Official VSX-01TXH and VSX-03TXH Owners Thread - Page 109 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3241 of 3263 Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18

Did maybe somehow unplugging the unit reset something? Double check your settings menu that the optical input is assigned to the TV/Sat input.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3263 Old 04-11-2013, 03:17 PM

Liked: 10
My vsx01 one day stopped passing HDMI video and has no sound. Any one else have the same issue or similar worked great night before next day nothing
post #3243 of 3263 Old 09-23-2013, 09:49 PM

Liked: 11
I bought a Panasonic BDT-330 BD player with dual HDMI ports which can be configured to send video over HDMI 1 to the TV and only the audio to a non 3D capable(HDMI 1.4) AVR like the VSX01. I cannot get the VSX01 to work with this configuration. I setup up the BDT-330 to output audio only on the HDMI(Sub) output but the VSX01 will not recognize it. I tried the BD input, no dice. I configured the DVD input to use HDMI 1 and 2 and tried those as well. No dice, either. The HDMI control is turned off. Any ideas?
post #3244 of 3263 Old 10-24-2013, 09:27 PM

I just bought a new center channel speaker that sonically matches my front pair. I ran the calibration via setup with the mic placed where I sit. The manufacturer of the speaker insisted I bump up the level, 1-2 dB. How do I do this? I don't want to change all the settings of my saved calibration, just the center level. Can I save it after the changes?
post #3245 of 3263 Old 10-25-2013, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Geezer,
Go to the the menu > manual sp setup > channel level and bump the center speaker up as needed.

UNAVol
------------------------------------
There's nothing to see here.
post #3246 of 3263 Old 10-25-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unavol View Post

Geezer,
Go to the the menu > manual sp setup > channel level and bump the center speaker up as needed.
When I go to channel level a test tone with a choice of manual or auto is presented on screen. I already ran the test. Now what? Confused
post #3247 of 3263 Old 10-25-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

When I go to channel level a test tone with a choice of manual or auto is presented on screen. I already ran the test. Now what? Confused
Unavol, I figured it out. The AVR presented tones to aid in the adjustments. Thanks for your help.
post #3248 of 3263 Old 10-28-2013, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Need help with my VSX 03 trigger output. Got a few monoblocks from Emotiva and wanted to turn them on via trigger. I went into menu and put trigger "on".. AVR doesn't turn on amps. I have to manually put amp on which turns on other amp on via trigger..Any suggestions/ thanks in advance for help.

got my answer from Pioneer:

The trigger wire is use to turn "ON" only input sources connected to the receiver. since an external amp is not an input source, the trigger will not turn it on.mad.gif

post #3249 of 3263 Old 10-31-2013, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

No problem Geezer. Did you run MCACC? It can auto calibrate your speaker levels and probably make a better suggestion than a dealer...assuming the dealer hasn't calibrated the speaker in your room.

UNAVol
post #3250 of 3263 Old 10-31-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:

No problem Geezer. Did you run MCACC? It can auto calibrate your speaker levels and probably make a better suggestion than a dealer...assuming the dealer hasn't calibrated the speaker in your room.

Yes, I ran it first than bumped up the center level 1.5 db. My only concern is can I save the new settings to a memory slot? Is it saved automatically after my level adjustment?
post #3251 of 3263 Old 11-05-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

Need help with my VSX 03 trigger output. Got a few monoblocks from Emotiva and wanted to turn them on via trigger. I went into menu and put trigger "on".. AVR doesn't turn on amps. I have to manually put amp on which turns on other amp on via trigger..Any suggestions/ thanks in advance for help.

got my answer from Pioneer:

The trigger wire is use to turn "ON" only input sources connected to the receiver. since an external amp is not an input source, the trigger will not turn it on.mad.gif

I trigger an Emotiva UPA-7 with my 01. Assuming your amps have a standby mode (which I think all Emotiva amps do), it should work to connect one or more amps via the triggers (daisy chain if you need to, if the amps have in/out trigger). It's been a while since I set it all up but I think I had to go to the input menu and select the "12V Trigger 1 -> MAIN" option for each input (DVD, BD, HDMI 1, etc.) so that the amp would always turn on when I powered up the 01, regardless of input selected. See page 69 (Other Settings) in the 01 owners manual...assuming my PDF copy has not been updated and page numbers changed.

Good luck!
post #3252 of 3263 Old 11-05-2013, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 588
^ What he said. Pg. 70 of the owner's manual (PDF) indicates that you have to turn the trigger/s "on" (that is, set it/them to "MAIN" or "ZONE 2") for each of the inputs for which you want it/them to be active.
post #3253 of 3263 Old 11-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

Quote:

Yes, I ran it first than bumped up the center level 1.5 db. My only concern is can I save the new settings to a memory slot? Is it saved automatically after my level adjustment?

I believe it saves the changes for whichever MCACC setting you have selected. I change my speaker level settings occasionally and it remembers the changes. You like the way it sounds with the CC bumped?

UNAVol
post #3254 of 3263 Old 11-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:

I believe it saves the changes for whichever MCACC setting you have selected. I change my speaker level settings occasionally and it remembers the changes. You like the way it sounds with the CC bumped?

Yes, the dialog is much easier to hear. I was straining to hear before & found myself backing up TV scenes to understand what was spoken. Another benefit is my rear speakers seem to be more active than before. During football games I hear clapping sounds sourced from behind me. My room feels larger. I finally feel the benefits of my 7.1 system. Very happy.
Interesting discovery while fooling around with settings. Even though my speaker array followed THX layout, I found the THX mode buried a lot of the sound effects & dialog. I changed to standard surround (movie) setting & it sounds a lot better.
post #3255 of 3263 Old 11-07-2013, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks all for the trigger help. Just set up a few sources like the tuner and BD player and they all turned on amps perfect. The AVR should be programmed that the trigger automatically turns on when you turn on receiver regardless of selected input.. Once again, thanks for the help..

post #3256 of 3263 Old 12-14-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

another question involving the receiver and my Harmony 1000. How do I set up a sensor so that I could control the AVR behind blackout drapes that I put up? The Harmony controls everything flawlessly but what do I need to buy? thanks in advance.. AVR is VSX- 03

post #3257 of 3263 Old 01-11-2014, 08:14 AM

Hey guys,
Wondering if anyone can help.
My one year old has been messing with my receiver and i don't know what he did but i'm lost.

Here is the problem:

When i plug in my headphones, I now have sound coming out from the headphones and the speakers simultaneously.
Is there a way to disable the speakers, the whole point of the headphone jack is to not play through the speakers.

Any advice is appreciated
post #3258 of 3263 Old 02-07-2014, 03:31 PM

The manual states that no sound is output from speakers when headphones are connected. What I don't know is if you have another zone active (Speakers button on the front, in "SP>AB" mode) if it continues to play in that second zone with the headphones plugged in. Maybe check that? That's all I can think of. confused.gif
post #3259 of 3263 Old 05-18-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

I just started to have that problem with the VSX 03. Hooked up my computer via optical to optical 1 input. When I plug in the headphones, the speakers still play.. Never had that problem before..I am lucky that my cd player has a phono input so I don't need to turn on the avr when listening to cds.. Strange

post #3260 of 3263 Old 09-01-2014, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi: got a PJ that does 3d but the 03 doesnt pass 3d. So I use hdmi from ps3 to pj and for sound I am trying to use optical out to AVR. the receiver wont let me choose what optical port to use. In setup I go to BD then push remote again and it jumps to "rename".. All other inputs, STBX, computer let me assign optical inputs. Is it a PS3 problem? Everything is set on optical in the PS3 settings. thanks in advance..

post #3261 of 3263 Old 09-27-2014, 08:03 PM

Question black screen/ working audio for 1/2 of my HDMI devices

I picked up a used 03TXH and love it aside from one odd issue, about half of my HDMI devices have sound but no picture.

Affected devices which work fine connected directly to TV but don't play video on 03TXH:
  • xbox 360 (tried two of them)
  • Wii U
  • android stick

Devices that work fine on 03TXH HDMI:
  • PS3
  • Chromecast
  • Roku 2 XD
  • Ouya

What I have tried:
  • many different HDMI cables
  • adding HDMI switch powered and unpowered (other devices work fine with switch)
  • changing between BD, HDMI 1, and HDMI 2
  • disabled HDMI Control
  • SR+ disabled
  • changed order devices are powered on in
  • reset to factory settings

I still have a few days under which I can return it so I'm hoping someone can provided a bit of guidance, even a page number in the manual to look at would be helpful.

Thanks!

Last edited by sharpfork; 09-27-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: formatting
post #3262 of 3263 Old 12-03-2014, 02:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pioneer vsx -03txh sucks! Hooked it up to pc which is ati radon HD 6450 hdmi 1.4a and won't display video. My old pioneer vsx90 did and that just did passthrough this won't even passthrough hell even my Yamaha RX-V663 7.2 works perfectly

Every time I boot pc I see all menue and **** but once os is loaded it won't display picture. I hooked up a lcd monitor for dual screens to try for different resolution but no matter what I try I cannot get picture.it will flicker if I change from amp to pass but that's it. ..Pretty pathetic

Last edited by Bergarth; 12-03-2014 at 02:04 AM.
post #3263 of 3263 Old Today, 11:37 AM

Headphone question

So this is my issue that i'm having.
I have mini jack 3.5mm headphones which i am trying to plug into the receiver.
I am using a RCA AH216 Stereo Headphone Adapter Plug.
When i plug my headphones in, the receiver switches to stereo and i get sound through both the speakers and the headphones.

Zone 2 is turned off. Why is the sound still coming from the speakers???
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors