Denon's 2008-09 Receivers Announced - Page 47 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1381 of 1382 Old 10-08-2008, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just be careful looking at those charts -- they're not always correct.

Just as an example, the Denon comparison lists the 2808 as not having "Pre-amp Outputs for Multi-Zone" and lists the 2809 as having that... but looking at the pictures from the manual, both have the same pre-amp outs for zone 2 and 3.

Another example, the comparison lists the 2808 as having 2 x 2 x 150mA "+12v Trigger Output - Assignable", and lists the 2809 as NOT having that... but the 2809 certainly does have triggers, and both manuals list the exact same "Trigger Out" settings in the menu.

Probably more inconsistencies, but those are the ones I immediately saw. I bring this up because I once purchased a Denon receiver based on those charts, only to find out later that a certain feature I thought I was getting wasn't really true!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1382 Old 10-09-2008, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for pointing this out as I was mostly comapring features on the websites and as you said, they are not always correct thats why I was looking for real users advice.
BTW, now I'm thinking of 3808 because its close to 2809 in price (discounted price in some stores) and has more power and features, plus now free upgrade from DENON for new buyers.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page