The Onkyo TX-SR606 Owners Thread - Page 318 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #9511 of 9512 Old 07-22-2017, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
SO I just inherited one of these today. (without the original remote control, or any remote at all) Along with some off-brand bose-like cube-style speakers by "M&S" (model MNCX). I need some help figuring this thing out, maybe I'm missing something?

So I connected the Front L & R and Center to it, i plugged in my iphone to the "AUX in" on the front of the unit, via a 3.5mm to Dual RCA cable, turned on the unit... switched to "AUX" put up the volume, and... No sound, at all.

Then I tried plugging the HDMI OUT on my PC to the HDMI in of the back of the unit (Game) and plugged the TV into the HDMI OUT of the unit... The TX-SR606 shows up in windows under "Playback devices" BY NAME too... but it switches itself OFF and then ON again continuously, no audio plays from the PC at all, and NO SIGNAL displays from the unit's HDMI OUT to the TV ... is this thing dead or dying? Am I missing something? Should I bother trying to fix it if there's a fix available that I'm not privy to?

I even setup a second monitor to make sure my PC was working, I duplicated the displays on 2 of the outputs from my Graphics card, the one directly to the monitor worked, but the HDMI going to the unit's GAME and then out the HDMI OUT to the TV, doesnt display anything or have any sound when I press the "GAME" button on the unit to switch to that input. What am I doing wrong? Or did I inherit a broken or dying receiver?

Sony KDS-60A2000
Optoma GT1080
Bose Lifestyle 25 Series II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9512 of 9512 Old 07-24-2017, 04:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First and foremost it could be the input assignment not being correct - hence why you're not getting any output from the front aux.

Try resetting the unit to factory settings first.

To reset the AV receiver to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down VCR/DVR, press ON/STANDBY. “Clear” will appear on the display and the AV receiver will enter standby mode. Note that resetting the AV receiver will delete your radio presets and custom settings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page