Getting DOLBY D/DOLBY D EX with the PS3 on the Onkyo SR606 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-05-2008, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey guys i have my PS3 hooked up to my new Onkyo SR606 with HDMI and then HDMI out to the TV so i get Both video and Audio with HDMI, in the PS3's settings i did the little audio settings setup i told the PS3 im using HDMI for sound and then it checked automaticlly what formats it can accept and that was it. however when i watch a movie or play any game that is supposed to be DOLBY D EX or atleast DOLBY D, it doesnt give me that to choose,

meaning if i play a game thats supposed to have DOLBY D EX(i know this because my ONkyo S790 i had Dolby d ex in thee particular games and movies) the only things that i can choose is the Theatrical dimensional or whatever its called, TV LOGIC, ALL CHANNEL and Mono if i rememebr correct, why doesnt it let me choose DOLBY D EX? on the remote im pressing the MOVIE/TV button to scroll between listening modes, i tried the game button aswell and the music button but it doesnt let me get DOLBY D EX, am i doing something wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-07-2008, 05:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Most likely your PS3 is putting out the LPCM instead of bitstream. I'm not sure what the 606 looks like when the input is PCM, but it will not tell you it is in Dolby Digital EX. Instead it will just take the signal and send it to the speakers. Don't let the fact that the little light isn't on fool you, it very well could be doing everything right.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page