Official Pioneer SC-05 and SC-07 Owners Thread - Page 380 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #11371 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
ace....welcome aboard. Pics are welcomed.

versicolor.....I think Perpendicular hit the nail on the head with the "boominess" you experience with the speakers set to large and subw set to "plus".

You're getting a heavy dose of accentuation using the main's bass capabilities and adding the sub's capabilities to that. It will indeed sound "boomy" in that 60-80Hz range.

Setting the speakers to small, (in essence setting the crossover to 80 Hz), will direct any frequencies below 80 Hz to the sub. I'm not familiar with your speakers, but setting them to large does a couple of things.

First, it will take more power to drive them. Not that the SC can't. Just be aware that the lower frequencies take a lot more power than the upper registers.

2nd, a powered sub amp is going to be a lot more capable of driving those frequencies than the SC will be (or any AVR can). For all intents and purposes, any of the SCs are capable of putting out 130w-140w @ nominal 8 Ohms. Any recent sub, and it's amp, will double, triple or even quadruple that amount of power to drive the lower frequencies.

Some movies, especially some with the HD codecs, have some prodigious LFE....where that amount of power would be needed.

As far as redbook CDs, I have some that just don't reach down much below 60 Hz, 70 Hz, even 80 Hz. So, depending on the CD, there might not be any information that's low enough to notice.

Bottom line, if you're happy with the crossover set at 50 Hz, that's all that matters.

Music so high you can't get over it....music so low you can't get under it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11372 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicguy View Post

ace....welcome aboard. Pics are welcomed.

versicolor.....I think Perpendicular hit the nail on the head with the "boominess" you experience with the speakers set to large and subw set to "plus".

You're getting a heavy dose of accentuation using the main's bass capabilities and adding the sub's capabilities to that. It will indeed sound "boomy" in that 60-80Hz range.

Setting the speakers to small, (in essence setting the crossover to 80 Hz), will direct any frequencies below 80 Hz to the sub. I'm not familiar with your speakers, but setting them to large does a couple of things.

First, it will take more power to drive them. Not that the SC can't. Just be aware that the lower frequencies take a lot more power than the upper registers.

2nd, a powered sub amp is going to be a lot more capable of driving those frequencies than the SC will be (or any AVR can). For all intents and purposes, any of the SCs are capable of putting out 130w-140w @ nominal 8 Ohms. Any recent sub, and it's amp, will double, triple or even quadruple that amount of power to drive the lower frequencies.

Some movies, especially some with the HD codecs, have some prodigious LFE....where that amount of power would be needed.

As far as redbook CDs, I have some that just don't reach down much below 60 Hz, 70 Hz, even 80 Hz. So, depending on the CD, there might not be any information that's low enough to notice.

Bottom line, if you're happy with the crossover set at 50 Hz, that's all that matters.

Pics? Of my SC-07 or my entire setup? I left my MCACC settings pretty much as the were detected. It detected my Paradigm Monitor 9 V6s, CC-290 V6 and ADP-390 V5s as "Large" speakers, Cinema 90s as "Small" and crossover set at 80hz. I raised the level of all my surrounds by one because I like to hear them a little more. I tried listening to it for a while and found the center to be lower than I prefer and so I went back and raised its level by one. The funny thing is that the 3-way design of the CC-290 seemed very well utilized with my Denon AVR-3808ci and its Audyssey settings. On the SC-07 and MCACC, the center channel seems a bit subdued. Maybe I got too used to the Denon in the 10 months I owned it. The CC-290 V6 was the first speaker to arrive in my upgrade and I swapped out my CC-370 V3 right away to try it out. The first thing I noticed with the 3-way center channel design was a wider soundstage and deeper bass. But after running MCACC calibration, it almost seemed like any improvement I got with the newer center channel was reduced a bit. Raising the level for my center by one seems to have improved things. I do remember that I had to do this on my previous Pioneer Elite receivers as well as the Yamahas I've owned too. Man I am so glad to be back with a Pioneer receiver. I decided to pop in Behind Enemy Lines Blu-ray into my PS3 to give my setup a run and it sounded awesome...the sound was full, dynamic and the bass was punchy...no hint of the "thin" sound I was getting with the Denon. I just love the sound this receiver puts out and like I said, I can't see myself switching away from Pioneer anytime soon.
post #11373 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 07:26 AM

I currently have a VSX-92TXH reciever and I have a chance to get an 07 at a very good price. I see most of the reviews complaining about No HDMI video processing. I use a PS3 for watching blue-rays. Is this going to be a problem with picture quality with this reciever? Also, is it worth upgrading from my current reciever to this one? Thanks
post #11374 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayhemNJ View Post

I currently have a VSX-92TXH reciever and I have a chance to get an 07 at a very good price. I see most of the reviews complaining about No HDMI video processing. I use a PS3 for watching blue-rays. Is this going to be a problem with picture quality with this reciever? Also, is it worth upgrading from my current reciever to this one? Thanks

Why would you want video processing from an 1080p source? The 07 will just pass the HDMI through untouched, so you shouldn't see any difference in picture quality from ps3->tv to ps3->07->tv.

The complaints are around, for example, my HD-DVR connected HDMI, which will pass through the non-1080p signals straight to the tv for processing. I solve this by using a component cable which will let the 05 do the processing, but only because I compared the two and liked the component better.

I would say that it is worth upgrading just to get not have to send your ps3 HDMI straight to the TV, but that is totally subjective...
post #11375 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 09:31 AM

Hey,For anyone using the harmony one with the 05/07,whats up with the HMG menu,when scrolling up or down it skips 2 or 3 selections,do i have something set wrong?really love this remote,but this has got me pulling out whats left of my hair
post #11376 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 10:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNT3 View Post

Hey,For anyone using the harmony one with the 05/07,whats up with the HMG menu,when scrolling up or down it skips 2 or 3 selections,do i have something set wrong?really love this remote,but this has got me pulling out whats left of my hair

grunt, it's likely an issue with the number of repeats the remote is sending and/or the interkey delay... i think i remember us hashing this out awhile ago, if so, charles will have a link to it...

go into the setup for the device, click troubleshooting, click "responds too many times" and change that to "1"... if you find you have problems with the avr responding to other commands, change it to "2"...

then go to "adjust the delays" and increase the interkey delay a bit...

a bit of experimentation with these two options should provide a satisfactory result...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11377 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 10:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickcar1990 View Post

should i be seeing something that says "true hd" on the display of the reciever when using this track? its from a ps3 if that matters.

nope. ps3 is lpcm only.

side note: this HAS been answered about as many times as any other question in this thread...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11378 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace0001a View Post

On the SC-07 and MCACC, the center channel seems a bit subdued. Maybe I got too used to the Denon in the 10 months I owned it. But after running MCACC calibration, it almost seemed like any improvement I got with the newer center channel was reduced a bit. Raising the level for my center by one seems to have improved things. I do remember that I had to do this on my previous Pioneer Elite receivers as well as the Yamahas I've owned too.

That's interesting... in my particular setup, I had to do the exact opposite with the Denon, including my last AVR and amps before the Pioneer.
The Pioneer seems to be very accurate when it comes to MCACC calibration boosting my CC to where it's perfecttion.

OPPO BETA GROUP
post #11379 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 10:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

we will try that then,lots of screwing around with this thing,but should be worth it

lol... yea, it can take some time to get the remote "tuned" exactly the way you want it... but it's worth it in the end...

- chris

post #11380 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

lol... yea, it can take some time to get the remote "tuned" exactly the way you want it... but it's worth it in the end...

Fixed,thankx man
post #11381 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by versicolor View Post

Is it discarded even if I have the mains set to large and subwoofer to plus? It seems odd that the setting choice after 80 is 50. What happened to 60 and 70? Is there any way I can bypass the SC-05 crossover and use the subs crossover instead? At least then I could fine tune it instead of being forced to make the jump from 80 all the way to 50.

Much of my response has already been covered, but I'll reinforce what graphicguy and Perpendicular have said. After I posted previously, it occurred to me that I should have asked if you were using the "Plus" (aka "double bass") setting, as that would account for the exact symptoms you are describing.

There is no way to bypass the AVR's crossover if you intend to use the dedicated sub output. Some subs are designed so you can wire them to the amp's R/L speaker outputs, then from the sub to the mains, which accommodates using the sub's crossover rather than the AVR's, but this isn't the best choice for most people.

Pioneer seems to be an advocate of the 80Hz crossover, and appears to have included the 50Hz crossover primarily to accommodate 2.1 music systems with large bookshelf or floorstanding speakers. Manufacturer's claims to the contrary, the vast majority of these begin to roll off in the 40's, so a 50Hz crossover is ideally suited to these systems. Higher than 80Hz crossovers accommodate those small satellite speakers that need them. 60Hz and 70Hz crossovers are more useful for marketing than any practical use. Most people are much better served by using 80Hz, which has become the de facto industry standard.

Regarding the several comments about "losing" LFE: LFE is a separate channel (the .1 part of 5.1/7.1). There usually is bass in that channel that is not anywhere else. If a subwoofer is connected the the system, LFE bass goes to the sub and nowhere else.

There is also bass in all the other channels. If any other speaker is set to "Large," the bass encoded in its channel stays in that channel. It is not redirected to the sub unless the "Plus" setting is used. The "Plus" setting sends main channel bass to the sub (as well as to the mains), but it does not send LFE to the main speakers. The only way LFE is directed to the mains is if the mains are "Large" and the sub is "No/Off". In this case, all bass that would otherwise be directed to the sub goes to the "Large" speakers.

All bass below the crossover point is redirected to the sub from any speaker set to "Small." Bass that is redirected to the sub from "Small" channels is mixed with the LFE bass by the AVR, then the parts below the crossover is sent to the sub. Dolby's LFE standard calls for a digital filter at 120Hz. In practice, most sound engineers roll off the LFE signal at ~ 80Hz. THX adopted that frequency as their standard, and the industry has pretty much followed suit. So there is almost always 50-80Hz material in any source containing an LFE, and this is removed by the 50Hz crossover.

These frequencies may also be in the main channels. This is at the producer's sole discretion, and cannot be predicted. When it's there, you are less likely to miss the frequencies cut off by a low LFE crossover, but you still won't be hearing what the producer intended (which would be bass from both).

Two channel sources, of course, have no LFE, so all the bass is on the R/L channels, which is why many people wonder why they hear no bass in their subs when playing CD's through "Large" speakers. Some people "solve" this "problem" by using the "Plus" setting, which always brings to my mind this post by an Audyssey representative:

Quote:

"…the low frequency content is sent to BOTH the speaker and the subwoofer. If they happen to overlap in frequency response then you get double the bass—not good. I have it on good authority that this mode was invented for people who can’t sleep at night because their speakers were detected as Small. Now they can keep their speakers as Large and use this kludge to still send bass to the subwoofer.

In two channel, you will always get "double bass" with the "Plus" setting, so the bass response will never be accurate, and usually sound boomy in the part of the bass spectrum above the mains' roll off point. Of course, some people prefer that sound.
post #11382 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 11:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan424 View Post

Much of my response has already been covered, but I'll reinforce what graphicguy and Perpendicular have said. After I posted previously, it occurred to me that I should have asked if you were using the "Plus" (aka "double bass") setting, as that would account for the exact symptoms you are describing.

yes, that little detail WAS left out of the original post...

the response from the audyssey guy isn't surprising...

- chris

post #11383 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Hey thanks for all that info. I had tried different combinations to alleviate the boominess prior to posting here. The 50hz setting with my mains set to large and the LFE set to plus is what ended up sounding the best. No boom whatsoever. Just deep, powerful, room shaking bass. Maybe it's my room characteristics but I had changed nothing from when the Yamaha was hooked up so that seems unlikely to me. I'll keep messing around with the settings and if something jumps out at me i'll post what I find. Thanks for all the advice and such. I'll take all that you got.
post #11384 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Make sure you visit http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ighlight=mcacc for proper calibration instructions.

OPPO BETA GROUP
post #11385 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpendicular View Post

Make sure you visit http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ighlight=mcacc for proper calibration instructions.

Will do thanks. I have a couple more observations. first, I found that in the Audio Parameter section if I have S-WAVE off the bass becomes boomy. I switch it on and the bass becomes smooth and deep. Second, regarding the harsh, shrill type sound with guitars on CD playback, I found that the S.RTRV setting is the culprit. With it set to ON I get the extra noise. With it off the guitars become clean and clear sounding. Problem is that all together the music sounds better with S.RTRV ON. Also, i've only run the full auto cal to this point. I still want to run Front Align and see how that sounds. If I understand it correctly calibrating for Front Align will not EQ the main speakers or the subwoofer right? Thanks again to everyone for their time.
post #11386 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post

Why would you want video processing from an 1080p source? The 07 will just pass the HDMI through untouched, so you shouldn't see any difference in picture quality from ps3->tv to ps3->07->tv.

The complaints are around, for example, my HD-DVR connected HDMI, which will pass through the non-1080p signals straight to the tv for processing. I solve this by using a component cable which will let the 05 do the processing, but only because I compared the two and liked the component better.

I would say that it is worth upgrading just to get not have to send your ps3 HDMI straight to the TV, but that is totally subjective...

hmmm i wasnt even thinking of the fios through hdmi tks
post #11387 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
tinkering with my new setup right now, quick question. when running auto macc, what should you se the volume at? i hadi t at 18, where i was testing stuff out out of the box, and it set the decible ratings way low, the setup sounds much more subdued now. did i screw up? what should it be set to?
post #11388 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 05:18 PM
TL5
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
An input switching question for you experts:

I have the SC-05, and I'm planning to get the oppo BDP-83 and use it's analog stereo outputs. My question is, I am using the coax digital input marked "CD" for my Squeezebox. If I use the analog inputs marked "CD" on the SC-05, is there some kind of auto-signal sensing that will recognize what input is active? How will this work with my Harmony 1 remote?

Thanks for any help!
post #11389 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post

tinkering with my new setup right now, quick question. when running auto macc, what should you se the volume at? i hadi t at 18, where i was testing stuff out out of the box, and it set the decible ratings way low, the setup sounds much more subdued now. did i screw up? what should it be set to?

MCACC automatically set's it's own volume level so that the test tones are ~75dB. It doesn't matter what the volume was when you started. As part of its process, it adjusts the overall volume compared to 0 based on your speakers and room. There is no need to change anything. If you want it louder, turn up the volume. The numbers on the front panel display are useful for reference, but nothing to worry about, and they have no affect on the receiver's performance.
post #11390 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Will do thanks. I have a couple more observations. first, I found that in the Audio Parameter section if I have S-WAVE off the bass becomes boomy. I switch it on and the bass becomes smooth and deep. Second, regarding the harsh, shrill type sound with guitars on CD playback, I found that the S.RTRV setting is the culprit. With it set to ON I get the extra noise. With it off the guitars become clean and clear sounding. Problem is that all together the music sounds better with S.RTRV ON. Also, i've only run the full auto cal to this point. ....

If the music sounds harsh and shrill on guitars with CD and S.RTRV I can't imagine that other music sounds good with it on. What sounds better the low end or the high end with it on using CD sources?

Why would you use S. RTRV on your SC-05 with CD audio. It is specifically designed for compressed audio such as MP3 or heavily compressed digital sources?

The DACS in the SC-05 are superb. Even without S.RTRV I find that 256k WMA sounds fanstastic on my SC-07.

1) What CD audio sources do you have? Some more details will help:

Are you using an HDMI source for your CD playback?
A TOSLINK or analog?
What is your transport device?

Do you have HIBITSAM on? If not turn it on ASAP. That should make a big difference on CD playback if you are using a digital connection.

2) What compressed digital sources are you using? i-Pod? USB thumbdrive?
Wht compression ratios for each?

3) What THX settings do you have engaged? and what listening mode are you using for CD playback? Direct, Pure Direct or Auto Surround?

Are you running DNE? Turn it OFF
How about Dialog Enhancement? Turn it off.
How about Midnight - turn that off.
SACD Gain - turn that off
DRC - be sure that is off too.

Isn't it time someone promoted quality as value?
post #11391 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 06:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL5 View Post

An input switching question for you experts:

I have the SC-05, and I'm planning to get the oppo BDP-83 and use it's analog stereo outputs. My question is, I am using the coax digital input marked "CD" for my Squeezebox. If I use the analog inputs marked "CD" on the SC-05, is there some kind of auto-signal sensing that will recognize what input is active? How will this work with my Harmony 1 remote?

Thanks for any help!

during setup, you can assign the inputs to whatever you want...

you'll program your harmony to switch the avr to the input you want...

post if you get stuck...

- chris

post #11392 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 06:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldithomaso View Post

If the music sounds harsh and shrill on guitars with CD and S.RTRV I can't imagine that other music sounds good with it on. What sounds better the low end or the high end with it on using CD sources?

Why would you use S. RTRV on your SC-05 with CD audio. It is specifically designed for compressed audio such as MP3 or heavily compressed digital sources?

+1...

op, follow through eldithomaso's suggestions...

if it was me, i would start with the xover at 80 and all speakers set to small... and i wouldn't use "plus"... there's a bunch of really good reasons (thoroughly explained in a few places in this thread) why those are the "default suggested settings"...

- chris

post #11393 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 06:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Fixed,thankx man

good deal!

- chris

post #11394 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 07:04 PM
TL5
Advanced Member

Quote:

during setup, you can assign the inputs to whatever you want...

you'll program your harmony to switch the avr to the input you want...

post if you get stuck...

Thanks for the reply. I have already assigned the "CD" digital coax input to my Squeezebox. I don't think you assign analog inputs, so if I use the analog CD inputs, how will the SC-05 know which to use?
post #11395 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 07:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Thanks for the reply. I have already assigned the "CD" digital coax input to my Squeezebox. I don't think you assign analog inputs, so if I use the analog CD inputs, how will the SC-05 know which to use?

good question. i'd "guess" one of two things:

1) digital takes priority, based upon the video priority scheme.

2) it doesn't work at all.

is there a reason why you can't use a different analog input, or re-assign the squeezebox to a different spdif input (i.e. pick an unused input and pick a spdif input and assign it to that)?

- chris

post #11396 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 07:24 PM
TL5
Advanced Member

Quote:

good question. i'd "guess" one of two things:

1) digital takes priority, based upon the video priority scheme.

2) it doesn't work at all.

is there a reason why you can't use a different analog input, or re-assign the squeezebox to a different spdif input (i.e. pick an unused input and pick a spdif input and assign it to that)?

I could use a different input - I was just wondering. I bet the AVR looks for the digital signal first, then analog. When I finally get the Oppo, I'll try it.
post #11397 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldithomaso View Post

The DACS in the SC-05 are superb. Even without S.RTRV I find that 256k WMA sounds fanstastic on my SC-07.

1) What CD audio sources do you have? Some more details will help:

Are you using an HDMI source for your CD playback?
A TOSLINK or analog?
What is your transport device?

Do you have HIBITSAM on? If not turn it on ASAP. That should make a big difference on CD playback if you are using a digital connection.

2) What compressed digital sources are you using? i-Pod? USB thumbdrive?
Wht compression ratios for each?

3) What THX settings do you have engaged? and what listening mode are you using for CD playback? Direct, Pure Direct or Auto Surround?

Are you running DNE? Turn it OFF
How about Dialog Enhancement? Turn it off.
How about Midnight - turn that off.
SACD Gain - turn that off
DRC - be sure that is off too.

The shrill sound is hard to describe. It's only coming from my mains. It's not clean sounding. It's a sound that just kind of trails the guitars. But when all the instruments come in it kind of drowns out that shrill. Lows sound deeper but highs get that shrill noise.

I turned S.RTVR on because it's a more enveloping sound with it on. The it seems to open or widen the music. It is fine with it off, but better to me with it on.

1)My player is a Yamaha DVD S1700. I am using a monoprice HDMI cable but I also tried a toslink.
HIBITSAM is on.
2)none
3)I like the Extended Stereo setting for cd playback.

All the rest you listed I do in fact have turned off.

Don't get me wrong it sounds good. But I gotta get rid of that sound. I can listen to it just fine with S.RTVR off it just doesn't sound as full.
post #11398 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 07:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I could use a different input - I was just wondering. I bet the AVR looks for the digital signal first, then analog. When I finally get the Oppo, I'll try it.

worth a shot. make sure you post your results so we can add it to the first post.

- chris

post #11399 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The shrill sound is hard to describe. It's only coming from my mains. It's not clean sounding. It's a sound that just kind of trails the guitars. But when all the instruments come in it kind of drowns out that shrill. Lows sound deeper but highs get that shrill noise.

I turned S.RTVR on because it's a more enveloping sound with it on. The it seems to open or widen the music. It is fine with it off, but better to me with it on.

1)My player is a Yamaha DVD S1700. I am using a monoprice HDMI cable but I also tried a toslink.
HIBITSAM is on.
2)none
3)I like the Extended Stereo setting for cd playback.

All the rest you listed I do in fact have turned off.

Don't get me wrong it sounds good. But I gotta get rid of that sound. I can listen to it just fine with S.RTVR off it just doesn't sound as full.

Ok. You need to use another setting.
First, I would recommend turning S.RTVR off for sure. I don't care how much it seems to "expand" your soundstage. It is doing very wrong things to CD encoded PCM streams.

Second, open the manual and turn to page (turn off the "Expanded" sound field setting and try these other options):
a) 35 - try your CD sources with Dolby Pro Logic IIx Music turned on
is that better?
b) 36 - try the alternative Neural THX Music - is that better?
c) 36 - try the alternative NEO 6 Music - is that better?

Are your speakers toed in?
Are you sitting in a very very narrow sweet spot?

If those options stink then I suggest you try "Panorama" mode. See page 96
BUT NOTE you have to use it with a Dolby Pro Logic II or IIx Music mode for two channel audio sources.

Isn't it time someone promoted quality as value?
post #11400 of 17105 Old 07-12-2009, 08:06 PM

Hi all,

Just bought an SC-05 last week when BBY was discontinuing them. VERY happy with it so far (even using my old speakers...could immediately tell a different from my Yamaha receiver).

However - I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my LFE setting. When I enable the "plus" in the manual speaker setup, and switch my sub to LFE I get the full spectrum of frequencies through my sub, not just the below 80HZ that the default is set at.

Does anybody have any ideas why? I am baffled, and want to use the .1 channel for the sub versus having it inline with the mains and manually setting the crossover.

TIA,

Erik
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page