Official Pioneer SC-05 and SC-07 Owners Thread - Page 573 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #17161 of 17173 Old 01-13-2017, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Dose anyone know if this receiver was even able to do 3d passthroufh via firmware and also what is the best channel setting and sub db settings

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17162 of 17173 Old 02-14-2017, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcupka View Post
I have a Sony 4k TV and I'm trying to use Optical output from TV to Optical input on my SC-07 for sound on the various apps that came with the Sony. My SC-07 displays 24/192 when playing Amazon video but no sound. I have the TV set for external speakers.
Any ideas?
Any luck with this yet? I am having a similar issue. I am using the optical out from a Samsung 4k TV to my SC-05. When I set the TV to output PCM there is no issue. When I set the TV to output Dolby Digital however, I don't get sound from the TV's internal apps, like Netflix. If I switch the SC-05's input to something else and then back to the input the optical cable is assigned, I magically get sound. Is this some sort of sync or handshake issue? I don't want to use PCM, I want to use DD. I suspect this is the SC-05 not playing nice with the new 4k TV. I have tried setting the the signal select setting of the SC-05 as PCM, Digital and Auto. This doesn't seem to have an impact on the issue. Does anyone have any ideas of where to start troubleshooting?
post #17163 of 17173 Old 03-23-2017, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No audio, just video from 2nd hdmi output

Hi all....Long time no post....I've been running the sc07 for about 6 yrs now with no problems and was just wondering if there's a way to get all sources (audio and video) going into the amp to come out of the amp out of both hdmi outputs at the same time ? Right now I get audio AND video coming out of one but only video from the other one......Inputs are all hdmi.....I have added a 2nd display above the urinal in the "ManCave washroom so nobody misses a play lol.....I had run an hdmi cable as well as coax to that display but theres no way to add more now that it's drywalled etc.....I do have an rf converter that will take analog audio and video and convert it to rf to send to that display so could send the audio separately if there was an output on the amp that outputs audio only....Any help will be greatly appreciated.......D.T

post #17164 of 17173 Old 03-30-2017, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by diverted View Post
Hi all....Long time no post....I've been running the sc07 for about 6 yrs now with no problems and was just wondering if there's a way to get all sources (audio and video) going into the amp to come out of the amp out of both hdmi outputs at the same time ? Right now I get audio AND video coming out of one but only video from the other one......Inputs are all hdmi.....I have added a 2nd display above the urinal in the "ManCave washroom so nobody misses a play lol.....I had run an hdmi cable as well as coax to that display but theres no way to add more now that it's drywalled etc.....I do have an rf converter that will take analog audio and video and convert it to rf to send to that display so could send the audio separately if there was an output on the amp that outputs audio only....Any help will be greatly appreciated.......D.T
Pg.100 of owners manual
post #17165 of 17173 Old 05-09-2017, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi all - I just moved to a new home and am trying to get my SC-05 set up on a 7.1 system with my Panasonic DMP-BDT500 Blu-ray player. I've got the player hooked up through HDMI and outputting bitstream. When playing discs encoded with DTS-HD 7.1 audio tracks and cycling through the various decoder options, I don't see that my L and R rear speakers are lit up on the receiver display, even though I do hear sound coming from the rears. I also don't see anywhere displayed on the receiver that its decoding DTS-HD sound. Running in Standard Surround, I show a 5.1 system (L, C, R, SL, SR) but no SBL and SBR. It also shows DTS+PLIIx Movie, but not DTS-HD. Any suggestions for why I'm not getting 7.1 and DTS-HD?
post #17166 of 17173 Old 07-12-2017, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I need a preamp and was curious if anyone here uses either the 05 or 07 as a 2ch preamp? I am curious about the analog input stage. The older Pioneers among audiophiles were always popular so I thought I would ask here. Thanks in advance

Robin
post #17167 of 17173 Old 07-13-2017, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 21
considering a new Pioneer when we move, since I'll be upgrading to a 65-75" 4K screen (sadly not Pio of course, sigh.....) and my SC05 won't do 4K/HDR.

Looking at the VSX-LX302 to save some money. Not sure I really need the SC crew, and they don't have the connectivity for some reason.
post #17168 of 17173 Old 07-15-2017, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 164
HDMI in, 1080i Component out?

Can I plug an HDMI source...BluRay...into the SC 07 and get 1080i component output for my 1080i component in rear projector? Although I have an HDFury, I'd like to go from HDMI to 1080i directly thrpugh the receiver.

Last edited by taichi4; 07-15-2017 at 05:43 PM.
post #17169 of 17173 Old 07-15-2017, 05:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Here's a follow up question:

If my rear projector has DVI in, can I plug my BluRay into the Pioneer's HDMI in and send the BluRay's video output through the Pioneer's HDMI out to my display, and simultaneously send the player's 5.1 audio output to my speakers?
post #17170 of 17173 Old 07-23-2017, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
considering a new Pioneer when we move, since I'll be upgrading to a 65-75" 4K screen (sadly not Pio of course, sigh.....) and my SC05 won't do 4K/HDR.

Looking at the VSX-LX302 to save some money. Not sure I really need the SC crew, and they don't have the connectivity for some reason.
I have a SC-07 and thinking of an upgrade too. I would like another Pioneer but they don't seem to have the power of my SC-07 which drives all 7 speakers at 140 watts per channel. Is there any comparable receiver with this type of power and supports hdr and ultra 4k hdtvs?
post #17171 of 17173 Old 08-21-2017, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm in the same boat as many here. My SC-05 is great, but getting old and does shut down at times of very high SPL for movies. But, I'm not sure I want to take the risk on the SC-LX901 at this time. I decided to get an Emotiva XPA-7 to give me more power for now, and then pick up a processor next year with a 4-channel amp with and OLED display. My only fear is the frequent report of the Pioneer pre-amp outputs being very low output. I will report what I find. Some SC-07 owners seem to like it.
post #17172 of 17173 Old 08-29-2017, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I hooked up my XPA-7 to my SC-05 last night and had a few issues that I haven't had time to troubleshoot, but thought I would ask about on here. First is that I ran MCACC, which seemed to run fine, but my speaker balance sounded different to me than before. Now I only had time for one show on cable (no movie yet), but the center channel seemed very dominant. Any issues with running MCACC using an separate amplifier off the preamp outs? It should work, right?

Second and more troubling is that my subs are no longer getting any signal. They worked great before hooking up the external amplifier for the mains. Now on MCACC they don't show up at all and of course get no sound. I need to play with this, but is there any chance when the SC-05 shuts off the main speaker amps it somehow knocks out the sub preamp out too? I will try playing with it again tonight.
post #17173 of 17173 Old 09-11-2017, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
After being stored for several years, my SC-05 has developed what appears to be an amplifier issue - works fine for ~20min, then will produce intermittent static and eventually shut down. "AMP ERROR" or similar flashes on the display before it shuts down.

I tried a full reset and external amplifier but encounter the same issue.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Pioneer directed service center wants $90 to evaluate, wondering if there's any hope or if I should just cut my losses & scrap the thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page