post #1261 of 1267 Old 08-26-2012, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by arftech View Post

I just bought a used Z7 that will be used as a Pre/Pro. However, after installing the latest firmware update, the net light indicator stays on while the unit is powered off. Is this normal?

Yes, it's normal if Network Standby is set to On (which is needed if you want to turn it on via a network command). If you don't need to do that, or pass HDMI signals when in standby mode, then you can turn off those two features and avoid wasting power when in standby mode (the Z7 was one of the first models to support HDMI passthrough in standby mode, but unlike the new models it uses 60-90W to do it!).

If you didn't get the manual, you can download the PDF from Yamaha's web site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1267 Old 02-13-2013, 01:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello again people, the newbie here, smile.gif

I would like to use a seperate amp for the front three speakers. I purchased some MartinLogan speakers. If I use the preouts from the Z7, (LR+C) to drive a 3 channel amp, will the rear speakers and sub still be
driven by the Z7?
Will I be able to control the volume with the remote? I ask because I read somewhere in the manual that using the preamp
outs will stop the power from coming from the Z7. I am not sure how it does that.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Doug

post #1263 of 1267 Old 12-26-2013, 03:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
For what it's worth . . .

For years, yes - YEARS - I've had a problem with HDMI related dropouts with my setup.

NO dropouts when watching blu-rays on my Oppo (HDMI to RX-Z7 & HDMI to Panasonic TCP-65V10 display), and NO dropouts when watching a DVD from my Sony 400-disc changer (component to RX-Z7), but consistently having issues when watching SD or HD cable programs through my Comcast SA8300HDC STB (HDMI to RX-Z7). If I told you everything I've tried to cure this you wouldn't believe me. BUT, I hated the thought of leaving the one-cable connection world.

After spending MORE money changing all of my HDMI cables over to the Monoprice "Redmere" cables with no luck, I was just about to throw in the towel. Did a LOT more reading here on the Forums and decided to double-check the video settings on my RX-Z7 one last time. Ah-hah! I switched the "HDMI-to-HDMI" video signal processing setting from "Processing" to "Through".

Voila! So far so good, and it's been nearly a week since I made the change. Still keeping my fingers crossed, but I believe it's truly fixed now! Whew!
mikejedi123 and theSteam like this.

Best regards,
Lloyd C.

post #1264 of 1267 Old 03-23-2014, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Glad to hear your issues are resolved..the Z7 is a fine unit.. i am using it as a pre/pro to power my parasound amps and love it!! It still sounds nice even as a pre/pro and with my oppo 105d... I think the only few things that can better it is a Yamaha cx-A5000 or a Marantz av8801... (when the funds allow, i am leaning he CX-a5000's way! ) smile.gif Have fun!
Lloyd-TX likes this.
post #1265 of 1267 Old 03-24-2014, 07:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejedi123 View Post

Glad to hear your issues are resolved..the Z7 is a fine unit.. i am using it as a pre/pro to power my parasound amps and love it!! It still sounds nice even as a pre/pro and with my oppo 105d... I think the only few things that can better it is a Yamaha cx-A5000 or a Marantz av8801... (when the funds allow, i am leaning he CX-a5000's way! ) smile.gif Have fun!

Thanks, Mike.

Still NOT ONE "drop-out" to this day. Definitely cured! smile.gif

Best regards,
Lloyd C.

post #1266 of 1267 Old 04-07-2014, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alright everyone I am looking for a new receiver to replace my old Denon that doesn't even have HDMI. I need recommendations please trying to be budget conscious (unless I wait). I am running 2 Monitor 60's and a CS2 for the front and 4 Monitor 40's for the surrounds. I saw newegg had a good deal on a Yamaha today http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0MJ-0022-00014

What are your thoughts on it I'd like to stay in the $400-$900 range but the cheaper the better. I defiantly want something with network capability.

Thanks
post #1267 of 1267 Old 04-08-2014, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 142
You'd have more luck with questions about the 775 in this thread.

But yes, that's a good deal. It's last year's model and the x77 series is starting to appear, but there's not a big difference.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page