Official Denon AVP and AVP/POA owners systems photo gallery - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 319 Old 07-09-2008, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Well after using the current HT seating for over 2 years now, it's time for a change. While the current seats are good, they just don't quite offer the level of comfort a dedicated recliner gives. Because of this the search has been on looking for something that will offer the comfort of a stand alone recliner but in a HT configuration. After trying out various brands, finally settled on these Berkline model 45016 seats.

And what's going to be a first for me is these will include ButtKicker tactile transducers in every seat. I've read about how cool it is, so now I'll actually get to use 'em at home. They're also full power recline which will be kinda cool.

The only sucky part is they're special order because of the leather grade and ButtKicker option, so I won't receive them for another 6-8 weeks. But it's cool, it'll be something to look forward to.

Seth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 319 Old 07-09-2008, 11:24 PM
CIH USER

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Well after using the current HT seating for over 2 years now, it's time for a change. While the current seats are good, they just don't quite offer the level of comfort a dedicated recliner gives. Because of this the search has been on looking for something that will offer the comfort of a stand alone recliner but in a HT configuration. After trying out various brands, finally settled on these Berkline model 45016 seats.

And what's going to be a first for me is these will include ButtKicker tactile transducers in every seat. I've read about how cool it is, so now I'll actually get to use 'em at home. They're also full power recline which will be kinda cool.

The only sucky part is they're special order because of the leather grade and ButtKicker option, so I won't receive them for another 6-8 weeks. But it's cool, it'll be something to look forward to.

Seth

Looks very impressive Seth.Is that the chosen colour your going for? When you say powered recline do they run off power to recline like mine does? The only problem with my seats you go right back and I fall asleep

Frank

post #183 of 319 Old 07-09-2008, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Looks very impressive Seth.Is that the chosen colour your going for? When you say powered recline do they run off power to recline like mine does? The only problem with my seats you go right back and I fall asleep

Yes the color should look very similar to that. Yes they run off power, and you're right, once reclined back it's hard not to fall asleep.

Seth

post #184 of 319 Old 07-09-2008, 11:39 PM
CIH USER

Quote:

Yes the color should look very similar to that. Yes they run off power, and you're right, once reclined back it's hard not to fall asleep.

Seth

Very nice colour choice

Frank

post #185 of 319 Old 07-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Seth

Hence the Butt Kicker?

eric

post #186 of 319 Old 07-10-2008, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Very nice colour choice

Thanks Frank. Yeah I think it'll go nicely with the room decor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBergan View Post

Hence the Butt Kicker?

eric

post #187 of 319 Old 07-11-2008, 09:28 PM
CIH USER

Bump and good day to all!

Frank

post #188 of 319 Old 07-15-2008, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 499
Hi all. It's been a while since I visited the AVP threads. It's great to see all the familiar names still here. What a blast looking at everyone's systems. Very impressive! I'm still waiting on the arrival of my tv. Once (if) she ever shows up, I will post some pics.

This site rocks! Thanks Seth.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #189 of 319 Old 07-20-2008, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Well finally got around to snapping some photos;

Here's the AVP firmly planted in its' new home;

Here's a look at the whole rack;

Right now I'm running the Oppo 980H, Panny BD30, Tosh HDA3, BEV 9242 HD PVR Sat recv'r and a little FTA unit. The amp is a Wyred4Sound modified PS Audio GCA MC with 3X 500w & 4 X125w /ch.

I have a Denon 3930ci enroute to replace the Oppo.
post #190 of 319 Old 07-20-2008, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

I've posted this elsewhere before but here's the front end of my HT;

That's a Paradigm Signature front end, with a pair of S4's and the C3, and my surrounds are Sig ADP's, I'm using some Infinity RS35's as rear but will be replacing those with S2's or S1's when the right deal comes around.

The four 15" woofers are an "infinite baffle" sub I built that backs into another room. They are Acoustic Elegance IB15's wired in series/parrallel powered by an O-Audio BASH plate amp.

The two subs under the S4's are DIY servo controlled Rythmik Audio 12" sealed subs.
post #191 of 319 Old 07-20-2008, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

This is the widest forward looking shot I could get;

The front wall is OC703 covered with small bass traps in the front corners with some mineral wool behind the OC.
The side panels are at 1st and 2nd reflection points as is the one you see on the ceiling. They're as thick as I could make them with the narrowness of the room they are all 3/4" OC 703 with a 3/4" gap behind. Not the best but pretty good none the less.

The screen is a 100" Stewart Firehawk in a Screen Innovations frame.

The projector is the Mitsubishi HC5000
post #192 of 319 Old 07-20-2008, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's looking toward the back;

The back wall is about 2 1/2 feet thick and there's a 4' wide room in the back of that where I can access the back of my rack. The two inner panels with the handles house my rear surrounds and shelving for my media. The outer panels cover my 2'x2'x6' bass traps filled with mineral wool.
post #193 of 319 Old 07-20-2008, 07:47 PM

rnrgagne,
That is one of the best looking HT systems i've seen in a long time with a heavy emphasis on sound quality and room treatments which i like. The IB setup looks great too and i can just imagine the chest thumping bass they can produce.
Thanks for the photos.
post #194 of 319 Old 07-20-2008, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks Goob, I appreciate those comments. It was a labor of love with lots of hours put into it. I did everything but the concrete floor and drywall myself.

It was fun to put everything I learned here on this site into practice.
post #195 of 319 Old 07-21-2008, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Hi all. It's been a while since I visited the AVP threads. It's great to see all the familiar names still here. What a blast looking at everyone's systems. Very impressive! I'm still waiting on the arrival of my tv. Once (if) she ever shows up, I will post some pics.

This site rocks! Thanks Seth.

Great to have you chime in! Yeah our gallery thread has some pretty amazing setups. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful setup here. As you said, the only hold up is the TV. Hopefully your TV will arrive soon. God knows you've waited long enough.

Seth

post #196 of 319 Old 07-21-2008, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post

Well finally got around to snapping some photos;

Wow! That is one awesome setup you've got! You did an amazing job with that room. Thank you very much for sharing with us.

post #197 of 319 Old 07-21-2008, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

You're welcome Seth.

I have to admit there's a bit of vanity in posting those pics, but hey, if I can't brag here where else can I?
post #198 of 319 Old 07-21-2008, 07:17 PM
CIH USER

Quote:

Here's looking toward the back;

The back wall is about 2 1/2 feet thick and there's a 4' wide room in the back of that where I can access the back of my rack. The two inner panels with the handles house my rear surrounds and shelving for my media. The outer panels cover my 2'x2'x6' bass traps filled with mineral wool.

Have to say rnrgagne looks very impressive, congratulations on the setup.

Frank

post #199 of 319 Old 07-21-2008, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Have to say rnrgagne looks very impressive, congratulations on the setup.

Thanks Frank. I'm enjoying it as we speak; a little bit of Eagles Hotel California on DVD-A in DTS.
post #200 of 319 Old 07-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:

Seth

Very nice Seth. Indeed, if I had seating that nice I wouldn't let anyone sit in them. "Where do we sit?" The floor is your friend!

Eric
post #201 of 319 Old 07-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:

This is the widest forward looking shot I could get;

The front wall is OC703 covered with small bass traps in the front corners with some mineral wool behind the OC.
The side panels are at 1st and 2nd reflection points as is the one you see on the ceiling. They're as thick as I could make them with the narrowness of the room they are all 3/4" OC 703 with a 3/4" gap behind. Not the best but pretty good none the less.

The screen is a 100" Stewart Firehawk in a Screen Innovations frame.

The projector is the Mitsubishi HC5000

Impressive; Most impressive...

Eric
post #202 of 319 Old 07-22-2008, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elockett View Post

Very nice Seth. Indeed, if I had seating that nice I wouldn't let anyone sit in them. "Where do we sit?" The floor is your friend!

Eric

That's too funny!LOL!

Thanks Eric.

post #203 of 319 Old 07-22-2008, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You're welcome Seth.

I have to admit there's a bit of vanity in posting those pics, but hey, if I can't brag here where else can I?

Hey nothing wrong with being proud of what you've done with your setup. Very impressive!

post #204 of 319 Old 07-22-2008, 01:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Hello everyone, while I am not an AV1 owner, I occassionally stroll this thread, to admire these setups.

ohyeah, I love the Logan setup. I've auditioned them a few times, and was truly blown away. I am at the entry level with my 3808, and I love it. When I finish with the house, the basement WILL be my domain, and the DHT project will begin.

Once again, very nice setups. I look forward to joining you soon.
post #205 of 319 Old 07-22-2008, 10:54 PM

BUMP!

Og yeah almost forgot this turned up just now!

Once i unpack it (the POA) i chuck up some more picks. Now i just have to wait for the AVP to turn up, hoping it will be within a week.

<- Join in.

Scott
post #206 of 319 Old 07-23-2008, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSTI View Post

BUMP!

Og yeah almost forgot this turned up just now!

Once i unpack it (the POA) i chuck up some more picks. Now i just have to wait for the AVP to turn up, hoping it will be within a week.

That is awesome!! Very very cool! Congrats!

Thanks for sharing that. Now as you said, now for your AVP to show up.

Seth

post #207 of 319 Old 07-23-2008, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism View Post

Hello everyone, while I am not an AV1 owner, I occassionally stroll this thread, to admire these setups.

ohyeah, I love the Logan setup. I've auditioned them a few times, and was truly blown away. I am at the entry level with my 3808, and I love it. When I finish with the house, the basement WILL be my domain, and the DHT project will begin.

Thank you for chiming in. Also thanks for the kind words.

You're welcome to stop by here to say hi anytime!

Seth

post #208 of 319 Old 07-23-2008, 06:13 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism View Post

Looking forward in you joining us soon.

Frank

post #209 of 319 Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Very cool Gene, thanks for the link. The Audyssey Curve Editor software sounds really interesting. Do you know if this feature will be a free upgrade?
post #210 of 319 Old 07-25-2008, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene DellaSala View Post

Hi All;

I posted the Audioholics Showcase article that features the new Denon separates as well as other Denon Gear.

Audioholics Showcase Home Overview

Gene,

That is one amazing setup! Cool to see how every aspect of it works together. Very nice article on the system BTW. This Denon separates super system will definitely be featured on our Denon AVP/POA Club Wiki Site.

Thank you for sharing.

Seth

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page