*Official* Denon AVR 1909/789 Thread - Page 382 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 11Likes
post #11431 of 11448 Old 07-01-2015, 12:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5022 Post(s)
Liked: 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajasankar Udayasankar View Post
Hi Friends,
Last 5 Years, I really enjoyed this product along with Definitive Pro Cinema. But in the recent times , the audyssey auto calibration is always ending up with R:none even after various microprosser reset operation. Only some times i am getting the option of SKIP . Also i am not able to calibrate all the 6 Positions and I am not convinced with the 1/2 Positions and final output.

- Is there any way to update the Audyssey calibration with new Software
- Whether Denon 1909 latest Firmware can be updated in Chennai , India or via any network options?
- Overall how can i bring the old excellent performance of this best Product.

Advance Thanks for all my Friends who are going to help me.

Cheers,
Raj
No, rather if doing multiple microprocessor resets does not resolve the issue, you would be better served using it for Zone 2 duties and upgrade to a more current model with networking.

--------
2015 Denon AVR thread ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11432 of 11448 Old 07-05-2015, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Looks like my 1909 just quit working (partially).
The video section works. But there is no Audio. Neither from HDMI nor from Coaxial digital.
I can not even run Audussey as the "Start Menu" does not respond.
Tried soft and hard reset to no avail..
Any ideas/inputs appreciated..
post #11433 of 11448 Old 07-05-2015, 03:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post
Looks like my 1909 just quit working (partially).
The video section works. But there is no Audio. Neither from HDMI nor from Coaxial digital.
I can not even run Audussey as the "Start Menu" does not respond.
Tried soft and hard reset to no avail..
Any ideas/inputs appreciated..
If the front panel display reads "H/P input ON", then try blowing some compressed air into the headphone jack (or insert a headphone plug or golf tee a few times).

--------
2015 Denon AVR thread ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
post #11434 of 11448 Old 07-05-2015, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
If the front panel display reads "H/P input ON", then try blowing some compressed air into the headphone jack (or insert a headphone plug or golf tee a few times).
Front display reads the normal Input name and "Stereo". Also the input and output shows only FL and FR.
I will still try what you suggested and see if that helps..
Thanks JD.
post #11435 of 11448 Old 07-05-2015, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajasankar Udayasankar View Post
Hi Friends,
Last 5 Years, I really enjoyed this product along with Definitive Pro Cinema. But in the recent times , the audyssey auto calibration is always ending up with R:none even after various microprosser reset operation. Only some times i am getting the option of SKIP . Also i am not able to calibrate all the 6 Positions and I am not convinced with the 1/2 Positions and final output.

- Is there any way to update the Audyssey calibration with new Software
- Whether Denon 1909 latest Firmware can be updated in Chennai , India or via any network options?
- Overall how can i bring the old excellent performance of this best Product.

Advance Thanks for all my Friends who are going to help me.

Cheers,
Raj
Have you double checked your calibration mic? Could be bad or have a bad connection or cord. I know it's a reach, but?
post #11436 of 11448 Old 07-05-2015, 04:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^
Oops! You quoted the wrong post. I'm not the one who needs the help.

--------

post #11437 of 11448 Old 07-05-2015, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Front display reads the normal Input name and "Stereo". Also the input and output shows only FL and FR.
I will still try what you suggested and see if that helps..
Thanks JD.
The front panel will usually indicate H/P input on this condition, but not always. Also you said you tried a soft and hard reset, but what about a complete microprocessor reset or two or three? Did you try unplugging it while on (not in standby but completely on with a green circle) and leaving it overnight? If left on when the power goes out it will drain your capacitor and reset it really good, too good in fact as you will have to set EVERYTHING back up just like a regular m/p reset, but some older units have issues with performing that. If the cap has never been replaced then you might find that only a few min. or hours is needed to drain it. I have mine, along with my cable DVR plugged into a small UPS to keep both of them from loosing everything during short power bumps and even long term outages (several hours or days depending on if I can get it into standby and the DVR turned off within time).
post #11438 of 11448 Old 07-05-2015, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Good call JD. That did it. I just pushed the Headphone instead. May be it was stuck..
Thanks..
post #11439 of 11448 Old 07-05-2015, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post
The front panel will usually indicate H/P input on this condition, but not always. Also you said you tried a soft and hard reset, but what about a complete microprocessor reset or two or three? Did you try unplugging it while on (not in standby but completely on with a green circle) and leaving it overnight? If left on when the power goes out it will drain your capacitor and reset it really good, too good in fact as you will have to set EVERYTHING back up just like a regular m/p reset, but some older units have issues with performing that. If the cap has never been replaced then you might find that only a few min. or hours is needed to drain it. I have mine, along with my cable DVR plugged into a small UPS to keep both of them from loosing everything during short power bumps and even long term outages (several hours or days depending on if I can get it into standby and the DVR turned off within time).
Thanks. It was a simple fix as JD mentioned. Something may be stuck engaging headphones..
post #11440 of 11448 Old 07-05-2015, 05:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Good call JD. That did it. I just pushed the Headphone instead. May be it was stuck..
Thanks..
This is a known issue on the older models. Dust builds up and disengages the contacts which shuts down the audio to the speakers.

--------

post #11441 of 11448 Old 07-05-2015, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
This is a known issue on the older models. Dust builds up and disengages the contacts which shuts down the audio to the speakers.
And I might add that said dust, grime and oxidation is only enough to open the connection which cuts off the speakers, but the condition is not present that the circuit in there that makes the unit indicate h/p input can be tripped. Or so that is my theory. Either that or part of the circuit gets tripped (that which mutes the speakers) and the other part does not? Does not make sense that full speaker level would be going through there, but I know on olden amps and receivers that the preamp section to the power amps would often run through there and a simple circuit broken buy inserting a headphone plug would break the connection. Better amps and receivers use/used a speaker selector switch and with this new fangled design relays and contacts to do it more automatically. I'm more old school and these complicated digital messes of things confuse me ;-)

Last edited by mr.kludge; 07-12-2015 at 10:43 AM.
post #11442 of 11448 Old 08-11-2015, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For the last 6 years or so, I have had zone 2 assigned to my deck speakers and up until the last time I used them, which was about 1 1/2 weeks ago, everything was fine. It's such a nice day that when I got home from work tonight decided to sit out on the deck with a cold beverage and listen to some music. The left speaker on the deck wasn't working. Did some trouble shooting, switching wires around and determined that the left speaker out of zone 2 on the 1909 apparently isn't working. Any simple ideas on solutions to this symptom, or did something internal to the 1909 just die?

Hope this isn't the beginning of the end
post #11443 of 11448 Old 08-11-2015, 04:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouTiger View Post
For the last 6 years or so, I have had zone 2 assigned to my deck speakers and up until the last time I used them, which was about 1 1/2 weeks ago, everything was fine. It's such a nice day that when I got home from work tonight decided to sit out on the deck with a cold beverage and listen to some music. The left speaker on the deck wasn't working. Did some trouble shooting, switching wires around and determined that the left speaker out of zone 2 on the 1909 apparently isn't working. Any simple ideas on solutions to this symptom, or did something internal to the 1909 just die?

Hope this isn't the beginning of the end
Is the left speaker still silent when assigned as Surround Back Left? Try doing a soft reset by unplugging the unit for 10 minutes. If still no joy, you could try doing a factory reset (p. 64 Owner's manual). And if further still no joy, you could try connecting an old AVR or stereo amp to the Zone 2 pre-outs rather than having to get the unit repaired.

--------

post #11444 of 11448 Old 08-11-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Is the left speaker still silent when assigned as Surround Back Left? Try doing a soft reset by unplugging the unit for 10 minutes. If still no joy, you could try doing a factory reset (p. 64 Owner's manual). And if further still no joy, you could try connecting an old AVR or stereo amp to the Zone 2 pre-outs rather than having to get the unit repaired.
I'll give those a try. Now, if I end up doing a factory reset, that means I'll have to redo all of the settings/assignments, correct?
post #11445 of 11448 Old 08-12-2015, 01:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouTiger View Post
I'll give those a try. Now, if I end up doing a factory reset, that means I'll have to redo all of the settings/assignments, correct?
Correct, and run Audyssey again. One of the nice features about the newer networking models, is that you can save a copy of the config file to a PC and then just load it back after doing a reset.

--------

post #11446 of 11448 Old 08-15-2015, 09:27 AM

Well, reassigning Zone 2 to back surround and then back to using the deck speakers worked. Now have sound out of both deck speakers.

But, the bad news is that during my trouble shooting of that problem, I noticed that the speaker wire was loose on my front main right speaker in the living room on the back of the 1909. Put it back on the banana plug and then ran the manual sound tones in the setup menu. No sound coming from the main front right speaker. Thought it may be the speaker it self or possibly the wiring to the speaker, so I switched the right and left speaker connections on the back of the 1909. Then got sound out of the right front but not the left front. That told me that I'm getting no front main right output from the 1909 itself.

This morning I did a microprocessor reset (4 -5 times) hoping that would fix the problem, but no joy. Even tried switching to the B speaker terminals, but still nothing on the right side. This really sucks because now I can't rerun Audyssey because the mic will not hear anything when it gets to the right front speaker output. Any other ideas?

Last edited by MizzouTiger; 08-15-2015 at 09:48 AM.
post #11447 of 11448 Old 08-15-2015, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thought I would post this here. I have a mint condition Denon 1909 that was sent in a couple years ago to get the firmware updated and it has been in the box ever since it came back as I bought another receiver while it was out getting serviced. If anyone would be interested in buying it PM me with offer.
Thanks!
post #11448 of 11448 Unread Today, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Guys Please help me understand how to hook up mixer (XR12 Behringer)
I have had AVR 889 for over 7 years and works perfectly for regular htpc/xbox/bluray use.

I just got a mixer and tried Main LR Outs (XLR to RCA cables) into pretty much any option that this receiver has for inputs and couldn't get it to produce any sound. Is mixer line level output even supported on this receiver as input or I just wasted last 4 hours trying to do something that is unsupported.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 789 630 Watt 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver