Harman Kardon AVR 7550HD (2008 announcement) - Page 55 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
post #1621 of 1623 Unread Today, 11:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30cabrio View Post
Seems HK is out of the real AVR business. I have been having a problem with actual surround modes working (PS3 set to a\uto s is the AVR3700) and I am getting 5 channel surround displayed. I called my contact and got a dead extension & emailed & got an auto responder he is no longer there.

There was an email address to messsage in his response I forwarded to a week ago & nada.

Calls to their "support" number got me nowhere.
HK has basically abandoned the AVR/audio component categories. Though Harman International is doing very well financially due to a strong OE 12V infotainment biz, the AVR marketing/development team was disbanded and handed off to China...

When the Harman family was active in the audio component biz before they retired in 2009, they had a passion to deliver butt-kickin audio stuff.. Now in place is a totally different management team with other priorities pushing other categories such as wireless BT speakers, headphones, pro-audio. A big reason is the financial collapse of the profit structure for the AVR category, with the tremendous impact of the internet sellers certain brands tried to build market share with aggressive entry-priced AVRs.. Instead of building and increasing the global AVR market size and delivering value, they cut down component quality, shortened the warranties and delivered a cheaper, lower performance product.. The strategy backfired, the market grew in terms of units sold but total $ and generated profits vaporized...
And now certain audio premier brands have failed financially and many have been bought out by other $ ventures groups... Check out Marantz, Denon, Onkyo, Pioneer and U can better understand what happened.
Thanks for listening... ☺️☺️

Just my $0.02...
dmb12679 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1623 Unread Today, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12679 View Post
What is the problem with your 3700 processing? What are you trying to run?

I was getting whatever mode the disk(s) were set to (DTS, DD) etc.

Now with the PS3 set to auto via HDMI or optical I get 5 channel PCM, set to manual I get Logic 7.
post #1623 of 1623 Unread Today, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Code View Post
HK has basically abandoned the AVR/audio component categories. Though Harman International is doing very well financially due to a strong OE 12V infotainment biz, the AVR marketing/development team was disbanded and handed off to China...

When the Harman family was active in the audio component biz before they retired in 2009, they had a passion to deliver butt-kickin audio stuff.. Now in place is a totally different management team with other priorities pushing other categories such as wireless BT speakers, headphones, pro-audio. A big reason is the financial collapse of the profit structure for the AVR category, with the tremendous impact of the internet sellers certain brands tried to build market share with aggressive entry-priced AVRs.. Instead of building and increasing the global AVR market size and delivering value, they cut down component quality, shortened the warranties and delivered a cheaper, lower performance product.. The strategy backfired, the market grew in terms of units sold but total $ and generated profits vaporized...
And now certain audio premier brands have failed financially and many have been bought out by other $ ventures groups... Check out Marantz, Denon, Onkyo, Pioneer and U can better understand what happened.
Thanks for listening... ☺️☺️

Just my $0.02...

Thanks for the informative post as usual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page