AVS Forum banner

Onkyo 606 - Problems

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  s69132i 
#1 ·
I just bought the 606 recently. I like many of the features, but am disappointed in the sound quality while listening to music. Has anyone else noticed this? It actually sounds worse than my previous reciever (a low-grade 10 yr old Sony). Are these Home Theater receivers worse at reproducing music or is it just the one I picked out.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandM /forum/post/13934827

What are you using to listen to music? How is it connected?

FM Stereo through the receiver and CD's through an optical digital cable. It just sounds tinny and seems to lack mids and lows.

I did run the EQ when I first set it up, but I've since changed the settings to try for improvement.

#7 ·
for what its worth, i had the 605 for almost a month and my older 602 sounds way better. i hate to speculate but i think that onkyo's quality has gone downhill considerably in recent years. this is very sad because i have been a long time fan of onkyo but i am going to switch to either yamaha or pioneer. i really like the sound of both of these.

good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.