AVS Forum Addicted Member
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
It's been posted, but not everyone has probably seen it. I wish Dolby and DTS would publish these WAV files using the exact same source
* Uncompressed music segment with lots of high frequency info especially cymbals
* encoded to 448kbs Dolby Digital, then undecoded to a WAV file
* encoded from 768 kbs DTS, then decoded
* encoed to 1.5 Mbs DTS, then decoded
* encoded to Dolby Digital+ at a typical bitrate, then decoded
* encoded to DTS HD High Resolution audio at a typical bitrate, then decoded
There's no need to have samples of undecoded lossless audio, as it's identical to the uncompressed sample.
With these files, individuals could decide for themselves.
In the meantime, if your player can decode TrueHD as 1.5 Mbs, you are in great shape. The player should be able to send the very high quality 1.5 Mbs DTS-HD Master Audio core even though it can't decode the lextension.
"But this one goes up to 11"