming Preamplifier , Denon , Component Preamplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page