Good receiver/speakers to use with PS3 and new TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-08-2008, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just bought a new 50 inch 1080P TV....and now I'm wondering what to do about a sound setup.

I'm a complete novice with all this stuff and initially was looking at a HTIB setup with some wireless rears....but from reading AVS a bit, doesn't seem like those are a great choice. And they all come with DVD players which I realyl don't need.

I really don't need wireless rears....just thought it would be alot easier than running wires.

So first of all, I'm looking for receiver suggestions. All I'm really looking to run is a PS3 (HDMI), a HD cable box (HDMI), and probably our old DVD/VCR combo player (component). Not really sure how all this is supposed to hook up.....do all these things all run to the receiver and then do you just run 1 cable from the receiver to the TV? Or do you do the opposite and run them all to the TV with one cable to the receiver?

Really hoping to spend around $300-$400 on a receiver....so looknig for some solid examples to check out. One I was thinking about initially is the Onkyo TX-SR605. Seems I could get that off Ebay for around $350 or so. Would that be a decent choice?

Then I have no idea about speakers to look at. Really don't want to spend more than $200-$300 on speakers. I wish I could have wireless rears but not sure that will be feasible.

I'm not looking for an "out of this world" setup. Just want something pretty solid that will hold up for a few years and give me the connections I need and some good surround sound.

This is my first HDTV and will be my first sound setup...so trying to keep it fairly simple.

Would appreciate some recommendations and anything I might need to keep in mind.

THANKS
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page