Best receiver for Focal 700V speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-25-2008, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I did a lot of searching, but couldn't find anything specific to the 700V series. I bought a complete 7.1 setup in the Focal 700v line, 716v's for mains, CC700 center, sr700's mid-surround, 705v's for rear surrounds and the 700 sub. In the store I heard the 716's powered by a Cambridge 540 and really liked the sound. I was planning on getting the Cambridge 640 receiver, but later found that it doesn't support the codecs I want.

What I want is a level 6 receiver. I have been looking at the Denon 3808CI and the Yamaha 3800, but don't have the ability to audition these speakers using either of these receivers.

Does anyone have any recommendations that will pair as well as the Cambridge with the Focal 700v Series, or any experience with the above Denon or Yamaha receivers powering the Focal speakers? I'd also like to stay at or below $1300 or so.

Thanks for any help, Tim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-26-2008, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have heard some info on the Integra 7.8. I am leaning towards this one at this point. I read the official 7.8 thread, but does anyone have any experiences with how this compares? Thanks
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page