"Official" RX-V1900/RX-V3900 Thread - Page 187 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5581 of 6042 Old 01-30-2011, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
MichaelJHuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 18,511
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 71
A lot of the recent traffic on this thread is people picking these models up for a steal-deal.

I want to make my next receiver purchase based on buying last year's model.

My Z7 is still getting the job done, though. I worry though, that with only 4 feet on the bottom, and lack of audiophile quality fuse, I am lacking some detail and soundstage...

"But this one goes up to 11"
MichaelJHuman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5582 of 6042 Old 01-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ralarcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 522
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljhuman View Post

a lot of the recent traffic on this thread is people picking these models up for a steal-deal.

I want to make my next receiver purchase based on buying last year's model.

My z7 is still getting the job done, though. I worry though, that with only 4 feet on the bottom, and lack of audiophile quality fuse, i am lacking some detail and soundstage...

Lol
Ralarcon is offline  
post #5583 of 6042 Old 01-31-2011, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,909
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

A lot of the recent traffic on this thread is people picking these models up for a steal-deal.

I want to make my next receiver purchase based on buying last year's model.

My Z7 is still getting the job done, though. I worry though, that with only 4 feet on the bottom, and lack of audiophile quality fuse, I am lacking some detail and soundstage...

I did the "steal" deal on a 1900 and a Z7....I am selling the 1900 though

And hey..if I can make my next receivers purchase based on buying last years model at 75% off retail....
I am in!!!
Other than some added networking functionality and passing 3D video there is no gain in the new models

I don't really care about the enhanced networking and I bought the 3D blu ray player with 2 HDMI outputs and saved tons of $$$

Its a beautiful thing


Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
post #5584 of 6042 Old 02-01-2011, 02:29 AM
Senior Member
 
JPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

A lot of the recent traffic on this thread is people picking these models up for a steal-deal.

I want to make my next receiver purchase based on buying last year's model.

My Z7 is still getting the job done, though. I worry though, that with only 4 feet on the bottom, and lack of audiophile quality fuse, I am lacking some detail and soundstage...

When I got my 3900 a year ago on for less than $600, I thought that was the deal of a lifetime until BB sold their remaining Z7s for $550 recently! I called the only Magnolia around here and it was too late. Oh well...
JPowers is offline  
post #5585 of 6042 Old 02-01-2011, 03:21 AM
Member
 
Andreas_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Might as well try here as well...

Long story short:

I recently upgraded my old NAD 5.1 amplifier to a RX-V1900, and at the same time went from an old Premium Xbox 360 to a new Slim (hooked up via HDMI).

This has caused a strange audio bug to occur, whereupon the audio from the Yamaha disappears for a split second at random intervals (sometimes several hours) when playing games. When the dropouts occur, the Dolby Digital icon on the amp display flashes briefly as well - possibly indicating some sort of signal loss.

I've even made a short video with a compilation of dropouts in the new Need For Speed - would've posted the link, but the spam-filter means I can't- It's called "Bug-film 2.0" and is on Youtube if you'reinterested...

I've done some research on the topic and has been informed, by a guy claiming to be an audio engineer, that the dropouts happen because the Xbox, when it drops the volume to zero, also drops the audio signal completely. This typically happens when the 360 is loading or changing scenes in games, and means that the amp has to re-detect the audio signal, which is what causes the dropout.

At the same time, I've had a word with one of the guys responsible for the audio hardware in the original 360. He says that the issue could be due to the fact that, while the 360 does output Dolby Digital, it is in a slightly different format from "normal" DD. Some amps might have problems with this, which is what causes the brief dropouts.

I guess I'm looking for other people who have an Xbox 360 hooked up to a V1900, as well as general advice/feedback on what could be the problem - and how to solve it. Have to say that I'm a bit gutted that my new £800 amp isn't working 100%, so any feedback whatsoever is hugely appreciated.

Cheers,

Andreas
Andreas_X is offline  
post #5586 of 6042 Old 02-01-2011, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kriktsemaj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 5,853
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Just a guess, but you could try changing AUDIO SELECT from AUTO to HDMI, to keep it locked on HDMI audio instead of searching for another source if the signal is dropped. There's a button on the front panel and on the remote to change the setting. I'm not sure if it will really help though.
kriktsemaj99 is online now  
post #5587 of 6042 Old 02-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Member
 
Andreas_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah, tried that already and I'm pretty sure I had another dropout after just a few mins. of playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 just now.

This weekend I'll have to do a thorough test with new cables and a different Xbox. If the problem persists I guess I'll have to try and return the Yammy to the dealer - fat chance of them taking it back, though, since technically there isn't anything wrong it. It's (apparently) just a fussy b**ch about the audio it's willing to proces.

Thought it was too good to be true when I nabbed one of the last V1900s in the country - looks like I was right...
Andreas_X is offline  
post #5588 of 6042 Old 02-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Member
 
remav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CO
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_X View Post

Might as well try here as well...

Long story short:

I recently upgraded my old NAD 5.1 amplifier to a RX-V1900, and at the same time went from an old Premium Xbox 360 to a new Slim (hooked up via HDMI).

This has caused a strange audio bug to occur, whereupon the audio from the Yamaha disappears for a split second at random intervals (sometimes several hours) when playing games. When the dropouts occur, the Dolby Digital icon on the amp display flashes briefly as well - possibly indicating some sort of signal loss...

I guess I'm looking for other people who have an Xbox 360 hooked up to a V1900, as well as general advice/feedback...
Cheers,

Andreas

Although I have the RX-Z7 I am experiencing the same problem between it and my TiVo. My 360 Elite does much better, but is not 100% bullet proof; dropping out & popping a few times each game session.

I had a good 3 way call between TiVo, Yamaha, and myself. My opinion, this is a Yamaha problem, period! While it is true that the Yamaha only reacts poorly when the other device throws it a curve in the HDMI signal stream, there are many many lesser HDMI receivers that handle them without issue.

Here's the point that leads me to wholly blame Yamaha and not the other device. If you look at the HDMI specs on the Yamaha, you will see that they never claim it to be fully HDMI 1.2 compliant. What they say is that it is "BASED ON the HDMI 1.2" standard. This means to me that went cheap on the HDMI chips and we are all now paying the price. If it were 1.2 compliant, not only would it not produce these unacceptable dropouts & static POPS, but it would also pass 3D with a simple firmware update. (The much older HDMI on my original 60Gb PS3 has no problems doing so.)

To add insult the Yamaha tech tried to state that this "higher end equipment had stricter manufacturing tollerences & that the TiVo simply wasn't able to hold its output voltage within these limits... and that this was done to "REDUCE WHITE NOISE THAT WOULD BE PRODUCED IF THEY HAD NOT" BS!!!

That's like Ferrari producing a car with little or no steering then blaming the road when it crashes on every corner. (Then claiming the advantage in this design because the tires never screeeech on the corners!)

After researching further I've found TiVo threads going back for years pointing this incompatibility out, yet if you contact Yamaha they act totally caught off guard like they've never heard of such an issue.

I have found no good answers to this. I'm hoping for some device to pop up that will monitor the HDMI bitstream & "fix" the conditions that cause this, but no simple signal booster etc has been effective. (I wouldn't expect them to help) Some BluRay players offer 2 HDMI outputs, one can be used for the audio and one for the video & this seems to solve many issues, but until some intermediate device (affordable) can do the same from a single source, well, you can only do what many of us are doing which is switching to PCM output and losing our 5.1 sound. Anyone with better information? I'm all ears!

I just wish it would work as advertized.
remav is offline  
post #5589 of 6042 Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Member
 
kelseyhorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does anyone know if the 3900 multichannel can you add base management using the yamaha or goes it always have to be the player doing it?
kelseyhorne is offline  
post #5590 of 6042 Old 02-03-2011, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kriktsemaj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 5,853
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 140
There's no bass management (or EQ) on the multichannel analog inputs.
kriktsemaj99 is online now  
post #5591 of 6042 Old 02-03-2011, 06:52 AM
fcb
Advanced Member
 
fcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by remav View Post

Although I have the RX-Z7 I am experiencing the same problem between it and my TiVo. My 360 Elite does much better, but is not 100% bullet proof; dropping out & popping a few times each game session.

I had a good 3 way call between TiVo, Yamaha, and myself. My opinion, this is a Yamaha problem, period! While it is true that the Yamaha only reacts poorly when the other device throws it a curve in the HDMI signal stream, there are many many lesser HDMI receivers that handle them without issue.

Here's the point that leads me to wholly blame Yamaha and not the other device. If you look at the HDMI specs on the Yamaha, you will see that they never claim it to be fully HDMI 1.2 compliant. What they say is that it is "BASED ON the HDMI 1.2" standard. This means to me that went cheap on the HDMI chips and we are all now paying the price. If it were 1.2 compliant, not only would it not produce these unacceptable dropouts & static POPS, but it would also pass 3D with a simple firmware update. (The much older HDMI on my original 60Gb PS3 has no problems doing so.)

To add insult the Yamaha tech tried to state that this "higher end equipment had stricter manufacturing tollerences & that the TiVo simply wasn't able to hold its output voltage within these limits... and that this was done to "REDUCE WHITE NOISE THAT WOULD BE PRODUCED IF THEY HAD NOT" BS!!!

That's like Ferrari producing a car with little or no steering then blaming the road when it crashes on every corner. (Then claiming the advantage in this design because the tires never screeeech on the corners!)

After researching further I've found TiVo threads going back for years pointing this incompatibility out, yet if you contact Yamaha they act totally caught off guard like they've never heard of such an issue.

I have found no good answers to this. I'm hoping for some device to pop up that will monitor the HDMI bitstream & "fix" the conditions that cause this, but no simple signal booster etc has been effective. (I wouldn't expect them to help) Some BluRay players offer 2 HDMI outputs, one can be used for the audio and one for the video & this seems to solve many issues, but until some intermediate device (affordable) can do the same from a single source, well, you can only do what many of us are doing which is switching to PCM output and losing our 5.1 sound. Anyone with better information? I'm all ears!

The only dropouts I get are from my D* receiver. I have had occasional "popping", and got rid of it by re-booting the Yamaha 3900.
Release the manual power button, wait a minute, power back on.

Fred

Don't make 'em like they used to, but charge you double price, promise you steak but give you beans and rice.
Just ain't enough good stuff!

 

Panasonic 65VT60

Yamaha RX-V3900

Ohm Walsh 200 Mk-2

Uverse

HP H8-1360T

fcb is offline  
post #5592 of 6042 Old 02-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Newbie
 
gbadvancero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi people. I've registered for asking this question, whose answer i've been looking a lot in this thread but couldn't find something specific. It's easy:

I have an old Xbox 360 connected via components to a Yamaha RX-V1900. Is it possible or not to have 1080p configured on the xbox 360?? I have read that it is possible as someone with a RX-3900 has it, but i can't figure out how to configure the yamaha. When i put 720p on the xbox there's no problem, byt when i set 1080p, only the sound comes out from the A/V. So, it is possible or not to have 1080p?

Thank you!
gbadvancero is offline  
post #5593 of 6042 Old 02-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Member
 
remav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CO
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbadvancero View Post

Hi people. I've registered for asking this question, whose answer i've been looking a lot in this thread but couldn't find something specific. It's easy:

I have an old Xbox 360 connected via components to a Yamaha RX-V1900. Is it possible or not to have 1080p configured on the xbox 360?? I have read that it is possible as someone with a RX-3900 has it, but i can't figure out how to configure the yamaha. When i put 720p on the xbox there's no problem, byt when i set 1080p, only the sound comes out from the A/V. So, it is possible or not to have 1080p?

Thank you!

Yes, the 360 will do 1080p out of the component connections. I had researched this 3+ yrs ago because I found that not all TVs will accept this signal. (Mitsubishi TVs of that time were one example) I have a Sony XBR4 & it had no problems. The issue is that the component spec (at least at the time) did not include the ability for 1080p, even though there was no real technical issue keeping it from doing so. Check 1st by going directly to your TV. If you don't get a picture the TV is probably at fault. Check your manual. I have not tried this on my new Z7 as I upgraded to an elite 360 & HDMI. Hope this helps.

I just wish it would work as advertized.
remav is offline  
post #5594 of 6042 Old 02-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Newbie
 
gbadvancero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by remav View Post

Yes, the 360 will do 1080p out of the component connections. I had researched this 3+ yrs ago because I found that not all TVs will accept this signal. (Mitsubishi TVs of that time were one example) I have a Sony XBR4 & it had no problems. The issue is that the component spec (at least at the time) did not include the ability for 1080p, even though there was no real technical issue keeping it from doing so. Check 1st by going directly to your TV. If you don't get a picture the TV is probably at fault. Check your manual. I have not tried this on my new Z7 as I upgraded to an elite 360 & HDMI. Hope this helps.

Thank you, the problem anyway is not on the TV but on the yamaha rx-v1900, which is connected to the xbox via components and to an epson proyector via hdmi. When i set the xbox to 720p the rx-v1900 displays the image perfectly, but if it is set to 1080p then nothing is displayed. I've read in this thread that someone could use the rx-v3900 with the xbox connected via components at 1080p but he didnt say how, thats what i'm looking for. The xbox works with components at 1080p perfectly, as i used to connect it to a 24' samsung display.

Thanks for the try anyway
gbadvancero is offline  
post #5595 of 6042 Old 02-08-2011, 05:52 AM
Senior Member
 
MarkSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 360
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbadvancero View Post

Thank you, the problem anyway is not on the TV but on the yamaha rx-v1900, which is connected to the xbox via components and to an epson proyector via hdmi. When i set the xbox to 720p the rx-v1900 displays the image perfectly, but if it is set to 1080p then nothing is displayed. I've read in this thread that someone could use the rx-v3900 with the xbox connected via components at 1080p but he didnt say how, thats what i'm looking for. The xbox works with components at 1080p perfectly, as i used to connect it to a 24' samsung display.

Thanks for the try anyway

The RX-V1900 is not compatible with 1080p over component video.

Mark
MarkSmith is offline  
post #5596 of 6042 Old 02-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Newbie
 
gbadvancero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSmith View Post

The RX-V1900 is not compatible with 1080p over component video.

Mark

Thank you! Just for curiosity, the RX-V3900 is?
gbadvancero is offline  
post #5597 of 6042 Old 02-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Member
 
Andreas_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not one single person has a V1900 hooked up to an Xbox 360?
Andreas_X is offline  
post #5598 of 6042 Old 02-10-2011, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,909
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbadvancero View Post

Thank you! Just for curiosity, the RX-V3900 is?

I have a question

what 1080P capable video source does not have an HDMI output?
that being said...why would then use a 1080P component output...especially since you know the 1900 is not compatible?


Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
post #5599 of 6042 Old 02-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Member
 
remav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CO
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post

I have a question

what 1080P capable video source does not have an HDMI output?
that being said...why would then use a 1080P component output...especially since you know the 1900 is not compatible?


Warren

A: 1) The Original Xbox 360. and... 2) He didn't know.
...and if you know about these things why not answer the remaining valid question regarding the 3900?

(BTW... I hope your 1,233 other posts were more helpful, or at least that you bothered reading the prior 3 or 4 posts so your questions & statements actually added to the threads???)

I just wish it would work as advertized.
remav is offline  
post #5600 of 6042 Old 02-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Member
 
Fasthotrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSmith View Post

The RX-V1900 is not compatible with 1080p over component video.

Mark

That's weird... because I thought it worked just fine at my house.

I recently upgraded my old 65" Mitsubishi HDTV to a 73" Mitsubishi 3D HDTV (WD-73638) and had everything setup with component cables with the 1900 performing the switching.

My DirecTv receiver outputs at 1080i, but my PS3 does 1080p... so I enabled it in the display settings menu of the PS3. I saw the screen change and the PS3 asked me if I would like to keep my settings, and I clicked "yes." It worked like a champ... or so it seemed at the time?

I have since swapped out the component cables with HDMI cables, which caused me a few issues. At first, I just connected a HDMI cable between the 1900 and the TV, hoping to see how the Anchor Bay chip in the 1900 would perform the video conversion from component to HDMI. For some reason, the 1900 would not initially sync up with the TV.

If I would connect the device (D* or PS3) directly using the HDMI cable, the TV worked fine... but with component video inputs into the 1900 and HDMI from the 1900 to the TV, it wouldn't sync up.

I ended up connecting everything with HDMI cables, and now it's working just fine... but the lack of conversion from component video input to HDMI has me scratching my head. I had it working at one point, but I had to do some funky cable swapping exercises to make it happen.

While I like the 1900 so far, there have been a few quirks that have me scratching my head and wondering if mine needs to be sent in for a check-up.
Fasthotrod is offline  
post #5601 of 6042 Old 02-12-2011, 01:43 AM
Newbie
 
techwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, im the proud owner of a RX-V3900 and am pretty impressed with its sound quality and functionality.
Ive bought a bluetooth attachment to stream music from my android phone but find that theres a background hiss on a few tracks. So basically to get rid of that I was looking into streaming music from PCs to the reciever via the web interface and hence got it networked with the main computer which was a project in itself but one i thought would be worth the added sound quality. Now I am finding out that even though the web interface is working (does stuff like switching unit off), frustratingly I havent been able to add any music to the list on the web interface, which i want the unit to play.
Ive been reading around and everywhere windows media player 11 is mentioned in the context of sharing and ive allowed sharing and streaming there to no effect (note I already share folders to WDHDTV live which works flawlessly) - I just cannot drag and drop files into the network interface - Any ideas, Im at a dead end here over the past 3 months and really really need some advice.
techwannabe is offline  
post #5602 of 6042 Old 02-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Member
 
jsjonesavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You probably need one more step.
Go into the settings of the 3900 web interface.
Click mac filter.
Add the mac address of the PC that you're trying to see from the receiver.
See if that helps.
Enjoy
jsjonesavs is offline  
post #5603 of 6042 Old 02-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Newbie
 
techwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsjonesavs View Post

You probably need one more step.
Go into the settings of the 3900 web interface.
Click mac filter.
Add the mac address of the PC that you're trying to see from the receiver.
See if that helps.
Enjoy

Hey just found out that the yammie can stream from the PC using software servers like TVersity quite well the problem with that is that uve got to turn TV On and then use the yammie remote which is quite a pain and kills the experience - so what im looking for is a way to push off PC rather than the amp pulling off PC (btw i can do this quite well with my wdtv live which i can push music from dlna android apps like 2player but the yammie doesnt show up - maybe this has something to do with mac address equivilent for phone). anyway, from a computer, the web browser seems to be like the place where you can put your songs which the amp will then play much like the computer windows media player, but i cant get to make that accept songs.
I tried inputting in the mac addresses which match the format in the tips section of the web page but after apply the reciever resets setting to 0000000, waht it was in teh beginning.
techwannabe is offline  
post #5604 of 6042 Old 02-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Member
 
jsjonesavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think you can use the front panel display to select.

You can't 'push' songs to the 3900, sorry.
You can load a USB stick or an external usb HD and play from there.
jsjonesavs is offline  
post #5605 of 6042 Old 02-18-2011, 05:40 AM
Senior Member
 
scoobygt68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: My Basement
Posts: 353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am currently using the Yamaha rx-v3900 essentially as a processor as I have an Emotiva amp powering my speakers. I recently added two awesome subs to my system and I’m puzzled by an odd occurrence I seem to be noticing. I have the speakers all set to small and crossed over at 80 HZ, the 2 subs are connected via 2 separate sub cables that are connected to the single LFE output of the receiver thru a Y splitter. Whenever I play movies the subs sound great, but during less bass traumatic scenes I notice that the subs make a slightly noticeable bass output. Not a whole lot but enough that I notice it when people are simply talking. For example I watched Iron Man 2 last night and the bass sounded incredible…. but when Tony stark was at the Congressional hearing I could hear the subs adding some bass to Tony Stark’s (and whoever else spoke) speech. This puzzles me as the receiver is set with all the speakers crossed over at 80 HZ, which to me means only frequencies below 80 Hz should be sent to the sub thru the LFE output. Additionally I have the subs crossovers set to 80 HZ as well (actually closer to 75) and yet I am still getting the same occurrence. I have run the auto set up and the sub level is at -2, the bass setting in the tone control is at +1.5, and bass is set to subwoofer (not front or both just subwoofer). Anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?
scoobygt68 is offline  
post #5606 of 6042 Old 02-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Member
 
Andreas_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Might as well try here also: does ANYBODY have a Yamaha RX-V1900 - and an Xbox 360? Would hugely appreciate it if someone would just let me know...

Please?

Andreas
Andreas_X is offline  
post #5607 of 6042 Old 02-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
trolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: E. TN
Posts: 647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm curious what settings people are finding best for Bluray movies; for instance, whether running one of the PEQ's or "Through" which I had a question about - is "Through" basically running with no YPAO? Also, can you use straight or Pure Direct for Blurays and what are the pros and cons between all these. I've been using "flat" since I first ran YPAO but now I'm wondering if there might be a better sounding setup to try/consider.
trolly is offline  
post #5608 of 6042 Old 03-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
trolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: E. TN
Posts: 647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolly View Post

I'm curious what settings people are finding best for Bluray movies; for instance, whether running one of the PEQ's or "Through" which I had a question about - is "Through" basically running with no YPAO? Also, can you use straight or Pure Direct for Blurays and what are the pros and cons between all these. I've been using "flat" since I first ran YPAO but now I'm wondering if there might be a better sounding setup to try/consider.

anyone
trolly is offline  
post #5609 of 6042 Old 03-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Senior Member
 
NoiseGoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_X View Post
Might as well try here also: does ANYBODY have a Yamaha RX-V1900 - and an Xbox 360? Would hugely appreciate it if someone would just let me know...

Please?

Andreas
Yes. A non-slim Elite hooked up via HDMI, outputting Dolby Digital (not WMA), and it does not have the same issues yours does.
NoiseGoth is offline  
post #5610 of 6042 Old 03-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Senior Member
 
cassnlogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Navarre, FL
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm just curious from those who have listened to different speakers with the 3900, do you have a favorite? I've only used Paradigm Studio 40's and now Aperion Audio 632 LR's with an Aperion 5C center. Anybody want to comment on their favorites?
cassnlogan is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off