Official Denon AVP-A1HD/AVP-A1HDCI and POA-A1HD/POA-A1HDCI owners thread. - Page 883 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes

post #26461 of 26466 Old 11-14-2014, 01:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesculus View Post
Anyone have an idea how I can get a jpeg picture displayed on the TV via the AVP while the audio input is directed to SPDIF? I would like to somehow show artwork while playing back from my squeezebox.

I did not see any appropriate way to direct anything to the display via the Denon Network API except with the iPod dock but that's a different animal. I can feed images from my NAS as well as audio files via the NET interface but there really is no way to program that as far as I can tell (ie access a file by folder/name via the API).
no idea on that, but can say the apple TV works pretty well in this regard, be it album art for tracks and albums, or just viewing photos from your library or home videos, youtube etc

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Welcome to my lounge room :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26462 of 26466 Old 11-14-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
no idea on that, but can say the apple TV works pretty well in this regard, be it album art for tracks and albums, or just viewing photos from your library or home videos, youtube etc
Actually I have a Mac Mini and the OPPO that can play back single audio to the AVP, but the Squeezebox setup I have does it multiroom and I can control the AVP and the music with one integrated app (see some older posts of mine about iPeng). But I thought I would try to spice up the app so it showed the coverart on the TV at the same time (I must be bored)

Chris
post #26463 of 26466 Old Today, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My A1HD vs 7702

I have an un answered thread with the same info, so forgive me if I repost here.

have the Denon AVP-A1HD, love the unit. Don't have the 3D upgrade (don't need 3D but would like better Audessey capability)

Over the last year, I've been wishing it was updated to the latest available features, but really didn't see the need to replace a working unit. Not to mention nothing seems close to the A1.

Jump forward to today.... the Denon has a problem. center channel - we get little to no volume. So I do have to send it in for repairs.

I bought the Marantz 7702 hoping it would give me great features and as good sound.

Basically theres no comparison on build quality, and Im not sure the sound is that good. The setup gave great balance of my 5.1 setup, but since I can't go back and forth, I'm thinking I should get the A1 repaired and stick with it. It just seemed to have a more natural sound.

Just wondering what people think....should I take this opportunity to replace the AVP? Or is the quality of the AVP so great I won't be able to replace it without investment.

thanks for the thoughts
post #26464 of 26466 Old Today, 04:51 PM
boe
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 61
A number of us have an issue with LOW volume on the center for the first 30 minutes before it warms up. I love the AVP and don't think there is anything out I'd trade it for at the moment however hopefully by the end of next year something will be available.

Let us know how much the repair costs if you don't mind.
post #26465 of 26466 Old Today, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I thought it was my imagination that it took time to warm up. However the volume on the center definitely is now broken. Surprisingly, the 7702 has been significantly louder across the board. Same POA amp.
post #26466 of 26466 Old Today, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Center Channel Warmup

This sounds like a capacitor problem.

Chris
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avp A1hdci Ultra Reference A V Network Streaming Preamplifier , Denon , Component Preamplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page