post #5671 of 5682 Old 06-07-2014, 01:51 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1486 Post(s)
Liked: 1617
^^
1. Possible
2. Unplug the power over night and then try multiple Deep resets (press/hold UP/DOWN arrow keys). Do you have another amp or AVR that you could connect to the 2809 via the FL/C/FR pre-outs?
3. Depends on whether you want to take advantage of the newer features (eg. networking) on the newer models or not as you may be better served putting the $300-$400 repair cost into a newer model.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5672 of 5682 Old 06-07-2014, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
1. Possible
2. Unplug the power over night and then try multiple Deep resets (press/hold UP/DOWN arrow keys). Do you have another amp or AVR that you could connect to the 2809 via the FL/C/FR pre-outs?
3. Depends on whether you want to take advantage of the newer features (eg. networking) on the newer models or not as you may be better served putting the $300-$400 repair cost into a newer model.

Thanks. It doesn't look like "deep reset" works on this model. What would testing the pre-outs tell me?

Are repair costs really $300+??
post #5673 of 5682 Old 06-07-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb1661 View Post

Thanks. It doesn't look like "deep reset" works on this model. What would testing the pre-outs tell me?

Are repair costs really $300+??
Quote:

^^
1. Possible

Just tested the Pre-Outs and they are sending a signal.
post #5674 of 5682 Old 06-07-2014, 03:44 PM
585-645-1006

A deep reset does work on that model. You press/hold the UP/DOWN arrow buttons on the front panel while powering on the AVR, releasing them after about 4-5 seconds. Using the pre-outs would be a work around to getting the 2809 repaired. Repair costs are only estimated. If you have a repair center in your area you might want to check with them to get a better estimate.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #5675 of 5682 Old 06-08-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:

A deep reset does work on that model. You press/hold the UP/DOWN arrow buttons on the front panel while powering on the AVR, releasing them after about 4-5 seconds. Using the pre-outs would be a work around to getting the 2809 repaired. Repair costs are only estimated. If you have a repair center in your area you might want to check with them to get a better estimate.

Is there any indication that the "deep reset" has happened? I've tried the UP/DOWN buttons with both the On/Standby button and the main power button. With the On/Standby button the unit does nothing at all until you release the arrow buttons. Using the power button with the arrows seems to do nothing - the unit just turns on.

Do the three front channels have a single component in common that is separate for the rears?
post #5676 of 5682 Old 06-08-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb1661 View Post

Is there any indication that the "deep reset" has happened? I've tried the UP/DOWN buttons with both the On/Standby button and the main power button. With the On/Standby button the unit does nothing at all until you release the arrow buttons. Using the power button with the arrows seems to do nothing - the unit just turns on.

Hi tjb1661, are we talking about microprocessor reset? If so here are the steps:

- Turn off the (make sure to turn power off by pressing the ON/OFF power button (small button) and not the ON/STANDBY button (larger button)

- Press while simultaneously pressing and buttons all together

- Once the display starts flashing at intervals of about 1 second, release the two buttons
post #5677 of 5682 Old 09-26-2014, 12:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is there a way to enable Dolby Pro Logic IIx from the front panel? I don't have the official remote and the Harmony database (after they migrated to the web tool) for this receiver doesn't have the surround mode codes.

Also, anybody know how to get a complete set of codes into my Harmony One for this model?

EDIT: ok, found the DPIIx by pressing the "Standard" button to toggle through modes. Still would like help with the Harmony though.

Last edited by collin; 09-26-2014 at 12:30 AM.
post #5678 of 5682 Old 09-26-2014, 02:37 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb1661 View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by jdsmoothie 

Do the three front channels have a single component in common that is separate for the rears?
The same indication as when doing a regular microprocessor reset, in that the front panel display should start flashing.

post #5679 of 5682 Old 09-26-2014, 02:40 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by collin View Post
Is there a way to enable Dolby Pro Logic IIx from the front panel? I don't have the official remote and the Harmony database (after they migrated to the web tool) for this receiver doesn't have the surround mode codes.

Also, anybody know how to get a complete set of codes into my Harmony One for this model?

EDIT: ok, found the DPIIx by pressing the "Standard" button to toggle through modes. Still would like help with the Harmony though.
Not sure what you mean by "complete"? In addition to loading the codes for your model, you can also add the codes from other models if any are missing from your model's remote codes. PM batpig for more info.

post #5680 of 5682 Old 09-26-2014, 03:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Not sure what you mean by "complete"? In addition to loading the codes for your model, you can also add the codes from other models if any are missing from your model's remote codes. PM batpig for more info.
I had a "complete" as it had everything available that I could ever want and more, like screen buttons for all the various surround modes, etc. When I went to reprogram for a new component, I used the new web-based Harmony programming tool, and the 2809 code set in that database was much less complete. I think my previous code set was obtained by requesting the special Batpig set to be copied to my account, but no amount of asking this time around could find any CSR with knowledge of any way to get more or different codes onto my account. Anybody have a clue for how to do this under the new Harmony regime?
post #5681 of 5682 Old 10-28-2014, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After my wife goes to bed at night, I listen to the TV through Sennheiser wireless headphones. In order to do this, I have analog cables connected from all my inputs, in addition to the HDMI connections. I then have my headphones connected to Zone 2. I would really like to get rid of the analog connections. Is there a device I can hook up to the optical out to listen through my headphones? Searching various DAC's it appears that they only work with PCM input. So if a program is broadcasting in Dolby my understanding is I won't hear it. Looking at devices that strip analog sound from the HDMI going to my Mitsu DLP appears to have the same limitation. I would like to get the sound to my Sennheisers regardless of the input type. Any recommendations that cost no more than $100 or so??
post #5682 of 5682 Old 10-29-2014, 01:36 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Optical OUT can only come from optical IN.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page