*Official* Denon AVR 1909/789 Thread - Page 382 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #11431 of 11441 Old 07-01-2015, 12:15 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4429 Post(s)
Liked: 2380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajasankar Udayasankar View Post
Hi Friends,
Last 5 Years, I really enjoyed this product along with Definitive Pro Cinema. But in the recent times , the audyssey auto calibration is always ending up with R:none even after various microprosser reset operation. Only some times i am getting the option of SKIP . Also i am not able to calibrate all the 6 Positions and I am not convinced with the 1/2 Positions and final output.

- Is there any way to update the Audyssey calibration with new Software
- Whether Denon 1909 latest Firmware can be updated in Chennai , India or via any network options?
- Overall how can i bring the old excellent performance of this best Product.

Advance Thanks for all my Friends who are going to help me.

Cheers,
Raj
No, rather if doing multiple microprocessor resets does not resolve the issue, you would be better served using it for Zone 2 duties and upgrade to a more current model with networking.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11432 of 11441 Old Today, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Looks like my 1909 just quit working (partially).
The video section works. But there is no Audio. Neither from HDMI nor from Coaxial digital.
I can not even run Audussey as the "Start Menu" does not respond.
Tried soft and hard reset to no avail..
Any ideas/inputs appreciated..
post #11433 of 11441 Old Today, 03:58 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post
Looks like my 1909 just quit working (partially).
The video section works. But there is no Audio. Neither from HDMI nor from Coaxial digital.
I can not even run Audussey as the "Start Menu" does not respond.
Tried soft and hard reset to no avail..
Any ideas/inputs appreciated..
If the front panel display reads "H/P input ON", then try blowing some compressed air into the headphone jack (or insert a headphone plug or golf tee a few times).

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
post #11434 of 11441 Old Today, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
If the front panel display reads "H/P input ON", then try blowing some compressed air into the headphone jack (or insert a headphone plug or golf tee a few times).
Front display reads the normal Input name and "Stereo". Also the input and output shows only FL and FR.
I will still try what you suggested and see if that helps..
Thanks JD.
post #11435 of 11441 Old Today, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajasankar Udayasankar View Post
Hi Friends,
Last 5 Years, I really enjoyed this product along with Definitive Pro Cinema. But in the recent times , the audyssey auto calibration is always ending up with R:none even after various microprosser reset operation. Only some times i am getting the option of SKIP . Also i am not able to calibrate all the 6 Positions and I am not convinced with the 1/2 Positions and final output.

- Is there any way to update the Audyssey calibration with new Software
- Whether Denon 1909 latest Firmware can be updated in Chennai , India or via any network options?
- Overall how can i bring the old excellent performance of this best Product.

Advance Thanks for all my Friends who are going to help me.

Cheers,
Raj
Have you double checked your calibration mic? Could be bad or have a bad connection or cord. I know it's a reach, but?
post #11436 of 11441 Old Today, 04:44 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Oops! You quoted the wrong post. I'm not the one who needs the help.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #11437 of 11441 Old Today, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Front display reads the normal Input name and "Stereo". Also the input and output shows only FL and FR.
I will still try what you suggested and see if that helps..
Thanks JD.
The front panel will usually indicate H/P input on this condition, but not always. Also you said you tried a soft and hard reset, but what about a complete microprocessor reset or two or three? Did you try unplugging it while on (not in standby but completely on with a green circle) and leaving it overnight? If left on when the power goes out it will drain your capacitor and reset it really good, too good in fact as you will have to set EVERYTHING back up just like a regular m/p reset, but some older units have issues with performing that. If the cap has never been replaced then you might find that only a few min. or hours is needed to drain it. I have mine, along with my cable DVR plugged into a small UPS to keep both of them from loosing everything during short power bumps and even long term outages (several hours or days depending on if I can get it into standby and the DVR turned off within time).
post #11438 of 11441 Old Today, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Good call JD. That did it. I just pushed the Headphone instead. May be it was stuck..
Thanks..
post #11439 of 11441 Old Today, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kludge View Post
The front panel will usually indicate H/P input on this condition, but not always. Also you said you tried a soft and hard reset, but what about a complete microprocessor reset or two or three? Did you try unplugging it while on (not in standby but completely on with a green circle) and leaving it overnight? If left on when the power goes out it will drain your capacitor and reset it really good, too good in fact as you will have to set EVERYTHING back up just like a regular m/p reset, but some older units have issues with performing that. If the cap has never been replaced then you might find that only a few min. or hours is needed to drain it. I have mine, along with my cable DVR plugged into a small UPS to keep both of them from loosing everything during short power bumps and even long term outages (several hours or days depending on if I can get it into standby and the DVR turned off within time).
Thanks. It was a simple fix as JD mentioned. Something may be stuck engaging headphones..
post #11440 of 11441 Old Today, 05:03 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Good call JD. That did it. I just pushed the Headphone instead. May be it was stuck..
Thanks..
This is a known issue on the older models. Dust builds up and disengages the contacts which shuts down the audio to the speakers.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #11441 of 11441 Old Today, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
This is a known issue on the older models. Dust builds up and disengages the contacts which shuts down the audio to the speakers.
And I might add that said dust, grime and oxidation is only enough to open the connection which cuts off the speakers, but the condition is not present that the circuit in there that makes the unit indicate h/p input can be tripped. Or so that is my theory. Either that or part of the circuit gets tripped (that which mutes the speakers) and the other part does not? Does make sense that full speaker level would be going through there, but I know on olden amps and receivers that the preamp section to the power amps would often run through there and a simple circuit broken buy inserting a headphone plug would break the connection. Better amps and receivers use/used a speaker selector switch and with this new fangled design relays and contacts to do it more automatically. I'm more old school and these complicated digital messes of things confuse me ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 789 630 Watt 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver