I have been working with my new Harman Kardon 347 for the past week now, and I have a few questions. First, here is my setup.
mitsubishi 73 in DLP TV
Infinity 1200 series speakers
PS3 Bluray player
1) I was playing Jurassic Park playing in DTS mode, but it seems I could not play the HK in DTS mode. The PS3 status was in DTS, but I could only set the HR in Dolby modes. How do I get my HK to display DTS if the source is playing DTS?
2) when I am watching cable or playing movies on my PS3, I can not access the OSD mode on the TV. It says OSD on on the HK, but the screen is blue. When I turn off my PS3, then i can get the view on the TV in OSD mode. Am I doing something wrong?
3) I was playing Alien vs. Predator 2, and it plays DTS-HD 5.1. Does the HK supports this? Also, when the PS3 plays this movie in DTS-HD 5.1, I can not get my HK to play DTS. It's either no surround sound or Dolby.
4) What are all the differences for the Dolby audio? There is Dolby PL, Dolby PL II, 2 speaker, 3 speaker, 5 speaker, ect. What is the true digital Dolby 5.1 to play and how do I play it?
5) Currently, i have my PS3 and cable going through my HK through HDMI and the HK to the TV. Sometimes it seems that the HK can not read the HDMI signal and I have to turn off the HK and turn it back on to get a signal to the TV. Is this normal?
6) Sometimes, it seems like the bluray movies have either digital rigid edges on words (captions) displayed on the screen or sometimes little small dots in the movie. I believe this is from the HK because I do not recall this connecting my PS3 directly to my TV.
7) And I hardly hear my surround speakers. Sometimes I forget they are there. Is this a setup issue. They do work as I can hear them if I stand close to them.
- Mitsubishi 73" DLP
- Sony PS3
- Onkyo SR705B
- Infinity TSS 1200