Official Pioneer SC-09TX/SC-LX90 Owner's Thread - Page 181 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #5401 of 5407 Old 08-03-2016, 02:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandictive View Post
Hello,

I remember talking with you folks probably over twoyears ago in regards to what unit I should buy the SC-09tx or theSC-67 well fast-forward possibly over two years and here I amowning both units lol. Sc-67 works great but I am experiencing issueswith the 09 sadly... installed the amp a week ago and had everythingcalibrated boy did it sound good. Played Oblivion that sounded great thenwatched Mad Max again blew me away the power that amp had to drive my speakers.My problem started while I was watching Draft Day and midmovie a popping sound came out of my speakers only once so I ignoredit. Then I was watching Star Wars and went to adjust the volume downagain loud popping noise came out of the speakers keep in mind this is playingat fairly loud levels. The worst movie of them all was Django Jones justwatching the move multiple time that popping sound was coming from thespeakers. I called pioneer and they don't know what the problem might benor do they know anything of the DTS Bomb update talked about on this forum sohere I am writing you as you probably know more then all these peoplecombined. Do you think I have the DTS Bomb issue at all? With thevolume knob causing the speakers to make noise as well makes me wonder if it isa software issue at all? or possibly I have twodifferent issues? I know its the amp for sure as I never experiencedany of this with the 67. If I were to attempt the software up-date arethe files even accessible today? and do I need special hardware toaccomplish this up-date? Just curious on your thoughts?

Also I understand you use he SC-09 in tandemwith a newer amp just for its power. How do you accomplish that?

Thanks in advance!!
Brett
Take a look at the posts on page 167-168 of this thread. The update for the DTS-HD bomb is quite easy to DIY, you just need a CD/DVD-player with coax/opt output. Or you could let the Blu-ray player decode to PCM and avoid the problem altogether. I have upgraded the DSP but later on I still used PCM from the player since DTS-HD 5.1 -> 7.1 processsing in the amp required that THX mode was used which I would like to avoid. Using PCM from the player will lose Atmos/DTS:X but since the amp doesn't have it anyway you don't lose anything.

Yes, it works prefectly as a very powerful power amp, see the link in my post above. Pre-out for left, right and center from my new AVR is routed to Multi-channel-in on the Susano. I set the volume at 0dB and Pure Direct to Analog Direct. I also disable all other speakers except the front ones in the Susano set-up.
Also, since it has a bi-amp option you could bi-amp the front channels if your speakers allow it.

Last edited by Dragnet; 08-04-2016 at 02:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5402 of 5407 Old 08-03-2016, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When I click on the intended link for the firm-ware updates it gives me a error saying the page no longer exists??? Any chance it was removed or moved?

Regards
post #5403 of 5407 Old 08-04-2016, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Hagen View Post
When I click on the intended link for the firm-ware updates it gives me a error saying the page no longer exists??? Any chance it was removed or moved?

Regards
Yes, it's been a while. But a copy can be accessed here:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ame5cABFpepUg8lCRTVqCaUBHVXdbQ

As said, the DSP fix is the easy one to apply and the only one needed to fix the DTS-HD Bomb.
post #5404 of 5407 Old 08-06-2016, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Dear members

I just lately got a sc09 so I have a couple questions,

In the confidential panel of the sc09 there is a clock, is that the total hours the amp has been used ? The reason i'm asking is when I took the amp in for repair they gave me a total different usage hours to what's on page 3

please could someone let me know if I have the latest firm ware!!!! so I know the service center done there job

Many thanks in advances
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1587705  

Last edited by essexboy; 08-06-2016 at 12:17 PM.
post #5405 of 5407 Old 08-07-2016, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
Dear members

I just lately got a sc09 so I have a couple questions,

In the confidential panel of the sc09 there is a clock, is that the total hours the amp has been used ? The reason i'm asking is when I took the amp in for repair they gave me a total different usage hours to what's on page 3

please could someone let me know if I have the latest firm ware!!!! so I know the service center done there job

Many thanks in advances
No, that's not the latest firmware. Check the files in my post above for the latest version (known to me !-)
post #5406 of 5407 Old 08-07-2016, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnet View Post
No, that's not the latest firmware. Check the files in my post above for the latest version (known to me !-)

do u happen to know which firmware I have? and I don't see the update version u have online do u happened to know? as I maybe taking it back to the service center and I need all the info before hand many thanks
post #5407 of 5407 Old 08-07-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
do u happen to know which firmware I have? and I don't see the update version u have online do u happened to know? as I maybe taking it back to the service center and I need all the info before hand many thanks
You will have to check the service menu for that. See earlier posts in this thread (around #168) , it's been a while so I don't recall exactly how to get there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page