Official VSX-01TXH and VSX-03TXH Owners Thread - Page 110 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #3271 of 3295 Old 11-06-2015, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 48
And as you have probably learned by now....the advanced HD audio formats are NOT available through optical. They will be limited to two-channel pcm or down-mixed to plain 5.1 DD or dts.

bg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3272 of 3295 Old 11-06-2015, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 268
I get a 3D picture now but still no sound. There is no BD player in the optical menu. It is only HDMI. It must be something in the PS3 that I am doing wrong..

post #3273 of 3295 Old 11-09-2015, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I'll check my unit tonight and report back. I remember reading that your solution for 3D was possible with this AVR.

bg
post #3274 of 3295 Old 11-09-2015, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

thanks for quick reply. My only solution (other than a new AVR.. $$) is a dual HDMI output player such as a Sony or Panny..I asked Santa for one ..

post #3275 of 3295 Old 11-09-2015, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, that may be your only option. I am not sure this AVR allows the use of optical input (for digital audio) for HDMI video sources. But I have never actually tried to do so. The manual is not very helpful or clear about what's possible to configure, although it does a great job of showing the default settings.

bg
post #3276 of 3295 Old 11-09-2015, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
thanks for quick reply. My only solution (other than a new AVR.. $$) is a dual HDMI output player such as a Sony or Panny..I asked Santa for one ..
My Oppo 93 has dual output & plays everything.
post #3277 of 3295 Old 11-09-2015, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
This AVR does not allow configuring the BD input at all. You don't get the option to use an optical input for audio when the BD input is used. In case you don't know this, you can simply use one of the other video inputs when you want to use your PS3. This is what I used to do when I had an AVR without component video switching capability (component cables straight to the tv, the optical connection straight to the AVR). Hey, at least you free up an HDMI input for other needs!

bg
post #3278 of 3295 Old 12-15-2015, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So I am using a VSX-01THX with an ATT U-Verse STB. I am going optical fromthe STB to the A/V receiver and going component direct from the STB to the TV.I have the STB set to surround sound and when I either do a channel change on alive TV stream or if I am watching a recording and Fast Forward/Rewind, I amlosing the audio for up to 5 sec.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Greg
post #3279 of 3295 Old 12-15-2015, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't see this when I use my XBox 360 as a Windows Media Center extender. This type of audio sync delay is usually a combination of AVR and source unfortunately. Sometimes you can alleviate it by setting either/both to a single format to output/expect.

bg
post #3280 of 3295 Old 12-30-2015, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post
One usually sets the digital input for each source. You first choose the BD input (in the input assign menu), then choose the optical input that you want. Are you saying the BD input is not selectable in this menu screen?
Sorry I took so long to answer your question. Yes there is no BD in the optical menu. I got a Sony player with dual hdmi outputs to solve this problem.. One goes to PJ and the other goes into receiver. My question is what input should I use for the player? The one marked BD or a regular input? thanks in advance

post #3281 of 3295 Old 12-30-2015, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes, as I said in my previous post, this AVR does not allow any "tweaking' for the BD input. It is HDMI all the way!

For your new setup, I'd use the BD input. No real reason other than it is a BD player connected to it.

bg
post #3282 of 3295 Old 12-30-2015, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sorry I took so long to answer your question. Yes there is no BD in the optical menu. I got a Sony player with dual hdmi outputs to solve this problem.. One goes to PJ and the other goes into receiver. My question is what input should I use for the player? The one marked BD or a regular input? thanks in advance
So I'm wondering why you decided to get a new dual-output BD player. I am guessing you did it to get the HD audio tracks, but you first posted about wanting to get the optical output configured properly with this AVR. Just curious, that's all.

bg
post #3283 of 3295 Old 12-30-2015, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post
So I'm wondering why you decided to get a new dual-output BD player. I am guessing you did it to get the HD audio tracks, but you first posted about wanting to get the optical output configured properly with this AVR. Just curious, that's all.

Optical doesn't carry the DTS-HD or Dolby-HD..I have a 7.1 system so I put the player on my Christmas list and Santa came thru. As always, thank you for your help, along with other members..

post #3284 of 3295 Old 01-11-2016, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got a vsx03 left over from a previous job, anyhow I'd like to try and utilize it in a new install.

There will be 3 sets of stereo speakers total.

No surround sound use.

One set in office, one set in bathroom, and one set in shop area.

Speakers are all 6.5" 8 ohm units,

Each room has in wall volume control with off .

What's the best connection method to this reciever?
I'm thinking put the office on the zone 2 , as its separated from the other areas.

Can this reciever be run in a all channels stereo mode?
Or must I somehow connect the two pairs to the front speaker outputs?
Series wiring won't work , and parallel will put it at 4 ohm,

Suggestions ?

Thanks
post #3285 of 3295 Old 01-11-2016, 11:01 AM

3 sets stereo speakers, connection help

I've got a vsx03 left over from a previous job, anyhow I'd like to try and utilize it in a new install.

No surround sound use.

I'm thinking put the office on the zone 2 , as its separated from the other areas.

Suggestions ?

Thanks
post #3286 of 3295 Old 01-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianas View Post

No surround sound use.

Suggestions ?

Thanks
You could try and hook two speakers each up to the Fronts, Surrounds and Backs with the center set to None. Then select All channel Stereo, which I think Pioneer calls Extended Stereo. Should work. You could also run Zone 2 off the Surround Back channels as you mentioned.
post #3287 of 3295 Old 01-12-2016, 05:52 PM

Thanks gene,

Good idea on switchng the center off.

Reading thru the manual though , I don't think it has the all ch stereo setting. Anyone know?
I have a newer elite unit at home though that does.
Guess I'll just have to try it out and see what I come up with.

Just being cheap and using all left over parts from other jobs over the years, little over extended on construction budget. But I'll just get an impedance matching selector if I can't make it work , at a later date
post #3288 of 3295 Old 01-12-2016, 05:52 PM

Thanks gene,

Good idea on switchng the center off.

Reading thru the manual though , I don't think it has the all ch stereo setting. Anyone know?
I have a newer elite unit at home though that does.
Guess I'll just have to try it out and see what I come up with.

Just being cheap and using all left over parts from other jobs over the years, little over extended on construction budget. But I'll just get an impedance matching selector if I can't make it work , at a later date
post #3289 of 3295 Old 03-20-2016, 05:13 PM

I have a Pioneer VSX-01 that I run a Comcast box and Apple TV box into via HDMI. I then go HDMI out to my Samsung 58" TV. The problem is that when I switch to my Squeezebox (RCA in) from one of these HDMI sources it turns to a blue screen dialog box that says "searching for signals" . How do I prevent this from happening? I would like to have the TV continue to show the Comcast programming. Think of it like watching a football game but having the sound coming from a different source.

I have read the manual as much as I can and tried as many configurations as possible but nothing seems to correct this issue.

The TV is a Samsung FP-T5884.

Cheers,
James
post #3290 of 3295 Old 03-20-2016, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Try hooking the analogs from the Squeezebox to the corresponding analog inputs from the hdmi video source. Then use the Signal Select button on the remote to switch the audio from hdmi to analog. Never tried this myself but it might work. Might not.
post #3291 of 3295 Old 03-23-2016, 07:35 PM

I am not sure I understand what you are saying and how that will keep the TV picture displaying when switching?

Thanks,
James
post #3292 of 3295 Old 03-23-2016, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbaseracer View Post
I have a Pioneer VSX-01 that I run a Comcast box and Apple TV box into via HDMI. I then go HDMI out to my Samsung 58" TV. The problem is that when I switch to my Squeezebox (RCA in) from one of these HDMI sources it turns to a blue screen dialog box that says "searching for signals" . How do I prevent this from happening? I would like to have the TV continue to show the Comcast programming. Think of it like watching a football game but having the sound coming from a different source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbaseracer View Post
I am not sure I understand what you are saying and how that will keep the TV picture displaying when switching?
Hi cloudbaseracer, with Comcast box assigned to TV/SAT HDMI input and Squeezebox plugged in TV/SAT RCA in.

On the remote press "Receiver" and then press "Signal Sel" button a few times to cycle it to "Analog".
post #3293 of 3295 Old 08-07-2016, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hoping folks are still reading this thread...have had the VSX-01TXH receiver since it came out. Basic setup is, Cox Contour HDMI into input1, PS3 into BD input. Output goes to the TV. Been working for months. Turned everything off as normal. Next morning, all I get is audio, no video. Swapped cables around, plugged each component into the TV, swapped cables around some more, and I get audio and video. Try plugging everything back through the receiver, all I get is audio and no video. I've reset the receiver per the manual, still no luck. I've unplugged the receiver for 15 minutes, plugged it back in - no luck.

Any advice?
post #3294 of 3295 Old 08-07-2016, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well, I still use my VSX03 daily buy it has never failed me. Sounds like an internal component failure to me. Hope I'm wrong

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
post #3295 of 3295 Old 08-08-2016, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Same here, use it for 3D also. Got a BD player with dual outputs, 1 to PJ and the other to AVR.. Only problem is that speakers remain on when I use the headphones..But my cd player has a headphone in jack so I don't use the AVR.. good luck with problem solving..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors