Official Denon AVP-A1HD/AVP-A1HDCI and POA-A1HD/POA-A1HDCI owners thread. - Page 898 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 94Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #26911 of 26937 Old 05-07-2017, 04:15 AM
Newbie
 
robercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil - RN - Natal
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Lima View Post
Hey Bradh!

How is the 8802 getting along? Any early conclusions on the multiprocessing performance between the AVP and the Marantz's contender?

I'm seriously thinking about migrating to this preamp in order to get new codecs, HDMI ports and all that new stuff that unfortunately Denon has let us "bare handed"...

Sad news is my HDMI board (for the 2nd time) fried due to some sort of electrical discharge over the Cable decoder through HDMI (even with all surge protections applied) which is why I'm looking for new options (or even replacing the HDMI board once again, but its been a tad difficult to find replacement parts for the AVP)

Has anyone replaced the HDMI board and have a good contact for these *rare* parts?

Cheers!

PS: First post on the forum! Good to be here!

Regards from Brazil!
Hi Gabriel,
I live in Natal-RN and I have a AVP1HD upgraded and with his digital board in bad situation. If you are interested, we can talk about.

Cheers,

Robercy.
robercy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #26912 of 26937 Old 05-07-2017, 07:06 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Recife - PE - Brazil
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by robercy View Post
Hi Gabriel,
I live in Natal-RN and I have a AVP1HD upgraded and with his digital board in bad situation. If you are interested, we can talk about.

Cheers,

Robercy.
Hey Robercy!

Tell me more about what happened to yours...

I'd be interested in the HDMI board just for not losing the video functionalities of it...

Unfortunately i can't send a PM still hehe

cheers
Gabriel Lima is offline  
post #26913 of 26937 Old 05-14-2017, 06:14 AM
Newbie
 
robercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil - RN - Natal
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Gabriel,

My AVP have a problem in Digital board (digital inputs, below HDMI board), seems like a heating problem, because the sound stop after a few minutes playing somethinge, but the video is Ok. I already bought a AVP8802 to replace my AVP, then I´m selling this device.

Cheers,

Robercy.
robercy is offline  
 
post #26914 of 26937 Old 05-14-2017, 07:17 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Recife - PE - Brazil
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by robercy View Post
Hello Gabriel,

My AVP have a problem in Digital board (digital inputs, below HDMI board), seems like a heating problem, because the sound stop after a few minutes playing somethinge, but the video is Ok. I already bought a AVP8802 to replace my AVP, then I´m selling this device.

Cheers,

Robercy.

Is there any way we can't contact further? im not sure if it's allowed here on the forum but here's my WhatsApp - 81 999279404
Gabriel Lima is offline  
post #26915 of 26937 Old 05-16-2017, 12:42 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Recife - PE - Brazil
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by robercy View Post
Hello Gabriel,

My AVP have a problem in Digital board (digital inputs, below HDMI board), seems like a heating problem, because the sound stop after a few minutes playing somethinge, but the video is Ok. I already bought a AVP8802 to replace my AVP, then I´m selling this device.

Cheers,

Robercy.
jg.lima23@gmail.com here´s my e-mail as well. When you get the time, please contact me ASAP so we can discuss about the AVPA1HDCI

Cheers
Gabriel Lima is offline  
post #26916 of 26937 Old 05-16-2017, 03:40 PM
Newbie
 
robercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil - RN - Natal
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Lima View Post
jg.lima23@gmail.com here´s my e-mail as well. When you get the time, please contact me ASAP so we can discuss about the AVPA1HDCI

Cheers
Hello Gabriel,

I´ll phone you at night.

Cheers
robercy is offline  
post #26917 of 26937 Old 06-20-2017, 06:00 PM
Member
 
deputy sheriff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
deputy sheriff

My AVP just crapped out in the audio section, I took it in to the service center for Denon and was told that the audio board was hit by lightning and fried with low voltage electric even though I had a whole house surge protector on it, using hospital outlets, and a Monster Power Center HTS 5000, I was told that there are no longer parts for the AVP and it is unrepairable even though every thing else works, and the HDMI video was replaced a couple of years ago. I am going to try to claim it on my homeowners policy since Monster Power will only warranty it for 5 yrs.
deputy sheriff is offline  
post #26918 of 26937 Old 06-20-2017, 06:51 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 9,303
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1262 Post(s)
Liked: 1327
Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy sheriff View Post
My AVP just crapped out in the audio section, I took it in to the service center for Denon and was told that the audio board was hit by lightning and fried with low voltage electric even though I had a whole house surge protector on it, using hospital outlets, and a Monster Power Center HTS 5000, I was told that there are no longer parts for the AVP and it is unrepairable even though every thing else works, and the HDMI video was replaced a couple of years ago. I am going to try to claim it on my homeowners policy since Monster Power will only warranty it for 5 yrs.
Unless you can get something close to the original MSRP for the AVP, you may be better off just cutting your losses and moving on rather than filing a claim. I would think that your homeowners policy has a deductible, the actual value of the AVP at this point is pretty low, and filing a claim is likely to result in a surcharge on your policy for some number of years (yeah, the insurance companies don't like to ACTUALLY pay people money... ).

That said, sorry to hear your AVP died.

Last edited by gsr; 06-20-2017 at 08:15 PM.
gsr is online now  
post #26919 of 26937 Old 06-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Senior Member
 
robert5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Unless you can get something close to the original MSRP for the AVP, you may be better off just cutting your losses and moving on rather than filing a claim. I would think that your homeowners policy has a deductible, the actual value of the AVP at this point is pretty low, and filing a claim is likely to result in a surcharge on your policy for some number of years (yeah, the insurance companies don't like to ACTUALLY pay people money... ).
If I were you I would never buy another Denon Product. On this high end stuff they screwed and abandoned their customers. Many customers paid a lot of money for the A1-HDCI with false hopes. Denon could care less. Cut your loses and cut Denon. Today they are a supplier of low quality products. I have been screwed by them for a high end blu-ray as well as other high end equipment.

I own one of these A1 HDCI's and wonder when my day will come. I am not sure what I would replace it with.

Good bye, Denon, cut your loses.
robert5545 is offline  
post #26920 of 26937 Old 06-20-2017, 07:25 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 9,303
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1262 Post(s)
Liked: 1327
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert5545 View Post
If I were you I would never buy another Denon Product. On this high end stuff they screwed and abandoned their customers. Many customers paid a lot of money for the A1-HDCI with false hopes. Denon could care less. Cut your loses and cut Denon. Today they are a supplier of low quality products. I have been screwed by them for a high end blu-ray as well as other high end equipment.

I own one of these A1 HDCI's and wonder when my day will come. I am not sure what I would replace it with.

Good bye, Denon, cut your loses.
Well, you aren't me... I have absolutely no complaints with my AVP-A1HDCI and though I would be sad to see it go, I'd have no issues with Denon if it died tomorrow and I had to toss it and replace it with something else. What they might sell today doesn't take away the fact that the AVP-A1HDCI has been one of the best A/V purchases I've ever made. As things stand right now, my next pre-pro won't be a Denon primarily because Denon doesn't currently sell one.

But what false hopes are you talking about? It obviously doesn't do 4K, but they never said that it would...
gsr is online now  
post #26921 of 26937 Old 06-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Senior Member
 
drmanny3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy sheriff View Post
My AVP just crapped out in the audio section, I took it in to the service center for Denon and was told that the audio board was hit by lightning and fried with low voltage electric even though I had a whole house surge protector on it, using hospital outlets, and a Monster Power Center HTS 5000, I was told that there are no longer parts for the AVP and it is unrepairable even though every thing else works, and the HDMI video was replaced a couple of years ago. I am going to try to claim it on my homeowners policy since Monster Power will only warranty it for 5 yrs.
I am curious as to why or how all the protections you had setup in the end failed you. That is kind of disheartening to hear. And if I understood you the items that should have protected you are no longer in warranty. Wow what a way to go. Very sorry to hear about your loss.
Manny
drmanny3 is offline  
post #26922 of 26937 Old 06-20-2017, 08:24 PM
boe
AVS Forum Special Member
 
boe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,903
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmanny3 View Post
I am curious as to why or how all the protections you had setup in the end failed you. That is kind of disheartening to hear. And if I understood you the items that should have protected you are no longer in warranty. Wow what a way to go. Very sorry to hear about your loss.
Manny
I doubt the protections were what failed him. While I love my AVP - I had the same issue as many not long after the upgrade. I think there was a defective batch of the upgrade boards that somehow cause the issue. My volume issue occurred vary shortly after the upgrade. While defects occur I really think this is something denon should have prepared for so they didn't leave so many customers high and dry.
boe is offline  
post #26923 of 26937 Old 06-20-2017, 09:53 PM
Senior Member
 
robert5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Well, you aren't me... I have absolutely no complaints with my AVP-A1HDCI and though I would be sad to see it go, I'd have no issues with Denon if it died tomorrow and I had to toss it and replace it with something else. What they might sell today doesn't take away the fact that the AVP-A1HDCI has been one of the best A/V purchases I've ever made. As things stand right now, my next pre-pro won't be a Denon primarily because Denon doesn't currently sell one.

But what false hopes are you talking about? It obviously doesn't do 4K, but they never said that it would...
I also think it is a great product and hope my unit last forever.

I am not sure what high end AVP I would replace it with.
Even today I see no high separate that matches up to this unit.
I love the 3 subs connections.

However, for $6k it should be great. My complaint with Denon is after a short period of ownership they discontinued support of the product.

No more upgrades, or updates. My unit still sits with a Rhapsody app turned Napster that is useless.
I used to play Rhapsody all the time through the unit, now no music.
Denon did nothing to enhance the connectivity for the device.


And I had exactly the same experience with their high end $2000 Blu-ray player.

Ending up selling it after two years for $200 hardly used. The unit would not play many of the discs formats, and Blu-ray was slow and unstable.

Looking the current lineup of Denon products I will never buy another Denon.

In my opinion Denon support is terrible.

High end customers are investing in companies by buying expensive products.



Denon does not treat it's high end customers has valuable investors.
robert5545 is offline  
post #26924 of 26937 Old 06-21-2017, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Well, you aren't me... I have absolutely no complaints with my AVP-A1HDCI and though I would be sad to see it go, I'd have no issues with Denon if it died tomorrow and I had to toss it and replace it with something else. What they might sell today doesn't take away the fact that the AVP-A1HDCI has been one of the best A/V purchases I've ever made. As things stand right now, my next pre-pro won't be a Denon primarily because Denon doesn't currently sell one.

But what false hopes are you talking about? It obviously doesn't do 4K, but they never said that it would...
Glad to see some old-timers still enjoying their AVPs. Still have mine and it works great. I keep a lookout for potential replacements for when the day comes and the two that interest me most are the Marantz 8802 and Krell Foundation.
gimp is offline  
post #26925 of 26937 Old 06-21-2017, 08:39 AM
Member
 
deputy sheriff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmanny3 View Post
I am curious as to why or how all the protections you had setup in the end failed you. That is kind of disheartening to hear. And if I understood you the items that should have protected you are no longer in warranty. Wow what a way to go. Very sorry to hear about your loss.
Manny
I also do not understand, but according to the engineer it was in the low voltage area, not enough to trip or blow anything else I guess. I am going to check on the homeowners insurance now since I have replacement cost and see what they offer.
deputy sheriff is offline  
post #26926 of 26937 Old 07-11-2017, 09:12 PM
Member
 
deputy sheriff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by robercy View Post
Hi Gabriel,
I live in Natal-RN and I have a AVP1HD upgraded and with his digital board in bad situation. If you are interested, we can talk about.

Cheers,

Robercy.
My avp is running fine and I had the upgrade however my audio board crapped out, I am waiting on the homeowners insurance to get back to me but is the avp worth anything with a bad audio board, it would be a good parts processor since the only problem is the audio according to the Denon service center I took it to.
deputy sheriff is offline  
post #26927 of 26937 Old 07-12-2017, 07:44 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 9,303
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1262 Post(s)
Liked: 1327
Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy sheriff View Post
My avp is running fine and I had the upgrade however my audio board crapped out, I am waiting on the homeowners insurance to get back to me but is the avp worth anything with a bad audio board, it would be a good parts processor since the only problem is the audio according to the Denon service center I took it to.
They aren't worth much in perfect working order at this point, so probably just a few hundred $$$ in non-working order. It could make sense to pull the other good boards out and sell those parts on eBay. They would definitely be easier to ship.
gsr is online now  
post #26928 of 26937 Old 07-12-2017, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SJHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Yeah, I have an upgraded unit for sale that frankly is in perfect condition as it was used in our theater and therefore less hours. Was asking $1500 with no luck. SJ
SJHT is online now  
post #26929 of 26937 Old 07-12-2017, 08:34 AM
boe
AVS Forum Special Member
 
boe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,903
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked: 436
I sold my non working unit (almost no volume on center) to someone who then shipped it to Denon. I believe he said Denon charged him $500 for repairs. I'm guessing it had the same issue so many of us had after the upgrade.
boe is offline  
post #26930 of 26937 Old 07-17-2017, 12:34 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Goodmorning everyone,
I would like to share my AVP-A1HD / POA-A1HD user experience from just a few months.
I come from the old AVC-A1XV who did his job until a few months ago.
For a few years my primary source is the PC, with whom I mostly listen to classical music. Wanting to handle audio over HDMI, I bought a Marantz AV8802A using the AVC-A1XV as 10 ch power stage.
Thanks to the PC, Equalizer APO and REW I have been able to make the DRC of my environment for the 5 speakers and the 4 subwoofers to listen to multichannel music especially in DTS HD MA.
After a few months I got the chance to buy the AVP / POA couple I have now. As the AVP was dead I started putting the POA in place of the XV using the balanced connection from the preamp.
From the point of view of stereo sound quality over SPDIF the Marantz was pretty disappointing with the XV, but I was finally able to enjoy multichannel HD music.
Once repaired the AVP, I put it in place of the Marantz: the AVP blew it away! I sold the Marantz without any regret. OK, I do not have the 4K. But all classical music BD are in 1080p, and AVP is OK.
If I'll need to get the 4k video, just an HDMI splitter similar to OPPO 205 could allow to continue enjoying the best balanced audio playback system I've heard in my Home Theater.
Cheers fro Torino, Italy.
buoncri47@gmail.com is offline  
post #26931 of 26937 Old 07-17-2017, 04:50 AM
Senior Member
 
ImaStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Oz in Michigan
Posts: 258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Good post... Always interesting to hear comparisons with this venerable unit. I just wish Denon still supported it as well as its mating components A1UD, and BDP-4010. Sure there were some quirks with the corresponding pieces i.e., video board failure, center channel dropout, laser lens failure, and slow loading times... But their high performance holds up favorably to what's offered in today's market (Unless you look to stratospheric pieces). Shame they didn't address these issues/anomalies. Hope Denon takes another shot at putting out a reference processor and video device of this caliber... Sans quirks of course! ;^)
ImaStar is offline  
post #26932 of 26937 Old 07-17-2017, 08:28 AM
Senior Member
 
arftech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 141
As a past owner of Denon products I would have thought they would never abandon the high-end market. What made them make this strategic move...was it based on demand or the cost of doing business in the high-end segment of the space? I always thought of Denon to be innovative and pushing the high-end market forward.

For those that have functioning Denon AVP-A1HD/AVP-A1HDCI and POA-A1HD/POA-A1HDCI products may you continue to have an enjoyable experience with them because they were defining products for us lovers of high-end audio/video equipment.

Oppo UDP-203, Anthem AVM50V 3D Pre-Pro, Krell KAV-500 3 Channel Amp, Adcom GFA-535 2 Channel Amp, Cary Audio 306/200 CD Player, Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC, Sony PHA-3 Headphone DAC/Amp, Hifiman HE-500 Headphones, Audeze EL-8 Headphones, Westone W50 in ear monitors, Apple PowerBeats 3, MacBook Pro-Tidal HiFi/Roon, Apple iPad Pro/Roon, Sony XBR65X930C, Sonus faber Luito Towers, Sonus faber Luito Monitors, Sonus faber Smart Center Channel, REL T2 sub, Sony SWF-BR100W Wireless Subwoofer for 930C
arftech is offline  
post #26933 of 26937 Old 07-17-2017, 05:54 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 9,303
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1262 Post(s)
Liked: 1327
Quote:
Originally Posted by arftech View Post
As a past owner of Denon products I would have thought they would never abandon the high-end market. What made them make this strategic move...was it based on demand or the cost of doing business in the high-end segment of the space? I always thought of Denon to be innovative and pushing the high-end market forward.

For those that have functioning Denon AVP-A1HD/AVP-A1HDCI and POA-A1HD/POA-A1HDCI products may you continue to have an enjoyable experience with them because they were defining products for us lovers of high-end audio/video equipment.
Company mergers and acquisitions are the reason... My understanding is that as things stand today, there's pretty much zero chance of seeing a Denon branded replacement for the AVP-A1HDCI, but there is a (perhaps slim) possibility of seeing a Marantz branded replacement (something above the 8802, it would probably a 9000 series product).
gsr is online now  
post #26934 of 26937 Old 07-19-2017, 09:35 PM
Senior Member
 
ImaStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Oz in Michigan
Posts: 258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Company mergers and acquisitions are the reason... My understanding is that as things stand today, there's pretty much zero chance of seeing a Denon branded replacement for the AVP-A1HDCI, but there is a (perhaps slim) possibility of seeing a Marantz branded replacement (something above the 8802, it would probably a 9000 series product).
It's because of this reason I'm holding on with clinched fist to my modded AVP-A1HDCI and A1UDCI combo. I've long been a Denon consumer since the AVR-5600, 5700, 4802, 5803, etc... days. Not so much a fanboy but valued the solid performance and cutting edge feature set with the least amount of quirks. I even went with the Marantz AV-8003 that I thoroughly enjoyed but loathed the configurability with the MS DOS menu structure. If Denon is content with their current lineups (albeit not bad, but not along the performance of past products) then let's hope Marantz comes through with something that gives the McIntosh's, Anthems, and other boutique brands a run for the money.

Knowing is not enough you must apply. Willing is not enough you must do. -Bruce Lee

ImaStar is offline  
post #26935 of 26937 Old 07-21-2017, 04:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JonFo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Big Canoe, GA, USA
Posts: 1,410
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy sheriff View Post
I also do not understand, but according to the engineer it was in the low voltage area, not enough to trip or blow anything else I guess. I am going to check on the homeowners insurance now since I have replacement cost and see what they offer.
I'm guessing it was more than the surge that took out the audio board. I have an AVP that was never upgraded, yet the audio board would lose volume on one or two of the surround channels once it heated up. Others had various channels either drop or slowly degrade volume once the unit ran for a while. These are symptoms of heat stressed capacitors on the Audio board.

My unit specifically began showing signs of problems after I left the unit on for >72hrs straight. Normally it ran for <4hrs at a time. It was in a dedicated equipment room with its own 1-ton dedicated AC, and ambient never goes above 70F in that room, and the AVP had 7" air clearance above it, so heat-soak was not an issue. But obviously internal temps rose enough to cook the caps.

Speaking to the tech who serviced mine, only the Denon authorized repair place (United Radio?) in NJ can do board-level repairs, so might as well ship direct to them if planning a fix.

As for me, I have a spare audio board I purchased as NOS on ebay, my tech tried swapping that in and no go, but I suspect the tech lacked the tools (or made a mistake in sequence) to load the microcode for the board, which was virgin. Anyone interested in that board, please PM me.

I'll be parting out the rest of the AVP unless I get a decent local (Atlanta) offer.

No regrets on this purchase, I got 7+ years of enjoyment out of it. Happily enjoying a Marantz AV8802A now and saving until I can get a Trinnov Altitude.

Jonathan

My System
JonFo is offline  
post #26936 of 26937 Old 07-28-2017, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Krobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,979
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
This months Home Cinema Choice in the UK mentioned in an interview with D&M UK boss that an 11 channel Marantz and 13 Channel Denon Pre-Power combo was being developed. Anyone know any more?
alebonau, deckarep and grassy like this.
Krobar is offline  
post #26937 of 26937 Old 07-29-2017, 05:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,081
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1440 Post(s)
Liked: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krobar View Post
This months Home Cinema Choice in the UK mentioned in an interview with D&M UK boss that an 11 channel Marantz and 13 Channel Denon Pre-Power combo was being developed. Anyone know any more?
wel that 10 year anniversary for another A line should be coming around will be the 4th ? in the series long live the king
grassy likes this.

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avp A1hdci Ultra Reference A V Network Streaming Preamplifier , Denon , Component Preamplifiers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off