Yamaha RX-Z7 reciever. - Page 44 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

Old 07-03-2016, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsny View Post
Hi Doug. Could you please email me a copy of Receiver Manager for the Yamaha RX-Z7. I have searched all over for it but all URLs seem to be dead. My email is dsny then at then comcast then dot then net. Thanks. Drew
Done

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2016, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just upgraded my speakers & would really appreciate some advice regarding using the RX-Z7's internal amps vs pre/pro. (The thick bundle of cables entering the back of my cabinet makes me laugh until I want to change something... then I cry.) Any advice much appreciated!!!

I recently acquired 4 Outlaw Audio M-200 Mono block Amps. (Circa 2003, 200w @ 8ohms - 300w @ 4ohms.)
Would anyone suggest not using these instead of the Z7's internal amps?
Would using 2 (L & R) be asking for sound trouble due to matching issues with the center? (I could use 3, but then I wouldn't have a pair for the surrounds.)

My 5 main speakers, all NHT Classic Series, (4's, 3's, & a 3C) So on paper The Classic 4's which are 6 ohm should match well with the M-200's at their rating of 250w.

I now have my old NHT Super Two towers & Super One bookshelves to think about adding in as rear and/or presence speakers. Same basic question regarding their amp, but using my old (1985 Yamaha M-45 stereo Amp)
too old?

If you were going to hook this up is it a no-brainer to go with the external amps? How would you suggest?
Again, any tips much appreciated - Thanks!

I just wish it would work as advertized.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement