Official Denon AVP and AVP/POA owners systems photo gallery - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 319 Old 06-24-2008, 08:51 PM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by stenvik View Post

I've read an article about sub placement in a room:
http://www.harman.com/wp/pdf/multsubs.pdf
Read through this one

When i had my room manually calibrated the sub were placed tocounter the deadspots and where it benifited the nulls in the room.I used to have mine on either side of the front speakers and after this proper calibration and placement they sound so tight and amazing.

Frank

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 319 Old 06-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

When i had my room manually calibrated the sub were placed tocounter the deadspots and where it benifited the nulls in the room.I used to have mine on either side of the front speakers and after this proper calibration and placement they sound so tight and amazing.

Couldn't see any subs on your pics ?
Atleast two subs made big improvement in my room
post #93 of 319 Old 06-24-2008, 09:04 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenvik View Post

Couldn't see any subs on your pics ?
Atleast two subs made big improvement in my room

I've actually got two subs profile 908 from focal.The benefit for the two I've been told by the calibrator is that everyone can experience the bass your experincing in different seating pos.

Frank

post #94 of 319 Old 06-24-2008, 09:07 PM
CIH USER

If you look at the pics I have one at the centre and the other on the left.That is the second pic which I show the room treamtent on the wall with the speaker.You could see top of the sub slightly.

Frank

post #95 of 319 Old 06-24-2008, 09:08 PM
CIH USER

Forgot to mention both of my sub even they are the same have different setting in phase boost and even low pass.

Frank

post #96 of 319 Old 06-24-2008, 11:10 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by elockett View Post

elockett: AVP is not in yet and my current AV furniture may have to be changed to accomodate new (big) subs. I think I'll have the furniture issue worked out before the AVP arrives (July?) but once it does, I'll definitely share some pics.

Looking forward in seeing your pics also elockett.

Frank

post #97 of 319 Old 06-25-2008, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBergan View Post

Great gear!

Have you a/b'ed with the VP50 Pro versus the Realta? If so, what did you think?

My VP50 is out of the system right now, the AVP seems to be doing just about everything on VQ that I want, and I didn't want the configuration hassles that some in the VP50 threads are going through.

But I do wish Denon opened up a little more of the Realta's configuration options. I'd like to be able to set negative brightness for some inputs, have a little more control over aspect ratio conversions, and of course full color management would be fantastic!

Thanks for sharing your setup!

eric

Have have just A/B the Realta on the 3930 and VP50Pro and the Pro is in my mind the best choice. 3930 i set at 480i/576i on HDMI

PerS
post #98 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Looking forward in seeing your pics also elockett.

+1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #99 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post

This is the current state of my system:

SOURCES
Oppo 970HD
Squeezebox Classic
Yamaha PF1000 turntable with Sure V15VxMR
Yes, that is a Toshiba VCR, what can I say?

ELECTRONICS
Denon AVP-A1HDCI
Simaudio Moon Titan (front three)
Simaudio Celeste 4150SE (rears)

SPEAKERS
Fronts: Bohlender-Graebener (BG) Radia 520DX
Center: BG Radia 220DX
Rears: BG Radia 420DX
Sub: ACI TitanII (my own cabinet)

WIRES
DH Labs BL1
Nordost Blue Heaven
LAT International
Blue Jeans Cable (Star Quad Balanced plus FO)
Blue Circle BC83

DISPLAY
Tricked out and ISFed Toshiba 65H80.

Things are in transition. I have a DVD-2930CI in the shop for SD/HiRes Audio (via DLIII). There are parts for one more Titan sub, plus the guts of my old Velodyne F1500 (needs box and refoaming). There will also be a new display, if I can decide between PRO-151FD, 65PZ850U, and HL67A750.

Very sweet setup! Very cool looking (and I'm sure sounding) speakers also. What kind of drivers do they use?

Thank you for sharing!

post #100 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Too awesome everyone! Thank you guys for all your contributions thus far, all your systems on here are truly amazing! Let's keep 'em coming!

Seth

post #101 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orologio View Post

Well, because this is supposed to be fun too, I am following the trend. So here I attached a couple of informal images of my set up in my cluttered New York's living room.

Love your setup! I really dig all the really cool art. Looks like a very cozy place to kick back and enjoy the AVP through those gorgeous speakers. Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadmanDigital4U View Post

Very nice setups guys!!

Here is my equipment:

Denon AVR-5308CI, Denon DVD-2500BTCI,

Earthquake Sound Cinenova 7 Grande,

(2) JL Audio Gothams, Mitsubishi WD-73833 HDTV, PS3 80 GB,

Directv HR-21 HD DVR, Oppo Dv-980H, Xbox 360 Elite

Klipsch speakers: (6) RF-83 mains (FR, FL, Side Surround "A" right and left, Surround Back right and left), (2) RS-62 (Side Surround "B" right and left), (1) Rc-64 (Center)

Sweet setup you've got there. And two Gotham subs! WOW!!

Seth

post #102 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaharT View Post

The house was still a mess when we took the pics, the xbox360/ps3/wii on the same shelf etc. Center speaker still not in final place. Looks better now, I should take update pictures when I get the time.

Wow! what a nice setup! the AVP and 2 POA's! I am SO jealous! Definitely drool worthy! And that modular AV rack is freakin' awesome! Who is it made by?

Thanks for sharing that amazing setup.

Seth

post #103 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Love your setup! I really dig all the really cool art. Looks like a very cozy place to kick back and enjoy the AVP through those gorgeous speakers. Thank you for sharing.

Seth

Thanks for your note. I do like to fill the walls with artworks, as you can see... hopefully they'll spread some of the speaker's sound too.
post #104 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

...And that modular AV rack is freakin' awesome! Who is it made by?...

I was going to ask the same thing...
post #105 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

I'm sure I have posted some of these before but I'll post them again.

post #106 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Here is a scale drawing (plan view) of my current setup with speaker placement.

Cadman, which CAD program(s) do you use?

Ever used Solid Works? -

post #107 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:

Very sweet setup! Very cool looking (and I'm sure sounding) speakers also. What kind of drivers do they use?

Thank you for sharing!

These are dipole push-pull planar magnetics from around 500 Hz up, two six inch woofers at the bottom. They don't go too low, they are really designed to use close to THX crossover frequencies, but the Allison effect (floor bounce) is minimized. Some reviewers (Atkinson, for example) have issues with the second half of the top octave, but at my age I can't tell anyway!
post #108 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 07:00 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Very nice setups guys!!

Here is my equipment:

Denon AVR-5308CI, Denon DVD-2500BTCI,

Earthquake Sound Cinenova 7 Grande,

(2) JL Audio Gothams, Mitsubishi WD-73833 HDTV, PS3 80 GB,

Directv HR-21 HD DVR, Oppo Dv-980H, Xbox 360 Elite

Klipsch speakers: (6) RF-83 mains (FR, FL, Side Surround "A" right and left, Surround Back right and left), (2) RS-62 (Side Surround "B" right and left), (1) Rc-64 (Center)

What TV stand is that?
Thanks
post #109 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 07:17 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB View Post

Cadman, which CAD program(s) do you use?

Ever used Solid Works? -

I've used Autodesk Autocad since 1987 (R9). I've used Mechanical desktop and Solid Works. I currently use Autodesk Inventor. I've been using Inventor since 2002.

Here is an example of my work. It is a section of a 90 degree outside corner I designed with Inventor for the cladding of a high rise building.

Also, I moved my Gotham subs to the inside of my front left and right speakers.
LL
LL

More Afraid of Liberals than Terrorists.
post #110 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 07:33 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1sy View Post

What TV stand is that?
Thanks

The stand is a custom stand I designed and built.

It uses aluminum extrusions for the supports. I designed the extrusions at my job for a specific project, and then bought enough to build the media stand.

The shelves are made from 3/4" ash plywood with 1" thick solid ash edging all stained satin black. The extrusions are clear anodized.

The unit sits atop 8 furniture casters spaced equally on the bottom. It is very easy to roll around when necessary.

The unit cost me about $950.00 US for the materials. It has no exposed fasteners.
LL

More Afraid of Liberals than Terrorists.
post #111 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 07:43 PM

Stumbled upon this thread while looking for info on BG speakers. I am not a present Denon AVP owner, owned several Denon receivers in the past, but have been eyeing the AVP for a while now. I do not think I will be buying this round since my D2 does what I need right now. Might wait until the next round of goodies pop up. Kind of like my computers, usually skip a product generation before I upgrade again. I just wanted to say that there are some very nice setups in this thread. Not only nice gear, but nice rooms. Congrats to all!

I love this stuff!
post #112 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:

I've used Autodesk Autocad since 1987 (R9). I've used Mechanical desktop and Solid Works. I currently use Autodesk Inventor. I've been using Inventor since 2002.

Here is an example of my work. It is a section of a 90 degree outside corner I designed with Inventor for the cladding of a high rise building.

Also, I moved my Gotham subs to the inside of my front left and right speakers.

You did a great job!
Unfortunatly most of the stands around with 7-8" distance between shelfs and very few with 9".Not enough space for modern separates and other equipment. I have HTPC Silverstone CW-02B that 8.5" high and it's hard to fit to the most stands. If you buy AVP you'd like have few inches above for vent as well. Not much choices around.
Thanks
post #113 of 319 Old 06-26-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:

If that is the size of the box that is going to turn up to my place, i think i'm going to have to get a few mates around to help. This thing weighs in @60kg which is only one kilo more than "I" weigh. So i dont think it will be a good idea for me to lift this thing lol.

Back OT i am really loving these photos people are sharing (besides making me jealous that i dont have MINE yet). There really is just some AMAZING setups here that really do inspire me and just want to say another huge thanks for teh efforts of all.

Scott

<- Join in.

Scott
post #114 of 319 Old 06-27-2008, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Very cool Mark, thanks for sharing. It's great to have you with us again.

post #115 of 319 Old 06-27-2008, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post

These are dipole push-pull planar magnetics from around 500 Hz up, two six inch woofers at the bottom. They don't go too low, they are really designed to use close to THX crossover frequencies, but the Allison effect (floor bounce) is minimized. Some reviewers (Atkinson, for example) have issues with the second half of the top octave, but at my age I can't tell anyway!

Very nice! I've always liked planar magnetics. I love their slim design.

post #116 of 319 Old 06-28-2008, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I took a quick wide view shot of the surround/front speaker layout. I will take some better pix later on.

post #117 of 319 Old 06-28-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:

I took a quick wide view shot of the surround/front speaker layout. I will take some better pix later on.

Hey Seth, that is absolutely perfect mate. As i could never quite understand your room layout, from just seeing the front, back and sides. It looks like you've done a wonderful job there mate. Am i going a bit blind or is your room Wider,rather deeper.

I've so gotta hear some ML's sometime just love the look of them. There seem to be a few places in Aus that sell them though the model #'s you have mentioned for yours seem to be quite different.

Cheers,

Scott

PS Gotta say it again LOVE the setup!

<- Join in.

Scott
post #118 of 319 Old 06-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

OK, I have updated my picture on the 1st page, with the new setup, including the CA-M400s.

Darrell
post #119 of 319 Old 06-28-2008, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thank you Scott for the very nice compliment on my system.

Yes my room is a bit wider than it is deep. But everything worked so I could implement a full 7.1 speaker configuration, so I'm happy.

Yes Martin Logans are pretty cool looking. I've been a Logan owner now for about seven years, and I plan on staying with the Martin Logan brand for many years to come. And yes the ML's that I own are different than their current designs. The reQuest, Aerius i, and Theater i, are no longer being made. The reQuest was one of the largest they ever made, it towers at about 6 feet tall. ML's newest designs have stat panels that are narrower and shorter, but are every bit as impressive as their older designs.

Seth

post #120 of 319 Old 06-28-2008, 07:05 PM
CIH USER

Quote:

very nice Seth like scott said i get a better idea of your room and very impressed.I also looked into Martin Logan speakers I get the sound and image magazine over here and they advertise Martin Logan but I haven't seem to find any in Western Australia to demo yet.im so curious to hear them.

like myself you given enough space all round for your AVP, how do you find the heat with yours?
I watch a movie a night so I really don't notice it too much.

Frank

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page