Firmware/Update Requests For Onkyo/Integra-Please Read - Page 185 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-13-2011, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was able to get 1.04 and 1.05 for the 876/906/9.9 receivers so please disregard my request for the files.

Thanks again,

Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 02:31 PM

Looking for a little help here. I have TX-SR805 ; was able to get the firmware updated to 1.08 and DSP updated to the version included in the ISO; but not able to update the HDMI firmware. During the version check just shows up as blank. When i try to update it ; gets stuck at transfer start. Have tried updating to 1.0.1 and 1.02 HDMI firmware updates contained in the ISO.

Thought if someone might have old 1.04 / 1.05 main update ; can try downloading those and give it another shot.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 AM

Does anyone know if there is a firmware update that can take the HDMI connections from 1.3 to 1.4? Is that even possible? I just bought a new Panny p58vt25 but I cant do 3d processing though it do to the HDMI issue.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

nope. The HDMI hardware in the pre 1.4a Onks cannot handle the higher bandwidth.

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
Old 02-01-2011, 07:28 AM

Ok thanks Jim. I figured it would be more of a hardware issue rather then a firmware one. Thanks again
Old 02-15-2011, 11:04 AM

I've been going through this thread and believe I have the correct files to update my 705. The question I have is around obtaining the required dongle for the 705. Many pages back I see there was a dongle exchange in place. Anyone know if that is still happening? If not does anyone have the needed dongle for a successful 705 update for lending?

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbit View Post

I've been going through this thread and believe I have the correct files to update my 705. The question I have is around obtaining the required dongle for the 705. Many pages back I see there was a dongle exchange in place. Anyone know if that is still happening? If not does anyone have the needed dongle for a successful 705 update for lending?

Thanks!

So, just a month ago I posted this (one page back). Contact me if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonvr View Post

Just when I had thought that the 805 dongle "market" had dried up, 2 requests within a day of each other!

Just so others know, I am still around and I am still sending out dongles under the deposit system detailed here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post16806390

I have a total of 3 dongles in my possession to send out to needy Onkyo owners.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:08 AM

Thanks, I'll send you a PM. I think petered out on the thread around page 85 yesterday. :-)
Old 02-19-2011, 05:34 PM

Turns out I've no need for the dongle. My 705 was updatable using only the serial cable. I am all up to date now, according to the information available.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbit View Post

Turns out I've no need for the dongle. My 705 was updatable using only the serial cable. I am all up to date now, according to the information available.

Good deal!

Just had a successful in house upgrade for emilsal on his 805. The dongle upgrade lives on!

Old 04-14-2011, 08:40 PM

I have an Onkyo 805 and just realized tonight that I have outdated firmware versions.

I currently have:

Main: 1.06/07925A

DSP1st: SR8051 07601A
DSP2nd: SR8052 07518A
DSP3rd: SR8053 07820B

HDMI: 1.01/07706A
Video: 3.62/07717A

MAIN UPDATE MODE: Ver. 1.01/07615L

I understand the main update would be going to the 1.08 version. I'd like to go about this in a simplistic manor. Does anyone have the download? If not, I plan to call Onkyo for the download as I cannot find anywhere online.

Can anyone give detailed steps to complete this update without reading through 10,000 posts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Advanced Member

Go to the very first post of this thread. You will find a link there for the latest upgrades.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:37 PM

Greetings all!

I'm working my way backwards thru the (currently) 185 pages in this thread to collate the info I need, but while I do that I'd like to detail my 875 issues (just in case I can't find the answers).

I have a US (120v) 875 with firmware v1.07 (I've not checked the HDMI versions/etc, will need to figure out how to do that in the reading . I'm running this unit in Australia via a Step Up/Down convertor + a nice surge protector (but this setup may be operable to my issue).

The primary issue I have with my 875 is about 5-6 times a month, when I switch between video inputs I get a video freeze (audio continues to function). Generally this freeze is vertical lines that are green, pink and black occasionally with a video fragment from the current input. Once this has occurred, no matter which video input I select I get a frozen image.

The only thing that fixes it is to unplug the unit from the wall, give it a good 3-5 minutes and all is well again (letting the capacitors drain?). I've surmised that it is not an overheating issue as if I power the unit off and back on, the black screen with Onkyo in white startup screen shows perfectly, but once it switches to the video feed it's a frozen image again. Sometimes the frozen image changes between video feed changes/power resets, sometimes it doesn't.

My guess is that this is an issue with my current firmware (whether is the FW version/bug or a corrupted install). I have good air flow thanks to external fans placed over the video card (back right quarter) that even keep the unit cool to the touch. I have also turned off the HQV video up-conversion to further cool the unit and still the issue persists.

So... I've finally found the ISO mentioned earlier with the 1.08 firmware (I hope) at:

filecrop.com/27336897/index.html
rapidshare.com/files/258820207/xx5_Onkyo_UpdatesISO.zip

(If the links are dead, Google "xx5_Onkyo_UpdatesISO", that's how I found it)
As well as the HDMI 1.02 file from:

avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=144181&d=1243911539

What I still need is a cable to do the update (just a Serial cable, correct?), I'd like to get the newest HDMI file for the unit (1.03? havent found another link yet). I've got an older laptop with a Serial port that I can get XP on (I'm guessing this is the easiest path?).

Do I have the correct versions for an 875 (I see a lot of mention of 805s rather then 875s)? I'm guessing the update procedure is straight forward? I'm seen the mention of the EEPROM error, how do I best avoid this? Is there anything else I need to know?

The only other issue I have with my 875 is my Logitech Harmony (model 525) doesn't always like to adjust the volume. Generally when I have switched Activities within the last 2-3 minutes, I have to press the Vol+/- keys a bunch of times for it to register a 0.5 Db change (which very annoying!). Then after that timeframe it seems happy to change the audio just fine.

Anyway, thanks again!

Nick
Old 04-30-2011, 10:40 PM

Oh... and is 1.08 the latest (last?) firmware version for the 875?

Nick
Old 05-20-2011, 07:48 AM
ot1

I have the random video freeze problem too, usually when switching inputs from my TV to the PS3 or back. Which is only a audio input from the TV since I am using the TV tuner. But Its another family member pushing the buttons on the remote, so I am unsure of the sequence that causes the problem. Powering down my 905 fixes the freeze, but its highly annoying. The video freeze can be the PS3 desktop or green bars.

I am at HDMI 1.0, main 1.08
Old 05-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ot1 View Post

I have the random video freeze problem too, usually when switching inputs from my TV to the PS3 or back. Which is only a audio input from the TV since I am using the TV tuner. But Its another family member pushing the buttons on the remote, so I am unsure of the sequence that causes the problem. Powering down my 905 fixes the freeze, but its highly annoying. The video freeze can be the PS3 desktop or green bars.

I am at HDMI 1.0, main 1.08

Very intermittently my 886 will freeze the video when changing inputs. Entering and exiting setup will release the freeze without powering down.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Advanced Member

Unfortunately, I need to post an update to the Dongle Deposit system. I recently had a dongle go MIA and the borrower has not responded to messages. As such, I need to increase the deposit amount.

I have a Premier PayPal account which means 2.9% + $0.30 in fees for all incoming transactions. In addition, there is the shipping charge which, via priority mail is $4.80 anywhere in the US. In addition, I can issue refund via PayPal, which will lessen the impact of fees because part of my fee will get refunded.

I propose the following:
  • $50 deposit via PayPal (please do not use "Personal Payment" as it does not let me do a partial refund, instead say it is for "Goods")
  • $4.80 in shipping
  • This causes $1.75 in fees
  • Upon return of the dongle, I will refund $40

In the interest of full disclosure, this leave me with $4.61 for my efforts of sending it out and keeping track of the PayPal. The person receiving the dongle is responsible for shipping it back. Priority mail boxes are free from the Post Office. Just have to pay for shipping (it's a little cheaper online than in the Post Office).

Old 12-31-2011, 01:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonvr View Post

Unfortunately, I need to post an update to the Dongle Deposit system. I recently had a dongle go MIA and the borrower has not responded to messages. As such, I need to increase the deposit amount.

I have a Premier PayPal account which means 2.9% + $0.30 in fees for all incoming transactions. In addition, there is the shipping charge which, via priority mail is $4.80 anywhere in the US. In addition, I can issue refund via PayPal, which will lessen the impact of fees because part of my fee will get refunded.

I propose the following:
  • $50 deposit via PayPal (please do not use "Personal Payment" as it does not let me do a partial refund, instead say it is for "Goods")
  • $4.80 in shipping
  • This causes $1.75 in fees
  • Upon return of the dongle, I will refund $40

In the interest of full disclosure, this leave me with $4.61 for my efforts of sending it out and keeping track of the PayPal. The person receiving the dongle is responsible for shipping it back. Priority mail boxes are free from the Post Office. Just have to pay for shipping (it's a little cheaper online than in the Post Office).

Jason
IMHO, you should be getting a minimum of $10 each time you lend the dongle.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Immaculate Grand Phoobah

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordo View Post

jason
imho, you should be getting a minimum of $10 each time you lend the dongle.

+∞

Rem facias, rem
si possis, recte, si non, quocumque modo, rem.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:57 PM

Dear all

Im Verry happy with my 805.
But a few pages back i read that it wass possible to do full3d passtrough with an 805.

Its not working.
I have an ps3 connected with a hdmi high speed cable to te onkyo and then to my tv.

What do i need to make killzone 3d work ?

When i switch the lever from to 3d in game the receiver looses hdmi light and the screen goes black from the tv.

When i connect te tv directly t works. Anny suggestions.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiKoiN View Post

Dear all

Im Verry happy with my 805.
But a few pages back i read that it wass possible to do full3d passtrough with an 805.

Its not working.
I have an ps3 connected with a hdmi high speed cable to te onkyo and then to my tv.

What do i need to make killzone 3d work ?

When i switch the lever from to 3d in game the receiver looses hdmi light and the screen goes black from the tv.

When i connect te tv directly t works. Anny suggestions.

One option would be to get a matrix switcher/splitter from Monoprice. It'll allow you the best of both worlds: (a) to bypass the 805's HDMI repeater for video while (b) also allowing it to process audio only (including hi-rez audio). If you do go that route, just make sure you get the model that specifies it's HDMI 1.4/3D-capable.

I chose a while back to bypass the 805s HDMI video inputs for the simple reason that, contrary to what many believe, its video pass-thru is not 100% untouched--there is a slight but noticeable degradation in quality. (I found that the larger the screen--mine are 60" and 106"--the more noticeable it becomes vis-a-vis external switching.)

Panasonic PT-AX200U

Da-Lite Model B 106" HCMW
Sony KDS-60A3000

VIP 3D Theater Plus Converter w/ MonsterVision Max 3D Eyewear
Onkyo TX-SR805 (v1.08 w/DSP & HDMI Updates)
Oppo BDP-103
Sony PS3 Slim (v4.50)
Toshiba HD-A35 (v4.0)
Polk Audio RTi8 / CSi5 / FXi3
Boston 595x Subwoofers

My DVD Collection

Old 03-19-2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasicBlak View Post

One option would be to get a matrix switcher/splitter from Monoprice. It'll allow you the best of both worlds: (a) to bypass the 805's HDMI repeater for video while (b) also allowing it to process audio only (including hi-rez audio). If you do go that route, just make sure you get the model that specifies it's HDMI 1.4/3D-capable.

I chose a while back to bypass the 805s HDMI video inputs for the simple reason that, contrary to what many believe, its video pass-thru is not 100% untouched--there is a slight but noticeable degradation in quality. (I found that the larger the screen--mine are 60" and 106"--the more noticeable it becomes vis-a-vis external switching.)

I have bought also a splitter but is not working. Then the only solution would be buy and 616 then or 809 or wait for 818 ?

Damn i hoped that i could cheat it in the firmware some how i love the 805 its a beast on power and on my budget i only cn get the new 800 series but on power its always a downgrade right ?
Old 05-21-2012, 03:05 PM

Liked: 12
I'd like to thank you all for this fantastic forum. Thanks to it I managed to upgrade my TX-SR805, American version bought in 2007 from 1.04/1.00 to 1.08/1.01 (HDMI 1.02). It is assembled in Japan and had Mainupdate=1.00. So I had to build a dongle, based on Alikob findings and Jason suggestion (to use a wire). In fact, I used connectors that resemble needles, but with square form instead of round form, which made them to fit just right together with the metal plates of the connector. With a magnifying glass I made sure that every connector fitted right into the proper metal contact. I also used adhesive tape between connectors (at the outer part) in order to avoid any undue contact. It worked nicely. The troublesome part was to make my com1 port to work. It took me sometime to realize that I had to uninstall MS ActiveSync in order to release the com1 port. Here follows some pictures of the dongle (Thanks Seggers for the files.)
LL
LL
LL
jasonvr and zebraitis like this.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:33 PM

Hey folks.

I might be one of the last folks on this planet that wants to upgrade his 805.

I have had this new since day one, and I have the same complaints: Switching format delay.

(... well, and no Onkyo video overlay [ like vol, etc.] in HDMI, but that is what it is.)

Now, I have to say that this 805 has been a real beast. I live in the US, and this has been down to Brazil with me for a few years, and then back again to the USA. Moved across the USA as well.

Since this does DTS-HD, linked with my 40TB XBMC system, a 65" screen, some Maggies and a nice sub, I see no reason to retire this anytime soon. smile.gif

FYI: Current versions before starting: My Firmware is 1.04 , My loader is 1.00

SO: I've PM'ed Jason for a dongle, and I'm downloading software from Tspeer's signature.

Any other suggestions or tips that will make this easier, I would be glad to hear it.

Send a PM, or reply on this thread.

T H A N K S !!

v.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariomm3m View Post

I'd like to thank you all for this fantastic forum. Thanks to it I managed to upgrade my TX-SR805, American version bought in 2007 from 1.04/1.00 to 1.08/1.01 (HDMI 1.02). It is assembled in Japan and had Mainupdate=1.00. So I had to build a dongle, based on Alikob findings and Jason suggestion (to use a wire). In fact, I used connectors that resemble needles, but with square form instead of round form, which made them to fit just right together with the metal plates of the connector. With a magnifying glass I made sure that every connector fitted right into the proper metal contact. I also used adhesive tape between connectors (at the outer part) in order to avoid any undue contact. It worked nicely. The troublesome part was to make my com1 port to work. It took me sometime to realize that I had to uninstall MS ActiveSync in order to release the com1 port. Here follows some pictures of the dongle (Thanks Seggers for the files.)

Since AVS decided to stop sending me updates for a while, I've been away. But I must say, that is one heck of dongle! Well done

What the heck, there isn't a thumb up emoticon anymore?? mad.gif
zebraitis likes this.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraitis View Post

Hey folks.
I might be one of the last folks on this planet that wants to upgrade his 805...
v.

All,

First, a word of thanks to Jason for providing the use of his 805 Dongle.

I was one of those early adopters that had loader v1.00, so the dongle was an absolute necessity for me to proceed with my upgrade.

AND... considering this is Jason's last dongle, I am glad that I did not procrastinate further. (Hopefully you will get the chance to use it as well.)

Here are some notes from my upgrade for those of you considering doing the same.

(I will say "805" as my Onkyo is an "AV Receiver TX-SR805" (US Model), but this would apply to most XX5's)

BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Figure out what steps you need to take. To do that, figure out which firmware is loaded on your system.

How do I know which firmware I have?

1) Turn on Receiver
2) HOLD down the "Display" button and press "Standby" button once.
3) Release the "Display" button. (this will show your loader verion)
4) Press the <| or |> keys (on front panel below [level] [tone] ) to cycle forward and backward through all the firmware display pages.

You may have to do this a few times to figure out the time-out of the deisplayed info.

OK... Ready to start?

First: Allow a full day. You need to disconnect the 805 from everything, move it to your workspace, and then make sure that you have all the other "stuff" that is required for a complete upgrade. Once done, you need to reconnect everything, reconfigure the settings, and run Audyssey.

In my case, my equipment was not in the same room as the TV / speakers, so I had to take it down from a small 5-foot-high shelf to do the work.

Starting from scratch as most of us do, this is an easy full day, especially if you have to troubleshoot something (like I did).

Second: What "stuff" ?

* You will need 1) a PC with a serial port and 2) a serial cable (ALTERNATE: a USB-to-serial-port adapter) that can do com port 1, 2, 3 or 4.

* You need to have 3) a CD/DVD player that can play an audio CD, that has an optical out.

* you will need to 4) burn an audio CD (NOT a data CD!!!). (According to the tech notes, this Audio CD is to be made NOT using iTunes or MS Media Player. I loaded MediaMonkey specifically for this task.)

* Oh... and the XX5 ISO file with all the instructions and software. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. SEVERAL TIMES.

Third: OK, I gots my stuff... what do I use when? OK, easy...

Updater 1.00 --> 1.01 ( NOTE: You do NOT need to do this, or get a dongle, if your loader is already at 1.01 or above)

* Dongle
* Serial Cable Com Port (Or USB/COM adapter)
* Simplified Dongle Instructions
* XX5 CD

Updater 1.01 --> 1.08

* RS232 Update Instructions
* XX5 CD

DSP Update

* CD/DVD player with Optical out
* DSP Update Instructions
* "MediaMonkey" to burn an Audio CD
* xx5 CD
* Audio CD (you make) with file burned to it:
CD_SR805123_08214A_07518A_07820B.wav

HDMI Update ---> 1.02

* HDMI Update Doc
* xx5 CD

And in no time at all, you are done... realizing how grateful you are for all the work that has been done by others that has allowed you to get to this point.

For most folks, now begins the task of reconfiguring.

Me? I added an additional step to this process... When I removed my 805, I thought that I had damaged an HDMI v1.4 cable (the one from the 805 to the TV)... so I replaced it with a longer cable. No big deal, right?

When I reconnected everything, while DirecTV and my XBMC connected well, my Blu-ray player DID NOT. HDMI HANDSHAKE PROBLEM !!! eek.gif

Of course, I questioned my upgrade... read many source info data on the Blu-ray player and the 805... swapped HDMI ports, redid 805 configuration, swapped cables between the Blu-ray player and the 805... nothing.

When I conected the Blu-ray player directly to the TV, it worked FINE...

(... crap... did I mess up my reciever with the upgrade? Awwwwww.....)

This morning, it finally dawned on me that the Blu-ray player is sending signals, the Onkyo 805 is passing through signal, and the TV should be allowing the signal to return to the Blu-ray player...

B A M !!! Problem SOLVED.

The handshake issue for my Blu-ray player was that the HDMI cables did not match versions. Once I took out that longer cable (of questionable version), and installed another Meritline HDMI v1.4 cable in its place (ensuring that both the cable from the Blu-ray player to the 805, and the cable from the 805 to the TV were identical), then the handshake was perfect.

Other than that self-inflicted wound, the upgrade went flawlessly.

Oh yeah... READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. SEVERAL TIMES.

biggrin.gif

Old 08-03-2012, 04:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Can someone post the latest firmware for the TX-SR876? Thanks!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:18 PM

Does anyone have the latest firmware for the Integra DTR 7.8. I think its file: 805_MainFirmware108.zip

All the links i found online are expired... i also needed the DSP update but i believe i already found that one: DSP_UPG_TX_705_-_905.zip

Thanks!

-Tom-
Old 10-19-2012, 12:48 AM

I'm probably the last guy in America to perform the Main Firmware update on his 805.
Successfully updated everything in less than an hour once I received the Dongle from Jason.

Updating the Main took about 25 minutes to do its thing from 1.00 to 1.08. The instructions are pretty fool-proof.

As for the DSP update, no CD burning was necessary. I just put my 805 into program mode as per the instructions, connected my Mac Pro's optical out to optical 1 on the 805 and played the .wav file back using QuickTime. 805 took it no problem.

HDMI update was also just a matter of connecting my 805 to a PC via serial cable and running a file. Also quite fool-proof.

Thanks again to Jason for providing the loaner Dongle.

It took longer to hook everything back up and reprogram my 805's settings back from factory default than it did to run the updates. Also, It's amazing how much dust you find when taking everything apart.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:52 PM

Hate to bring this back up, but I've started to get some popping on my 705. I've been researching and ended up here...

I have the following:
TX-SR705
Main 1.06 / 08223A
DSPS8051: 08214A
DSPS8052: 07518A
DSPS8053: 07820B
HDMI 1.01 / 07706A
VD: 3.62 / 07717A

Can I get some advise as to what, if anything, I can update in attempts to fix the pop? I have a 1.02 HDMI update, but nothing later than what I have as far as Main or DSP.

Thanks,
CD