The Official VSX-1018AH-K Owners, Reviews, and Comments Thread! - Page 198 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5911 of 5914 Old 10-29-2014, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys.

So I just received my new Rogers Nextbox 3 HD PVR and I'm having a lot of issues running it through the 1018 through HDMI. I get no picture and no sound. It refuses to pass through the receiver. I called Rogers, Tech came over and spent 1 hour and couldn't figure it out. He knew there was a problem with the audio and had a solution but he never saw this one before. We tried virtually everything and nothing. From I read in earlier posts people were having problems with sound and there is a solution for that, but I'm getting no audio and no video. Tried different HDMI cables and different HDMI inputs and no luck. I'm stuck with a Nextbox 3 that will only run directly through the TV, not the 1018. Beyond frustrating. Has anyone encountered this or have some type of solution this problem. I'm baffled!

Thanks for any input it would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5912 of 5914 Old 10-29-2014, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemiza View Post
This receiver sounds like crap! Loaded with useless features and poor sound quality!
Are you mad bro. This receiver is built solid, beautiful sound and power. Picking up this monster is another story. She weighs quite a bit. Weight means better amplifiers inside. Has for many years without any problems. Only problem I have now is my Nextbox 3 but I know it has nothing to do with the receiver but the Nextbox 3.
post #5913 of 5914 Old 10-29-2014, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagos View Post
Are you mad bro. This receiver is built solid, beautiful sound and power. Picking up this monster is another story. She weighs quite a bit. Weight means better amplifiers inside. Has for many years without any problems. Only problem I have now is my Nextbox 3 but I know it has nothing to do with the receiver but the Nextbox 3.
I'll sell it to you.

Panasonic TC-P50ST60 plasma HD television, Onkyo TX-SR805 and PIONEER ELITE VSX-47TX receivers, Klipsch RB-75(2 pair) and RB-61 bookshelf speakers, Klipsch RSW-10, RSW-12(2), Velodyne HGS-12, HGS-18 subwoofers, OPPO BDP-103, PS3 80G, PIONEER DV-525 dvd player, Klipsch RS-42 surrounds, Klipsch RC-52 center channel
post #5914 of 5914 Old 11-03-2014, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All,

I'm having issues with my volume control. I found out if I pinch the volume knob and bend/lift it up slightly, the volume works again. Anyone ever have an issue like that at all? Volume controls work fine through the remote controls though, so it won't be that big of an issue. Any idea how to fix it though? I don't want to have to keep bending it otherwise I know it will only get worse.

Edit: It only appears to be with HDMI 2. I tested it on TV SAT and had no issue at all.

Last edited by BDigital; 11-04-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page