*Official* Denon AVR 2309CI/889 Thread - Page 108 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #3211 of 3224 Old 09-26-2015, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello, I've been bitstreaming hd surround from my htpc to my 2309 and discovered a while back that dts-hd sounded noticeably clearer and louder than truehd. After some brief research I found this forum and the posts about a firmware update released for my receiver. Does this sound like I've been bitten by the denon bug? Can someone please help me locate the files needed to perform the update?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 3224 Old 09-28-2015, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figit090 View Post
Woohoo! I just picked up the 889 with remote (that's it besides power lead) at a thrift store for $40. Only issue so far is some FM radio bleeding into my other inputs, only a little during silent moments when I'm by the speakers... is that fixable?
That's an awesome thrift store find for only 40 bucks. Were you able to determine the source of the radio interfarence? Are your cables shielded?
post #3213 of 3224 Old 10-25-2015, 05:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
A few days ago, my 2309ci started acting up. On the Direct TV HMDI input when I would turn to it would try to lock in then reset and try again. It lock in. When I saw lock in what I mean is the videos signals outputted on the display would flash but never stay on. The unit was trying to output the signal, which it had been doing for 6 years but couldn't.

So I did factory reset, ran the Audiysss...and reassigned the inputs. Now...nothing is outputted at now. No audio no video. Even the tuner outputs nothing. I unhooked the HDMI cable for the DirecTV box and hooked directed to my Samgsung 4K TV and works great.

Question I suppose is that I want to make sure it's failed before I go out and replace it. I'm been wanting to replace it anyway..just didn't want to get forced into it yet. Is there something else I should try before I say the last rites?

Thanks

Bill
post #3214 of 3224 Old 10-25-2015, 06:44 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10304 Post(s)
Liked: 4769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX View Post
A few days ago, my 2309ci started acting up. On the Direct TV HMDI input when I would turn to it would try to lock in then reset and try again. It lock in. When I saw lock in what I mean is the videos signals outputted on the display would flash but never stay on. The unit was trying to output the signal, which it had been doing for 6 years but couldn't.

So I did factory reset, ran the Audiysss...and reassigned the inputs. Now...nothing is outputted at now. No audio no video. Even the tuner outputs nothing. I unhooked the HDMI cable for the DirecTV box and hooked directed to my Samgsung 4K TV and works great.

Question I suppose is that I want to make sure it's failed before I go out and replace it. I'm been wanting to replace it anyway..just didn't want to get forced into it yet. Is there something else I should try before I say the last rites?

Thanks

Bill
Try doing about 4-5 microprocessor resets in a row. Then power on the TV, wait a few seconds, the AVR, wait a few seconds, then the source device. If still no joy, purchase a new set of cables from forum sponsor Monoprice or Blue Jeans Cables.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, SVS, Oppo

Ask me how to get a FREE HEOS 1 HS2 wireless/Bluetooth speaker.
post #3215 of 3224 Old 12-11-2015, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Try doing about 4-5 microprocessor resets in a row. Then power on the TV, wait a few seconds, the AVR, wait a few seconds, then the source device. If still no joy, purchase a new set of cables from forum sponsor Monoprice or Blue Jeans Cables.
Did this work for anyone else?

-----

How to make a podcast

Apollo Podcast Production
post #3216 of 3224 Old 12-20-2015, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks! I actually haven't heard any more of that but I've been too busy to really solve the issue and listen for it. Perhaps moving things and changing hookups since then solved it.

No idea what is shielded, I've always had cheap rca cables for everything. Ill keep that in mind, but how can that cause radio interference on other inputs? Sounds internal to me.
post #3217 of 3224 Old 02-10-2016, 03:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hopefully I am in the right place.

Before I et started, it looks like there have been software upgrades for this receiver??? I bought it new 8 years ago (or so) and have never done, nor did I know you could do, upgrades.

With that said, I have never had good speakers (other than a short home trial of an Internet brand several years ago) of which I played with Audessey but probably never understood and got right.

Help with my system
I have a Denon 2309 CI

Bought Sierra 2's (and enjoying them)

Just got in a Rhythmic L12 today and hope to have it hooked up tomorrow.

I will hook up LFE on the AVR and the sub and that's all I know. Some switches and knobs on the sub that I'm not sure I understand what to do with.

Need to find the Audessey accessories. Who knows where this stuff is it's been so long since I saw it.

What I have been reading tonight looks like the LFE jacks are used for 5.1 and 7.1. But what about 2.1? Will this work? I don't expect to add any more speakers for a while.

And how should I set this up without Audessey if I can't find the mic?
post #3218 of 3224 Old 02-10-2016, 03:12 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoB/335 View Post
Hopefully I am in the right place.

Before I et started, it looks like there have been software upgrades for this receiver??? I bought it new 8 years ago (or so) and have never done, nor did I know you could do, upgrades.

With that said, I have never had good speakers (other than a short home trial of an Internet brand several years ago) of which I played with Audessey but probably never understood and got right.

Help with my system
I have a Denon 2309 CI

Bought Sierra 2's (and enjoying them)

Just got in a Rhythmic L12 today and hope to have it hooked up tomorrow.

I will hook up LFE on the AVR and the sub and that's all I know. Some switches and knobs on the sub that I'm not sure I understand what to do with.

Need to find the Audessey accessories. Who knows where this stuff is it's been so long since I saw it.

What I have been reading tonight looks like the LFE jacks are used for 5.1 and 7.1. But what about 2.1? Will this work? I don't expect to add any more speakers for a while.

And how should I set this up without Audessey if I can't find the mic?

1. Upgrades, no ..... updates (ie. fixes - boomy bass when using Audyssey), yes. PM me with your non-gmail/non-edu email address and I can email the update to you.
2. Set the sub gain/volume knob to about 10 o'clock. Set the frequency knob to maximum (ie. generally 150Hz). Run Audyssey using a mic boom stand or camera tripod to support the mic.
3. Yes, LFE works with 2.1 and when playing a 5.1/7.1 audio track, it will be down mixed to your 2.1 setup.
4. You'll need to purchase an Audyssey mic (either directly from Denon or eBay) - DM-A409 is the mic that comes with the 2309CI however, you can also use the ACM1H or ACM1HB.

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-Audyssey...udyssey+ACM1HB

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, SVS, Oppo

post #3219 of 3224 Old 02-10-2016, 03:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I am reading through some other posts and realize that I will have a VERY hard time understanding a LOT of the terminology being used here. I eyed a "Dummies" explanation to my questions. Seems like you have to be an engineer to watch tv and listen to music in your own home!!! YIKES!
post #3220 of 3224 Old 04-19-2016, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I am having an issue with my 2309ci and I've done the 3 or 4 resets and turned things off and on in the order suggested. the avr is reset but when i try to use the menu button to set things up, it turns the power off to the avr. The only things that seem to work are the Source knob. I am seeing an onscreen message only when the source is set to tuner and the station shows up. The standby power isn't working properly either, only the main on/off button.

I think if I can get the menu button to work with the on screen menu, I'll be able to navigate the rest of the set up. I've done it before, but recently moved and got a new TV and bluray and tried to add them to my harmony remote - things went south from there.

Help?
post #3221 of 3224 Old 09-20-2016, 09:19 AM

Greetings,
I did a microprocessor reset on my Denon AVR 2309 and now i cant get the receiver to come out of standby mode. I followed the manual for the reset procedure.
I can power on the device, but the denon stays on standby mode (red ring), and i am not able to press it to get the green light ring!
Any help would be great!

Thanks

Vijay Iyer
post #3222 of 3224 Old 09-20-2016, 09:29 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay Iyer View Post
Greetings,
I did a microprocessor reset on my Denon AVR 2309 and now i cant get the receiver to come out of standby mode. I followed the manual for the reset procedure.
I can power on the device, but the denon stays on standby mode (red ring), and i am not able to press it to get the green light ring!
Any help would be great!

Thanks

Vijay Iyer
There are two power buttons on the 2309. Ensure you are pressing the correct one.

------------

post #3223 of 3224 Old 09-20-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
There are two power buttons on the 2309. Ensure you are pressing the correct one.
Yes, I am pressing the correct one, there are two buttons, on/off and On/Standby .
As per manual i followed the microprocessor reset, after that the device is on standby mode only (red ring over On/Standby) after powering on the On/Off button. I have tried factory reset many times, but still the same!
post #3224 of 3224 Old 09-24-2016, 03:01 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay Iyer View Post
Yes, I am pressing the correct one, there are two buttons, on/off and On/Standby .
As per manual i followed the microprocessor reset, after that the device is on standby mode only (red ring over On/Standby) after powering on the On/Off button. I have tried factory reset many times, but still the same!
Try unplugging the AVR for 10 minutes. Then power on by resetting the microprocessor at least 4-5 times in a row. If still no joy, time to consider upgrading to something more current.

------------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page