Originally Posted by SoapDoctor
PS3 60g original. Model CECHA01. Auto audio setup so everything is checked.
Haven't had problems with bluray yet (don't watch movies very often).
1)Absent dialogue and very muted background noise during cut scene. Cycled surround modes and it fixed.
2) Getting a call no dialouge but full background noise. In stereo it works but anything other than stereo it is absent no matter what I do.
1) Logic 7 movie mode is all I can get when it should say multi channel.
2) In a car no dialouge when making/recieveing cell phone calls. Out of car I can here only Niko's side of the conversation. No way to get it to work properly.
1) TV Announcers voice missing. Cycled surround modes and it fixed it.
1) No click noise on XMB
2) only get very end of the last tone of the three for the playstation sound when game starts.
3) Haven't come across any issue with pausing causing problems.
I have not tried in bitstream since I'm more concerned with what doesn't work as opposed to what does.
Thanks for the info. I'll add it to the first post. Doesn't appear to be limited to any specific model, so it is indeed a software bug on the H/K side.
I hit a slight snag on the email to H/K support today. They removed the Vendor Contact Info in our manufacturer support link, so I fired off an e-mail to our corporate escalation team. They should get back to me tomorrow morning with the info. More importantly though, I sent an email to our District Business Manager (who is a former HT District Manager). He is a mover and shaker in the company...and he likes me
He oughta get back to me tomorrow morning as well, and he can drop the hammer on H/K from a corporate perspective. So we should have some concrete answers by the end of this week.
Sorry I don't have any more information than that right now, but it is better than nothing. I encourage you guys to keep calling in to H/K, though, and DEFINITELY
keep posting in this thread and the Owner's Thread. I specifically mentioned these two threads in my emails, and the more proof we have of demonstrated problems the more likely we are to get a quick fix.
Keep up the good work everyone. I'm not giving up until H/K fixes these problems, as this is affecting me as a customer too. I'm a huge Harman/Kardon fan, so when something like this happens it not only makes me look bad to my customers, it directly affects my home enjoyment as well.