Official Denon AVP-A1HD/AVP-A1HDCI and POA-A1HD/POA-A1HDCI owners thread. - Page 888 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 50Likes
post #26611 of 26619 Old 03-19-2015, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB of Poole View Post
My Denon AVP A1HD is connected to my Oppo 105D via HDMI and has been perfectly good for many months. Now, when using a Multichannel SACD I press play on my Oppo and there is a gentle 'pop' from my front right loudspeaker and the channel goes silent. If I select stereo replay the track restarts and the right channel wakes up. Returning the Oppo to MCH then allows play to proceed normally. This is very odd and I can't decide whether the AVP is misbehaving, or the Oppo. [Thus this message will also be on the Oppo forum!]

Any suggestions as to what might be happening? Has anyone else noticed this?

All firmware is up to date - European versions.

Dave
If I understand you correctly, the AVP has problems with DSD only? That means, that decoding the DSD data stream is done internally in the AVP and not in the Oppo (if multi-channel output is on). This raises for me the question, what is the format of the DSD data stream? The AVP manual says, that the AVP can cope with 2/5.1 channel and 2,8224 MHz, 1 Bit.
Well, my conclusion would be incompatible data format of DSD or AVP internal decoding does not work.

Hope it helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26612 of 26619 Old 03-22-2015, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,
at first: I live in Germany AND sorry for my english...

I have the AVP with 3d Upgrade + POA Kombi in premium silver.
Optically and technically in top condition.
Original packaging available yet.

I want to sell the Kombi (i move to a new apartment).

What do you think, is a fair price ?

Thank you for your feedback.

greetings from Munich
spike
post #26613 of 26619 Old 03-22-2015, 09:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had to move and now don't have room for my AVP-A1HDCI & DVD-A1DCI... the AVP has the upgrade and the Audyssey Pro license.... what are they worth?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Glen Carter
Home Theater Calibration
www.ISFHT.com
post #26614 of 26619 Old 03-22-2015, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I'm a long time owner of 2 * POA and the AVP-A1HD.
I'm building a new home-theater, and installing an Atmos speaker setup.
Hence, time to upgrade...

I'm going to keep the 2 * POA amplifiers, but need to buy a new processor to replace the AVP-A1HD.
At the moment, it seems like the Marantz AV8802 is the best contender.
Has anyone researched and found another options for a flagship processor to match to the POA amps that supports Atmos?

Thanks!
post #26615 of 26619 Old 03-22-2015, 11:28 AM
boe
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaharT View Post
Hi,

Has anyone researched and found another options for a flagship processor to match to the POA amps that supports Atmos?

Thanks!
Other than a Denon - I don't think you'll find anything that does anything "extra" to "match" the POA amps as the AVP actually had some features tied to the POA. I have a Denon AVP and a couple of Anthem amps and they work together quite nicely so unless you need that extra db tie in or lights or whatever the AVP and POA had together you'll be great.

I've been researching a lot of prepros and it is just my opinion that so far there isn't anything I'd upgrade to yet. My guess is when the HDMI 2.0 chips become more readily available we might find a worthy upgrade but that probably won't even begin until the end of this year. I'd love to upgrade but until all the REC, HDR, HDMI 2.0, 60fps, 4k 60hz, Atmos, DTS-X dust settles, I'd wait unless you happen to be Bill Gates and have money to burn. My hope is we'd see some prototypes at CES but it looks like CES next year might have some candidates.
post #26616 of 26619 Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike01 View Post
Hi,
at first: I live in Germany AND sorry for my english...

I have the AVP with 3d Upgrade + POA Kombi in premium silver.
Optically and technically in top condition.
Original packaging available yet.

I want to sell the Kombi (i move to a new apartment).

What do you think, is a fair price ?

Thank you for your feedback.

greetings from Munich
spike
Hi spike,

I am also from Germany and there are currently a lot of AVPs at Ebay. They are offered around 4500 €. POA, I only saw a Cinemike one for over 8000.

If they are sold for this price, you can check yourself. Hope it helps.

Cheers

Markus
post #26617 of 26619 Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
Other than a Denon - I don't think you'll find anything that does anything "extra" to "match" the POA amps as the AVP actually had some features tied to the POA. I have a Denon AVP and a couple of Anthem amps and they work together quite nicely so unless you need that extra db tie in or lights or whatever the AVP and POA had together you'll be great.

I've been researching a lot of prepros and it is just my opinion that so far there isn't anything I'd upgrade to yet. My guess is when the HDMI 2.0 chips become more readily available we might find a worthy upgrade but that probably won't even begin until the end of this year. I'd love to upgrade but until all the REC, HDR, HDMI 2.0, 60fps, 4k 60hz, Atmos, DTS-X dust settles, I'd wait unless you happen to be Bill Gates and have money to burn. My hope is we'd see some prototypes at CES but it looks like CES next year might have some candidates.
I completely agree with your point of view. However, I think I like the Altitude 32. But I am monitoring how they are developing and especially that they keep their promise about updates.

I will be also waiting and like my AVP still a lot.
post #26618 of 26619 Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM
boe
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganymed4 View Post
I completely agree with your point of view. However, I think I like the Altitude 32. But I am monitoring how they are developing and especially that they keep their promise about updates.

I will be also waiting and like my AVP still a lot.
I looked at that a while back but forgot what concerned me - isn't that about $15,000? If so it would be a tad out of my price range - by about $10,000
post #26619 of 26619 Unread Today, 03:52 AM
Advanced Member

Hi boe,

Yes, the Altitude32 is clearly more expensive. I am also not sure, whether this will be a good investment or not. Currently I am far away from buying. First, I want to hear this unit and it is not easy to find and there are many open questions for me.

Can you replace/upgrade specific hardware e.g. HDMI boards? What are the limits of the software upgrades? etc.

If I would buy such a unit for a lot of money, it has to last at least some years. Or I go the 'hire and fire' way with much lower priced pre/pros. I will wait and watch how things will develop. Also, I need to listen to atmos, dts:x and auro 3D, if this is worth the upgrade. There are so many open issues and questions - as you already wrote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avp A1hdci Ultra Reference A V Network Streaming Preamplifier , Denon , Component Preamplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page