Official Pioneer SC-05 and SC-07 Owners Thread - Page 190 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5671 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 04:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I have now had the SC-07 for over a week. And with this thread already being 189 pages long I am more then late to the party! I wanted to pair up my 09FD with a Pioneer receiver. I already have good AMP power so I did not really need get the 09 receiver. Plus I wanted to try PQLS over HDMI which the SC-07 has. So without going into a full review I will just say that I have been very impressed with the sound. The past 4 years I have been an Onkyo loyalist and before that Denon. I really like the way the Pioneer performs. I would say the onkyo (latest gen) and Pioneer SC-07 sound more alike than different. Still though, I plan to keep the SC-07 in my set up for awhile until I try another receiver (maybe a new Pioneer) or pre/pro (wish Pioneer would make one) sometime later this year. And today I have a Pioneer Kuro FPJ1 projector coming so I am looking forward to seeing how well the 09FD Blu ray player works with it. Combine those two with the SC-07 and my theater is really looking shiny black!

Back to the SC-07... I do like the simple menus and I like the parameter button on the remote. It allows me to make changes without having to go into the OSD GUI. There is also a bunch of options there! I won't go into to many details since there has been enough reviews already done on this gen of Pioneer receivers. I am just pointing out my personal tastes. I do wish the crossovers could be done individually. My center usually is set at 60 and I don't have that option with the SC-07. It is truly not the end of the world and I would not consider it a deal breaker. The MCACC is very simple and I think it provided good results. I have been doing the Audyssey set up a lot the past year and a half. The MCACC mics do need to be improved but I was able to still achieve very accurate results using my tripod in my main listening position (pretty much the middle of my theater). I also wish in the future they would allow to do at least 3 readings per setting. Still though, it was much faster then I was used to which worked out good. Also the volume... We are so used to having the absolute setting from the Onkyos so my family is very confused. We usually keep it in the 70s so going back wards takes some getting used to. Unless there is a way to change it and I just haven't stumbled upon it (or read the manual thoroughly).

Finally, I am noticing the clarity and the enveloping sound. I put in The Kingdom and you can hear every bullet whipping by and truly feel the suicide bomber's explosion when he detonates. The bass is very disciplined and not to rough on the ears. We also watched Emily Rose (The Exorcism) and when she is overtaken in her bed in her dorm room you can really feel it. The demon scenes through out the movie are very eerie and the sound has terrific clarity. The voices are spot on and have perfect tonality. My Wife loves Vin Deisel. The sound of his deep voice gets her excited (I know- this is a pg13 review) so she is really like the SC-07! We have also been watching the Supernatural seasons. The first couple are on SD dvd but the SC-07 handles them easily with its many sound options. She is also starting to like Jensen Ackles! My favorite has always been the Ultra2 Cinema mode. The SC-07 delivers. I also like the sports mode and have listened to some of the Super Bowl using it. I realize those are a matter of tastes and the PLIIx still sounds excellent as well. I have went on longer here than I planned so I will wrap this up again by simply saying again, the SC-07 delivers.

I inlcuded a pic of the SC-07 and 09FD hanging out together...
LL

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5672 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
joerod...welcome aboard. Glad you're enjoying your SC.

Different manufacturers handle the vol scale differently. Bottom line, there is no relationship between what other manufacturer's use as their scale, and what Pioneer uses. Also, the vol scale is not linear.

So, you're in good shape. Enjoy!

Music so high you can't get over it....music so low you can't get under it!
post #5673 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 06:26 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicguy View Post

joerod...welcome aboard. Glad you're enjoying your sc.

Different manufacturers handle the vol scale differently. Bottom line, there is no relationship between what other manufacturer's use as their scale, and what pioneer uses. Also, the vol scale is not linear.

So, you're in good shape. Enjoy!

thx-

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

post #5674 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 AM

Liked: 10
My SC-07 will arrive soon and I am still in speaker limbo. I plan to get the Orb Audio Mod 4 setup. However, I do have a Mackie HR-626 Studio Monitor center left over from my beautiful sounding (but wife says too ugly) system to use in all of its glory. The center, which as an active monitor, would be fed from the pre-amp via unbalanced cable. The other speakers would be fed by the amp via speaker wire. I plan to split the mod 4 center in to two Mod 2back speakers to create a 7.1 setup.

Is this a viable option. Will the preamp feed the center while the amp feeds the other speakers similar to the way a sub is integrated? Will volume control work in concert such that all speakers and center are volume controlled in unison? Are these speakers too unmatched to be integrated sonically?

Oh, the reason to do this is just to save some greenbacks on yet another 4 orbs for rear speakers.
post #5675 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 21
SC-07 and 4 ohm speakers? Rec'd my SC-07 this week and plan to upgrade my inwalls to Triad Bronze 4 but they a 4 ohm (3.2 ohm min). I like these because they have the inwall enclure and a nice surround but the impedance is low and read in Audioholoics that the SC-07 didn't do well testing full range: http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/r...s-and-analysis
post #5676 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 02:22 PM

When I run the full auto MCACC on the SC-05 ,once its finished it keeps setting my surrounds to large even though I had set them to small before I ran the test. Can anyone help? thx
post #5677 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman76 View Post

When I run the full auto MCACC on the SC-05 ,once its finished it keeps setting my surrounds to large even though I had set them to small before I ran the test. Can anyone help? thx

Just change them back to small...

Is there a reason you keep running MCACC?
post #5678 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 03:26 PM

I had noticed that it was set to large after I ran it ,so I tried it once more.So thats the only reason I ran it twice.But ill set them back to small, thx FilmMixer. Should I run it again under a different memory with the surrounds and center set to off for listening to two channel music? or just use the same memory for the 5.1 setup and listen in direct mode?
post #5679 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 03:56 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg1 View Post

SC-07 and 4 ohm speakers? Rec'd my SC-07 this week and plan to upgrade my inwalls to Triad Bronze 4 but they a 4 ohm (3.2 ohm min). I like these because they have the inwall enclure and a nice surround but the impedance is low and read in Audioholoics that the SC-07 didn't do well testing full range: http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/r...s-and-analysis

I have just been reading that review on the SC-07. The reviewer really doesn't think much of it, does He? I am quite surprised, after reading all the reviews and people's opinion's here and in the UK forum, I have not seen one post complain about the lack of power. If I had read the Audioholic's review first I would have never even considered the Pioneer receiver.

One of the reason's I am purchasing the SC-05 over any others is the fact that nearly nobody who owns one has complained about it.
post #5680 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper12 View Post

I have just been reading that review on the SC-07. The reviewer really doesn't think much of it, does He? I am quite surprised, after reading all the reviews and people's opinion's here and in the UK forum, I have not seen one post complain about the lack of power. If I had read the Audioholic's review first I would have never even considered the Pioneer receiver.

One of the reason's I am purchasing the SC-05 over any others is the fact that nearly nobody who owns one has complained about it.

I read the same review but I'm glad I ignored Audioholic's lukewarm evaluation of the SC-07 and bought one myself. This receiver is a BIG step up from my Onkyo TX-SR600 it replaced.

"I measured an efficiency of around 75% which is much better than linear amp designs."
post #5681 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 05:09 PM

I've searched and read through dozens of these pages and I can't find an answer. It's a dumb question, so be kind...

Does the OSD function via HDMI?

My current receiver, a Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX, doesn't have HDMI support (nor OSD) at all. It's been a great receiver but it's overdue to be upgraded. I'm getting close on buying a replacement, and the 05/07's are at the top of my list. One thing that's clear is that my next receiver must have proper HDMI switching.

And I can't find a clear answer on this...

So if my HDTV was connected to the 05/07 via HDMI, it will display the OSD menus for the 05/07, right? Does it overlay that OSD on top of the source (cable/sat, DVD, BR, etc)? Or is the source replaced by the OSD?

Thank you very much!
post #5682 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStig View Post

I've searched and read through dozens of these pages and I can't find an answer. It's a dumb question, so be kind...

Does the OSD function via HDMI?

No OSD.

The setup menu displays over HDMI.

No OSD volume, source, surround mode, etc except with certain late model Pioneer displays.
post #5683 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

I have now had the SC-07 for over a week. And with this thread already being 189 pages long I am more then late to the party! I wanted to pair up my 09FD with a Pioneer receiver. I already have good AMP power so I did not really need get the 09 receiver. Plus I wanted to try PQLS over HDMI which the SC-07 has. So without going into a full review I will just say that I have been very impressed with the sound. The past 4 years I have been an Onkyo loyalist and before that Denon. I really like the way the Pioneer performs. I would say the onkyo (latest gen) and Pioneer SC-07 sound more alike than different. Still though, I plan to keep the SC-07 in my set up for awhile until I try another receiver (maybe a new Pioneer) or pre/pro (wish Pioneer would make one) sometime later this year. And today I have a Pioneer Kuro FPJ1 projector coming so I am looking forward to seeing how well the 09FD Blu ray player works with it. Combine those two with the SC-07 and my theater is really looking shiny black!

Back to the SC-07... I do like the simple menus and I like the parameter button on the remote. It allows me to make changes without having to go into the OSD GUI. There is also a bunch of options there! I won't go into to many details since there has been enough reviews already done on this gen of Pioneer receivers. I am just pointing out my personal tastes. I do wish the crossovers could be done individually. My center usually is set at 60 and I don't have that option with the SC-07. It is truly not the end of the world and I would not consider it a deal breaker. The MCACC is very simple and I think it provided good results. I have been doing the Audyssey set up a lot the past year and a half. The MCACC mics do need to be improved but I was able to still achieve very accurate results using my tripod in my main listening position (pretty much the middle of my theater). I also wish in the future they would allow to do at least 3 readings per setting. Still though, it was much faster then I was used to which worked out good. Also the volume... We are so used to having the absolute setting from the Onkyos so my family is very confused. We usually keep it in the 70s so going back wards takes some getting used to. Unless there is a way to change it and I just haven't stumbled upon it (or read the manual thoroughly).

Finally, I am noticing the clarity and the enveloping sound. I put in The Kingdom and you can hear every bullet whipping by and truly feel the suicide bomber's explosion when he detonates. The bass is very disciplined and not to rough on the ears. We also watched Emily Rose (The Exorcism) and when she is overtaken in her bed in her dorm room you can really feel it. The demon scenes through out the movie are very eerie and the sound has terrific clarity. The voices are spot on and have perfect tonality. My Wife loves Vin Deisel. The sound of his deep voice gets her excited (I know- this is a pg13 review) so she is really like the SC-07! We have also been watching the Supernatural seasons. The first couple are on SD dvd but the SC-07 handles them easily with its many sound options. She is also starting to like Jensen Ackles! My favorite has always been the Ultra2 Cinema mode. The SC-07 delivers. I also like the sports mode and have listened to some of the Super Bowl using it. I realize those are a matter of tastes and the PLIIx still sounds excellent as well. I have went on longer here than I planned so I will wrap this up again by simply saying again, the SC-07 delivers.

joerod, thanks for posting your impressions. I read a lot of your posts prior to buying the bdp-51.

It's good to read your comparisons with Onkyo and Denon. Those were two of the other receivers I was considering prior to buying the SC-05 (like many others, I'm sure). As you mentioned, my one complaint is the lack of separate crossovers. However, it was not a deal breaker for me either.

Take care and enjoy your revolving door of toys! Blue
post #5684 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

No OSD.

The setup menu displays over HDMI.

No OSD volume, source, surround mode, etc except with certain late model Pioneer displays.

Ahh, ok. That makes sense based on what I was reading.

Thanks very much for the speedy reply. I really appreciate it!
post #5685 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper12 View Post

I read audioholics on a regular basis and find that it is a very biased website. They have their own store and they sell Yamaha and Marantz. Do an archive search on any Yamaha receiver they have tested. A good example is the new X65 series Yamaha's. They haven't even tested one yet, but there it is on their front page "Gotta Have It". Don't get me wrong because I'm a huge Yamaha fan but a lot of these websites are biased, especially one that sells the brands they test. How much would Yamaha appreciate a bad review from one of their sellers. That's why a forum like this one is so successful, its easy to get true opinions and separate the fanboys. If you want a Yamaha and get a great review go to audioholics. If you want facts come here.
post #5686 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 View Post

I read audioholics on a regular basis and find that it is a very biased website. They have their own store and they sell Yamaha and Marantz. Do an archive search on any Yamaha receiver they have tested. A good example is the new X65 series Yamaha's. They haven't even tested one yet, but there it is on their front page "Gotta Have It". Don't get me wrong because I'm a huge Yamaha fan but a lot of these websites are biased, especially one that sells the brands they test. How much would Yamaha appreciate a bad review from one of their sellers. That's why a forum like this one is so successful, its easy to get true opinions and separate the fanboys. If you want a Yamaha and get a great review go to audioholics. If you want facts come here.

It is tainted with some bias. You can tell they get 'bought out' by manufacturers at times. I've learned to take their reviews with a grain of salt. But their avr reviews seem more thorough than most I've read.
post #5687 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueste View Post

As you mentioned, my one complaint is the lack of separate crossovers. However, it was not a deal breaker for me either.

Even if some of your speakers can handle more bass than others, it is recommended practice to use the same crossover setting for all redirected bass.
post #5688 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

Hey Joe, The SC-05 should work just as well and it comes down to whether one needs an additional HDMI output. As a prepro, I think the SC-05 would work for me.
post #5689 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 08:19 PM

I just keep buying DVD-As from www.aixrecords.com. Mark Waldrep keeps putting them out and his are the higest fidelity recorded audio ever offered to consumers. I bought 3 more a few weeks ago. My Panasonic S-97 plays them fine (but not SACDs, of course). I hope and think the new Oppo BR player will play both SACD and DVD-A. If so, I'll buy one.

It is a crying shame that the record Cos never spent a dime advertising the fabulous sound of SACD and DVD-A. It's even more of a shame that the formats were not technically feasible when the CD appeared in 1983. The LP should have been replaced by DVD-A. CDs are usually pretty bad, but it seems that it is the careless makers of them who are to blame, not really the CD format per se. Try Nonesuch label's "Buena Vista Social Club" CD. Just great. Not as good as DVD-A, but a lot better SQ than most CDs. And an absolute joy in terms of the music. Recorded in La Habana.

And now the LP is making a real come-back. Glad I kept all of mine and my fantastic Technics turntable with the orange strobe-light. I still love analog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicguy View Post

I agree....PCM for SACD/DVD-A is fine.

Bottom line, I'm just about to give up on the SACD/DVD-A formats.
I probably haven't bought either format for over a year. It's time to admit the formats are dead.

Even dual disks are scarce.

Another format killed by in-fighting over which format was better.....DVD-A or SACD. You'd think dueling companies would learn. Beta vs VHS....HD-DVD vs Blu Ray.....SACD vs DVD-A.

post #5690 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 10:08 PM

Anyone purchased either receiver from YAWA/New Sino Corp in Chino CA? If so, what was your experience?
post #5691 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 10:22 PM

Liked: 11
Hi guys, i am very confused about my sc-05.... i am not sure if a made the right choice... i like the sound of it but i am big fan of picture quality, and the sc-05 is not a very good AV for that, because when i connected my cable box to the receiver via HDMI a noticed a loss... plus i notice a little loss with BD too I have a set of Kilpsch... So my question is why sc-05 is getting so many poor review from everybody...
Is the denon 4308 would solve my video processing problem? How does the denon receiver sounds like with my klipsch?

please help...
post #5692 of 17097 Old 03-07-2009, 10:47 PM

Interesting.....I had trouble hooking my satellite box up to my 05 via HDMI, so I connected it directly to the TV. I then tried it again and got the SAT box to work through the receiver and in comparison, I noticed an improvement in picture quality and the blu-ray images are as pristine as I`ve seen on any TV, lcd or plasma.

Just for reference:
Pioneer SC-05
Panasonic DMP BD55 Blu-ray
Samsung LN52A650 LCD
Oppo 980H as a music transport.
Dish 722
post #5693 of 17097 Old 03-08-2009, 03:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerialsound View Post

Hey Joe, The SC-05 should work just as well and it comes down to whether one needs an additional HDMI output. As a prepro, I think the SC-05 would work for me.

The SC-05 would work fine and I know where you can get one (or the SC-07) for a good price.

post #5694 of 17097 Old 03-08-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

Even if some of your speakers can handle more bass than others, it is recommended practice to use the same crossover setting for all redirected bass.

Good to know. Thanks!
post #5695 of 17097 Old 03-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asvallini View Post

Hi guys, i am very confused about my sc-05.... i am not sure if a made the right choice... i like the sound of it but i am big fan of picture quality, and the sc-05 is not a very good AV for that, because when i connected my cable box to the receiver via HDMI a noticed a loss... plus i notice a little loss with BD too I have a set of Kilpsch... So my question is why sc-05 is getting so many poor review from everybody...
Is the denon 4308 would solve my video processing problem? How does the denon receiver sounds like with my klipsch?

please help...

The SCs should pass through HDMI video signals without touching it. Let's concentrate on your BD first.

- What is your player?
- How is it connected to the SC, HDMI?
- What is your TV?
- Is it also connected through HDMI?

You say you notice a loss with BD, compared to what? Connecting your BD player direct to the TV? With HDMI?

Dan.
post #5696 of 17097 Old 03-08-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccoffin View Post

Interesting.....I had trouble hooking my satellite box up to my 05 via HDMI, so I connected it directly to the TV. I then tried it again and got the SAT box to work through the receiver and in comparison, I noticed an improvement in picture quality and the blu-ray images are as pristine as I`ve seen on any TV, lcd or plasma.

Just for reference:
Pioneer SC-05
Panasonic DMP BD55 Blu-ray
Samsung LN52A650 LCD
Oppo 980H as a music transport.
Dish 722

I share your observation. The SC-07 seems to improve the image being rendered by my PRO-150FD. I speculate that when using an HDMI connection the SC-07 repeats and amplifies the incoming signal before sending it to the display.

Even though I'm still using some old Onkyo HTiB speakers, the SC-07 has improved their performance too. Just ask my cat(s). Mid/upper range audio that used to be ignored by my "chows," drives them crazy now.

My setup includes:

PRO-150FD
PS3
SA8300HDC (Time Warner Cable)
SC-07
Speakers (I'm in the market)
post #5697 of 17097 Old 03-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg1 View Post

4 ohm load is not a good thing with most receivers, even the sc07 will lose dynamic range when playing hard to drive loads. This may not be the right choice unless you plan on adding external amps. I currently own 4 ohm load speakers and will not be using the internal amps of the Sc07 due to the hard to drive load. I have a Rotel rmb1095 which I will use until I get my new speakers(Def Tech Mythos ST , 10"s x 3 ) Then I will use the internal amps as all the new speakers are 8 ohm load and very sensitive in the 90's db.

Dan
post #5698 of 17097 Old 03-08-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogipro View Post

My SC-07 will arrive soon and I am still in speaker limbo. I plan to get the Orb Audio Mod 4 setup. However, I do have a Mackie HR-626 Studio Monitor center left over from my beautiful sounding (but wife says too ugly) system to use in all of its glory. The center, which as an active monitor, would be fed from the pre-amp via unbalanced cable. The other speakers would be fed by the amp via speaker wire. I plan to split the mod 4 center in to two Mod 2back speakers to create a 7.1 setup.

Is this a viable option. Will the preamp feed the center while the amp feeds the other speakers similar to the way a sub is integrated? Will volume control work in concert such that all speakers and center are volume controlled in unison? Are these speakers too unmatched to be integrated sonically?

Oh, the reason to do this is just to save some greenbacks on yet another 4 orbs for rear speakers.

So far no response.
Is this just a stupid question from the "Audio Ignorant" or is it just not a good idea?
post #5699 of 17097 Old 03-08-2009, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresno1232001 View Post

I just keep buying DVD-As from www.aixrecords.com. Mark Waldrep keeps putting them out and his are the higest fidelity recorded audio ever offered to consumers. I bought 3 more a few weeks ago. My Panasonic S-97 plays them fine (but not SACDs, of course). I hope and think the new Oppo BR player will play both SACD and DVD-A. If so, I'll buy one.

It is a crying shame that the record Cos never spent a dime advertising the fabulous sound of SACD and DVD-A. It's even more of a shame that the formats were not technically feasible when the CD appeared in 1983. The LP should have been replaced by DVD-A. CDs are usually pretty bad, but it seems that it is the careless makers of them who are to blame, not really the CD format per se. Try Nonesuch label's "Buena Vista Social Club" CD. Just great. Not as good as DVD-A, but a lot better SQ than most CDs. And an absolute joy in terms of the music. Recorded in La Habana.

And now the LP is making a real come-back. Glad I kept all of mine and my fantastic Technics turntable with the orange strobe-light. I still love analog.

Hey fresno.....long time no see.

I really had high hopes for the format. When places like BB, Virgin, and Tower stopped handling SACD/DVD-A it was clear to me that their wasn't enough interest from the media companies to continue supporting the format.

Even online, it's tough to find multi-ch music sources (AIX is a good one).

So, I quit purchasing SACD and DVD-A disks. I'll keep the ones I've got. But, I'm no longer chasing any new disks.

I know in my local BB, the CD and DVD aisles are getting smaller. While the BD aisles are getting bigger. We can see where this is going.

I had a killer 2-channel system at one point (Thorens, Maggie 1.6, Conrad Johnson) based on vinyl. It was a little ritual playing it, though. Pull out the vinyl, clean it, clamp it to the turntable, set the stylus down, sit down in the sweet spot and listen. 15 minutes later, get up, flip over the vinyl, clean it, clamp it, set the stylus down, again.

Maybe I'm getting lazy. CDs are to the point where they sound pretty good. And players are handling them well (which wasn't the case 10 years ago). The world is (has) gone to downloads as the vehicle of choice (and all the inherent gotchas involved).

Even with vinyl, there were well mastered, good sounding records. And then, there were "stinkers". Some were really good pressings. Some were noisy and lacking in S/N ratios and dynamic range. I've put vinyl behind me, too.

Sorry.....I kind of hijacked the thread to hypothesize.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.

post #5700 of 17097 Old 03-08-2009, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogipro View Post

So far no response.
Is this just a stupid question from the "Audio Ignorant" or is it just not a good idea?

cogi....it's always better to have timbre matched speakers in a surround system. Personally, I'd go "all ORB". Things will sound much more cohesive and balanced.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page