Official Denon AVP-A1HD/AVP-A1HDCI and POA-A1HD/POA-A1HDCI owners thread. - Page 897 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 89Likes

post #26881 of 26887 Old 01-17-2017, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please sign this Petition to try and get Denon to Update the AVPA1HD. Please share, tweet, make sticky, Facebook etc. I would love to see this gain some traction so that i can present it to denon and hopefully they will see the benefit in updating if only for customer service reasons.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...ftware-updates

Thanks
Mark

AVP-A1HD Owners Wiki http://avppoaowners.wetpaint.com/
Please feel welcome to contribute :-)

Last edited by perrin21; 01-17-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26882 of 26887 Old 01-17-2017, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Anyone interested in a AVP-A1HDCI (with the full 3D Upgrade)? Works perfectly and will be putting up to sell for around $1000 USD (plus shipping) in the next few weeks. PM if interested. Thanks. SJ
post #26883 of 26887 Old 01-17-2017, 11:56 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Liked: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by perrin21 View Post
Please sign this Petition to try and get Denon to Update the AVPA1HD. Please share, tweet, make sticky, Facebook etc. I would love to see this gain some traction so that i can present it to denon and hopefully they will see the benefit in updating if only for customer service reasons.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...ftware-updates
As much as I'd like to see more updates to the AVP-A1HD, I don't think it's realistic for us to expect this type of support from a mass market company like Denon. I was actually surprised that we got the 3D / XT32 update as Denon really didn't owe that to us (even though we had to pay for it). Is any mass market company providing support for AVR's and pre-pros from 2008 at this point? The companies that offer the level of support you're expecting are going to be the smaller companies like Anthem and Theta, but both typically involve relatively expensive hardware updates every few years or so to stay reasonably current. I got a heck of a deal on mine by purchasing a customer return / open box unit, but even if I had paid full MSRP I would have felt as though I got my moneys worth at this point and realize it's time to replace it when I get to the point where it's lacking a feature I want whether it be 4K video pass-through or an audio format that isn't supported.

This isn't to say that I think Denon's customer support is fantastic; it isn't when you compare them to smaller companies like Oppo. But when you compare them to similar companies like Onkyo I suspect their customer support is pretty similar.

post #26884 of 26887 Old 01-17-2017, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If you want 4k passthrough try the CYP device I posted a few threads up. I hope you signed the petition anyway as I would still like to try and get some updates happening. They still have a responsibility to owners. I didn't purchase mine until 2012. If the hardware is capable then the software should be written. It's wasteful to just expect people to buy new at this level when every week there's a new audio codec out.
post #26885 of 26887 Old 01-17-2017, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can not login to Rhapsody Streaming on Device

I can no longer login to my user name, and password for Rhapsody, now Napster streaming. All the user name and passwords transferred so I have no problem with other devices at least logging in.

Does anyone have any suggestions. I do not see why it no longer works.

Thanks
post #26886 of 26887 Old 01-17-2017, 11:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert5545 View Post
I can no longer login to my user name, and password for Rhapsody, now Napster streaming. All the user name and passwords transferred so I have no problem with other devices at least logging in.

Does anyone have any suggestions. I do not see why it no longer works.

Thanks
I have the same issue on my 4311. Nothing works. Pitty. Now have to airplay rhapsody/napster from my phone.
post #26887 of 26887 Old 01-18-2017, 09:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post
Anyone interested in a AVP-A1HDCI (with the full 3D Upgrade)? Works perfectly and will be putting up to sell for around $1000 USD (plus shipping) in the next few weeks. PM if interested. Thanks. SJ
Posted for $1500 including shipping this beast.

FS: Denon AVPA1HDCI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avp A1hdci Ultra Reference A V Network Streaming Preamplifier , Denon , Component Preamplifiers