Onkyo repair service - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-14-2008, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Recently I had to send my Onkyo 705 receiver in for service (abl electronics in Michigan), they have had the receiver for almost two weeks now and I still don't have my receiver back!

I was wondering what others have experienced with Onkyo repair service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-14-2008, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith1 View Post

Recently I had to send my Onkyo 705 receiver in for service (abl electronics in Michigan), they have had the receiver for almost two weeks now and I still don't have my receiver back!

I was wondering what others have experienced with Onkyo repair service.

I had a receiver that was in service for a couple of months, despite my constant checking up on the status there was no change. Onkyo had to pull the unit from the authorized service center and sent it to the regional service center (sounded a bit like the name you gave). Those guys got the unit back to me with-in a month. The unit was returned with a big dent in the back panel, I choose to blame the first guys...

Depending on the problem things can take some times. Remember they have to be able to either reproduce the problem if it's not a well documented problem and the get Onkyo to come up with a fix and get the parts out, installed, checked adn notify you.

Onkyo pulled the "authorized" status from this first comapny shortly after my problems. Apparently there were others who had the same kinds of problems with those guys.

I'd say your guys are good, and be patient. Like I said before these things can take a few weeks.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page