Official Denon AVP-A1HD/AVP-A1HDCI and POA-A1HD/POA-A1HDCI owners thread. - Page 889 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 57Likes
post #26641 of 26649 Unread Yesterday, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Firmware Update - Connection Failed

I recently have been unable to check for firmware updates on the AVP. When I attempt to check for an update, the system responds "connection failed". Have others experienced this?

My internet connection seems fine otherwise (Network info shows an IP address, I am able to stream music through internet radio).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26642 of 26649 Unread Yesterday, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Res View Post
I recently have been unable to check for firmware updates on the AVP. When I attempt to check for an update, the system responds "connection failed". Have others experienced this?

My internet connection seems fine otherwise (Network info shows an IP address, I am able to stream music through internet radio).
I had this problem a few months ago when I did a check. It worked OK if I just asked for an update.

You might also want to turn the little button off and then back on again to reset the connection. Wait about 5 minutes after turning it back on before you ask for the update.

Chris
post #26643 of 26649 Unread Yesterday, 06:59 PM

Quote:

There was a period of several days where the server was apparently not available. It seems to be back. I don't think it was a user-end problem.
post #26644 of 26649 Unread Yesterday, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVMN View Post
There was a period of several days where the server was apparently not available. It seems to be back. I don't think it was a user-end problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesculus View Post
I had this problem a few months ago when I did a check. It worked OK if I just asked for an update.

You might also want to turn the little button off and then back on again to reset the connection. Wait about 5 minutes after turning it back on before you ask for the update.

I did try turning off the little button, and waited about 10 minutes, ... but this did not help.
I just tried asking for the update by selected start, but it again responded with "connection failed".
Thanks for the replies. Based on these two replies, it appears quite possible that the problem is at Denon's end, and not a malfunction of my unit. Are there any others that cannot access the update feature at this point?
post #26645 of 26649 Unread Yesterday, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Did you check if your Ethernet cable is not in the Denon link port?

Quote:
I did try turning off the little button, and waited about 10 minutes, ... but this did not help.
I just tried asking for the update by selected start, but it again responded with "connection failed".
Thanks for the replies. Based on these two replies, it appears quite possible that the problem is at Denon's end, and not a malfunction of my unit. Are there any others that cannot access the update feature at this point?
alebonau likes this.
post #26646 of 26649 Unread Today, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by denon a1xva View Post
Did you check if your Ethernet cable is not in the Denon link port?
if I recall, I have done this...

but he does say shows and IP address and is streaming, so must be connected to the network.

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Welcome to my lounge room :)
post #26647 of 26649 Unread Today, 10:03 AM

Try to reset the processor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
if I recall, I have done this...

but he does say shows and IP address and is streaming, so must be connected to the network.
post #26648 of 26649 Unread Today, 08:55 PM

Smile Update difficulty resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesculus View Post

Problem solved
I turned the little button off and waited a full day before turning back on. This time the unit now properly connects to the update and reports that the version is the latest. Thanks to all!
post #26649 of 26649 Unread Today, 10:38 PM

Nice work!

Quote:
Problem solved
I turned the little button off and waited a full day before turning back on. This time the unit now properly connects to the update and reports that the version is the latest. Thanks to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avp A1hdci Ultra Reference A V Network Streaming Preamplifier , Denon , Component Preamplifiers