pulled the trigger on my first ht starter set! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-05-2008, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
my first post, woo woo!

well not so first, as i had another sn while using another broadband service and i don't remember it. go figure. that was two years ago now. at that time i found some good advice on my purchase of the tide me over big screen. thanks guys! now it's 1080p and master sound time.

after some careful and not so careful thought monitarily. i purchased my first home theater sound system.....

onkyo tx-sr805 in silver
4 psb image b25's in maple
psb c60 center

i originaly planned to spend around a grand, but quickly found what that will buy me..... the first step into the addiction.......

so after some research, i purchased the 805. i think it will have everything i'll need to continue my journey into the self induced deafening and blinding world of a/v. i think i made a good choice for the money i had to work with. with a good grasp on the limits and capabilities of this piece (thanks to the 805 thread). it should make me happy for sometime to come.

my speaker choice came after a few trips to the better audiophile stores in my area. after hearing several brands and levels, an a peek into my lint filled pockets. i purchaced the 4 psb b25's and c60 center. with a future purchase of t65 floor standers in my sights to make a good 7.1 system.
my friend gave me a dayton 10in. sub he no longer uses. which should be fine for now. i like free! my habits are 80% movies and 20% music. this system should do me well. my pieces are due in on monday, so after some setup time. i'm sure i'll be picking someone brains for solutions.

again thanks for all the great info compiled here guys. it sure was a big help.

I LIKE IT LOUD!!!

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page