Pioneer RS232 and/or TCP/IP control? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-26-2008, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
cek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a very sophisticated Crestron/Lutron control system in my house that I do all the programming for. I am a huge fan of Integra recievers because of their really great RS232 control capabilities that allow my system to deeply integrate them.

Their stuff provides rich bi-directional protocols that work really reliably over RS232.

I am about to buy a new Pioneer 6020 Plasma and need a new receiver and blu-ray player to go with it. I'm tempted to try a Pioneer reciever (never had one before) but I know nothing about how good Pioneer's control stuff is.

My Sony VPL-VW100 projector has really great TCP/IP control capability. I would much rather do all control over TCP/IP and get rid of the ancient RS232 stuff as well.
  1. Who has experience integrating Pioneer receivers with Crestron over RS232?
  2. Opinions on how wel documented/supported thier protocols are?
  3. What about TCP/IP control, I see some Pioneer recivers have Ethernet ports. Do they support control over TCP/IP?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-19-2008, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
cek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cek View Post

I have a very sophisticated Crestron/Lutron control system in my house that I do all the programming for. I am a huge fan of Integra recievers because of their really great RS232 control capabilities that allow my system to deeply integrate them.

Their stuff provides rich bi-directional protocols that work really reliably over RS232.

I am about to buy a new Pioneer 6020 Plasma and need a new receiver and blu-ray player to go with it. I'm tempted to try a Pioneer reciever (never had one before) but I know nothing about how good Pioneer's control stuff is.

My Sony VPL-VW100 projector has really great TCP/IP control capability. I would much rather do all control over TCP/IP and get rid of the ancient RS232 stuff as well.
  1. Who has experience integrating Pioneer receivers with Crestron over RS232?
  2. Opinions on how wel documented/supported thier protocols are?
  3. What about TCP/IP control, I see some Pioneer recivers have Ethernet ports. Do they support control over TCP/IP?

Thanks.

Ping! I'm really suprised no-one has any experience with this. My 6020 is being hung right now and I really hate the idea of having to use IR with it.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-18-2008, 07:14 AM

Hey, I am looking into getting a new Pioneer receiver, either the VSX-01 or 03. I briefly looked at the online manuals and searched through the forums (how I found this thread) and have been unable to find any info about Pioneers serial control support. The function the manual lists for the serial port is to read info from the MCACC process.

Is it possible to use the serial port on these receiver's as a control port in a home theatre setup. If so, does anyone have any experience with its documentation and robustness.

If these receivers do not support serial control, can anyone recommend a receiver in the 01/03 ballpark that includes a well documented serial control protocol.

Thanks,

Chuck
post #4 of 5 Old 11-18-2008, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Here's the RS232 protocols for the
VSX-03
VSX-01
SC-07
SC-05
SC-09

"you're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me"
Questions about the SC-07 or SC-05? start here
post #5 of 5 Old 11-19-2008, 06:40 AM

Thanks, Thats what I was looking for. I could not seem to find it on the Canadian site so thanks again.

Cheers,

Chuck
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page