"Official" Marantz SR5003/6003/7003/8003 Thread - Page 81 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #2401 of 2413 Old 09-21-2014, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
Try a micro processor reset...post #2382 , maybe a couple
Of times. Also unplug unit for about 10 minutes.
Could be fried HDMI board...good luck and report
Back if you can.
Tried both of your suggestions. Not sure I did the reset correctly. Nothing really happened, except it made my volume REALLY loud. Almost like it reset my volume setting. But as far as HDMI issues, it didnt help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2413 Old 09-22-2014, 04:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 5307 Post(s)
Liked: 2678
^^
A microprocessor reset will wipe out the Audyssey settings and restore all settings to factory defaults. Try unplugging all HDMI cables and powering off and unplugging the TV, AVR, and source device for at least 10 minutes. Plug back in the HDMI cables, power cables, then power on the TV. Wait at least 5 seconds, then power on the AVR. Wait at least another 5 seconds and power on a source device. If still no joy, as noted previously, the HDMI board may have been affected so time to call the insurance company.

--------
2015 Denon AVR thread ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
post #2403 of 2413 Old 09-24-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
A microprocessor reset will wipe out the Audyssey settings and restore all settings to factory defaults. Try unplugging all HDMI cables and powering off and unplugging the TV, AVR, and source device for at least 10 minutes. Plug back in the HDMI cables, power cables, then power on the TV. Wait at least 5 seconds, then power on the AVR. Wait at least another 5 seconds and power on a source device. If still no joy, as noted previously, the HDMI board may have been affected so time to call the insurance company.
In case it is indeed the HDMI board, can anyone estimate what kind of cost I'm looking at? Am I looking at something like $100/ $400/ or $800 range? Nothing specific requested, just want to prepare myself for what I might be in for.
post #2404 of 2413 Old 09-24-2014, 06:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^
$500.

--------
2015 Denon AVR thread ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
post #2405 of 2413 Old 09-25-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
^^
$500.
Yikes. Thanks for the info. I'll have to decide if its even worth repairing...
post #2406 of 2413 Old 09-25-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
^^
$500.
Wow, I too had no idea it would be so much!

My Marantz sr5003 is still doing fine, being
Relegated to partime bedroom use.

I've been saying for several years now that
Modern electronics are disposable...after warranty
Is expired it is simply put, too expensive to get them
Repaired.

Just my opinion.
post #2407 of 2413 Old 09-30-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
Wow, I too had no idea it would be so much!

My Marantz sr5003 is still doing fine, being
Relegated to partime bedroom use.

I've been saying for several years now that
Modern electronics are disposable...after warranty
Is expired it is simply put, too expensive to get them
Repaired.

Just my opinion.
Just got the estimate back from the Marantz authorized dealer. Indeed, HDMI board needs replacing. Total cost will be $400... I'm gonna think about it for a couple of days...
post #2408 of 2413 Old 10-31-2014, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Add mine to the list. As you note my username, I built my HT in 2009 with the SR5003. Now, about 5 years of service and its got the same dreaded fast flashing light. Tried a few things and checked the fuse which is OK, nothing has worked. Seems a new receiver is in order. Was thinking just going the OPPO route and getting a BD player and using my current Power amp without receiver. Easy way to save 700-1000. Glad I found this thread, thought I had done something wrong.
post #2409 of 2413 Old 11-25-2014, 10:14 AM

Voltage Range or Specs?

Turns out my blown HDMI board was caused by a power company [Southern California Edison (SCE)] underground vault explosion. I filed a claim with SCE to have them payfor my repairs, they denied my claim. In speaking with them, I learned about their position, and reasons for denial.

They admit they had an equipment failure in my complex, on the subject date. BUT, they claim the failure did not result in any voltage spikes that caused my equipment damage. I asked how they knew there were no spikes, and I was told that BECAUSE NONE OF MY LARGE APPLIANCES SUCH AS DISHWASHER, REFRIDGERATOR, ETC WERE DAMAGED, THEY KNOW THERE WAS NOT ANY VOLTAGE SPIKES.

It seems their entire reasoning, (and justification for denying my claim) is based on a premise that any voltage spike, however small would FIRST NEED to damage large appliances before any AV equipment. Does this seem reasonable?

The power surge damaged two pieces of electronic equipment, my cable box and the AV receiver. I talked to the Marantz tech who is servicing my receiver, and he said these components are digital, so they are MORE sensitive than large appliances.

Does anyone know of any literature or specifications that are related to voltage ranges, etc? I'm looking for a way to refute the premise that large appliances HAVE to be damaged before an AV receiver.

Thanks in advance for any input.
post #2410 of 2413 Old 01-03-2015, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwang100 View Post
Turns out my blown HDMI board was caused by a power company [Southern California Edison (SCE)] underground vault explosion. I filed a claim with SCE to have them payfor my repairs, they denied my claim. In speaking with them, I learned about their position, and reasons for denial.

They admit they had an equipment failure in my complex, on the subject date. BUT, they claim the failure did not result in any voltage spikes that caused my equipment damage. I asked how they knew there were no spikes, and I was told that BECAUSE NONE OF MY LARGE APPLIANCES SUCH AS DISHWASHER, REFRIDGERATOR, ETC WERE DAMAGED, THEY KNOW THERE WAS NOT ANY VOLTAGE SPIKES.

It seems their entire reasoning, (and justification for denying my claim) is based on a premise that any voltage spike, however small would FIRST NEED to damage large appliances before any AV equipment. Does this seem reasonable?

The power surge damaged two pieces of electronic equipment, my cable box and the AV receiver. I talked to the Marantz tech who is servicing my receiver, and he said these components are digital, so they are MORE sensitive than large appliances.

Does anyone know of any literature or specifications that are related to voltage ranges, etc? I'm looking for a way to refute the premise that large appliances HAVE to be damaged before an AV receiver.

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and have a quick question. Can anyone please advise if the item as per the attached link is the correct replacement microphone as relates to the Audyssey calibration feature? I can't seem to find the microphone that came with the unit anywhere...

Thank you so much!

PS. My apologies, but it appears that the forum will not allow me to post a link given my newbie status; therefore, please refer to

ASIN#B002AKKL1G
Model#ACM1

Thank you and I apologize for the extra step!!
post #2411 of 2413 Old 01-04-2015, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmar4015 View Post
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and have a quick question. Can anyone please advise if the item as per the attached link is the correct replacement microphone as relates to the Audyssey calibration feature? I can't seem to find the microphone that came with the unit anywhere...

Thank you so much!

PS. My apologies, but it appears that the forum will not allow me to post a link given my newbie status; therefore, please refer to

ASIN#B002AKKL1G
Model#ACM1

YES, that is the correct microphone for your Marantz.
(Have the orignal Box that the mic came in)
post #2412 of 2413 Old 01-04-2015, 07:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwang100 View Post

HDMI boards are much more sensitive. You should just make a claim on your home owner's insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmar4015 View Post
Hello all,

Thank you so much!

ASIN#B002AKKL1G
Model#ACM1

You can use either ACM1 or newer ACM1HB.

--------

post #2413 of 2413 Old 01-04-2015, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you for the help!

Much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page