Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 751 Old 01-23-2012, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDraken View Post

it'll be different to an MDC upgraded HD, as the new MDC is only a video module.

Sorry I can't find that information on the page! In the T175 forum someone wrote that he contacted NAD regarding the T187 which is the successor of the T175HD the smaller processor from NAD. There NAD also clearly stated that it is more or less the same as the T175HD except it does not scale anymore. I strongly think the same is true for the M15HD. I will wait untill NAD incorporates at least Audyssey XT or even 9 channel support! In my opinion the whole new NAD processor lineup for 2012 is a only cosmetic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 751 Old 01-23-2012, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by westmd View Post

Sorry I can't find that information on the page!

It is the first *) footnote. But other than the integrated mic preamp for Audyssey XT and the MV15 video board it does appear pretty much the same as M15HD.

The distributor in my country simply replaced the model M15HD in the catalog with M15HD2. So it kind of looks like that is the only model NAD will be manufacturing from now on - and M15HDs are sold as long as the current stock lasts. IMHO anyway.

Sure Audyssey XT32 and DSX and LFC would have been very nice, but at least the additional channels would be quite difficult to add to the existing product. Anyway, I'm very happy with my M15HD (no MV15 yet) as compared to T175 (first model) that had previously. The sound is simply more detailed and refined. And what with ppl reporting about the latest Tx75 firmware, it could be possible that NAD could fix the muting of the first second of digital audio signal also in the M15HD. And maybe they could then get on and fix the video frame rate bug too - should be doable since the system does recoqnize the information from the incoming signal and can show the info on screen/display..
post #633 of 751 Old 01-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

Sorry I can't find that information on the page! In the T175 forum someone wrote that he contacted NAD regarding the T187 which is the successor of the T175HD the smaller processor from NAD. There NAD also clearly stated that it is more or less the same as the T175HD except it does not scale anymore. I strongly think the same is true for the M15HD. I will wait untill NAD incorporates at least Audyssey XT or even 9 channel support! In my opinion the whole new NAD processor lineup for 2012 is a only cosmetic!

Does anyone need 9 channel support? I can't see it being any benefit unless you have a cinema sized room for your setup.
Generally NAD products have had less bells and whistles, preferring to focus on audio quality rather than "bling". I haven't heard any of the audyssey DSX etc products sounding nearly as good as a simple M15 non-HD...

The HD2 will have multiEQ XT, but as I wrote you won't be able to upgrade a HD to that as you need a mic amp etc. and the MV15 MDC is only video.
post #634 of 751 Old 01-23-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:

The HD2 will have multiEQ XT, but as I wrote you won't be able to upgrade a HD to that as you need a mic amp etc. and the MV15 MDC is only video.

The Normal HD also has MultEQXT and pro capability?
post #635 of 751 Old 01-24-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNetRunner View Post

Anyway, I'm very happy with my M15HD (no MV15 yet) as compared to T175 (first model) that had previously. The sound is simply more detailed and refined.

Did you compare the M15HD with any other brands /models?
post #636 of 751 Old 01-24-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:

The Normal HD also has MultEQXT and pro capability?

Doesn't it only have Audyssey pro? The HD2 has a mic amp and MultiEQ XT mic included which I believe the HD didn't?
post #637 of 751 Old 01-24-2012, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Did you compare the M15HD with any other brands /models?

No I did not. Bought my previous T175 based on reputation, and because in that price range it was either NAD or Marantz pre-pro. =) But, since I was somewhat unhappy with the bugs/teething problems in the original T175 I got the M15HD.

Quote:

Doesn't it only have Audyssey pro? The HD2 has a mic amp and MultiEQ XT mic included which I believe the HD didn't?

Yes, M15HD has only Audyssey Pro capability.
post #638 of 751 Old 02-14-2012, 09:29 AM

Does the M15 when configured w/o a center channel have sense enough to attenuate the signal sent to both L & R fronts so that the center channel content is not 3dB to loud?
post #639 of 751 Old 03-16-2012, 10:06 AM

How very nice that the newest iteration of NAD's flagship AV Surround Sound Preamplifier adds HDMI 1.4 compliance --- but at what price? The price is that NAD has eliminated the video scaler from this product. As the very fine Sigma Designs VXP video scaler was the heart of the unit, even blowing away the integrated scalers of $4000+ plasma displays, NAD has delivered a product suitable only for Blu-Ray video sources. If they are replacing a fine scaler with a simple HDMI switch, and only adding CEC capability, then they should reduce the price of the unit. One can only hope NAD may actually wish to respond to the actual needs of their customers and correct this mis-step with a better video MDC module. As for now, I will be trading my M15HD in for a more suitable unit with 2 HDMI 1.4 compliant outputs.
post #640 of 751 Old 03-22-2012, 05:16 AM

MV15 MDC Network Control?

Does anyone know what they mean with that?

Is there an app in development for controlling the M15HD, or is there a program in development for a network connected computer to control the M15HD?
post #641 of 751 Old 04-20-2012, 08:51 PM

Hi

can anyone help me please with the latest M15HD firmware files. I am based in southern Thailand with zero local support,thanks.
post #642 of 751 Old 05-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hi guys!

Did anyone see a online review of the HD2? I tried, but could only find some reviews of the old model

I am considering this for replacing my Thule PR350, as an alternative to the Onkyo 5509.
post #643 of 751 Old 05-27-2012, 11:30 AM

Liked: 11
Hi Webmonkey
As far as I can read, the 5509 is also a really great processor - I haven't heard it and haven't seen any comparison between the two. Sound quality wise there may be small differences, but you'll probably enjoy both equally.

For a brief moment I have thought about the getting the 5509 instead of the M15 because it is avalable in black and would match my other components. But I like the NAD too much. I'm afraid the Onkyo doesn't have the same sound signature as the NAD, which may be silly, but I'm not in the mood for taking any chances. Also the NAD simply just feels more exclusive to me. The remote feels like it is made of metal and it has just the right type and amount of buttons - just like the processor itself actually. A friend has the 5508, and I find the menus overwhelming and too confusing. The Onkyo simply has too many options to my taste, and it is more like a mass produced product without the same quality feel to it.

But all this is my very subjective opinion, so you may have other criterias that are more important to you.
post #644 of 751 Old 05-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svend P View Post

Hi Webmonkey
As far as I can read, the 5509 is also a really great processor - I haven't heard it and haven't seen any comparison between the two. Sound quality wise there may be small differences, but you'll probably enjoy both equally.

For a brief moment I have thought about the getting the 5509 instead of the M15 because it is avalable in black and would match my other components. But I like the NAD too much. I'm afraid the Onkyo doesn't have the same sound signature as the NAD, which may be silly, but I'm not in the mood for taking any chances. Also the NAD simply just feels more exclusive to me. The remote feels like it is made of metal and it has just the right type and amount of buttons - just like the processor itself actually. A friend has the 5508, and I find the menus overwhelming and too confusing. The Onkyo simply has too many options to my taste, and it is more like a mass produced product without the same quality feel to it.

But all this is my very subjective opinion, so you may have other criterias that are more important to you.

I bet that the M15 is going to own the Onkyo when it comes to pure music playback - but what about the rest? :-D
post #645 of 751 Old 05-28-2012, 12:03 PM

Some pictures of my current setup with the M15HD on the right:

I use Rotel 1572 and 1510 power amplifiers and a HFX media center.

Sorry for the blurry pictures. My camera is also a mobilephone http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
post #646 of 751 Old 05-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Nice. I have the sunfire seven~400 :-)
post #647 of 751 Old 06-17-2012, 05:45 AM
DW

Does anyone know how to make this work?I have a Oppo BDP-95 with two HDMI out since the M15HD does not support the 3D I run the 2nd to the TV and the other to the NAD for sound when I choose the input on the TV for 3D pic and the normal input on the Nad for watching Blu Ray I do not get DTS Master audio signal.It is fine until I choose the other input on the TV. Thanks for any input.The new module I was told is 950.00 a little pricey.
post #648 of 751 Old 07-31-2012, 10:00 PM

Anyone have and/or used the audyssey kit with this? Im having an issue with dvd-a not outputting lfe. This only happens with Audyssey engaged.
post #649 of 751 Old 08-01-2012, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW View Post

Does anyone know how to make this work?I have a Oppo BDP-95 with two HDMI out since the M15HD does not support the 3D I run the 2nd to the TV and the other to the NAD for sound when I choose the input on the TV for 3D pic and the normal input on the Nad for watching Blu Ray I do not get DTS Master audio signal.It is fine until I choose the other input on the TV. Thanks for any input.The new moduleI was told is 950.00 a little pricey.

Sounds like an EDID or handshake issue. The tv is setting the EDID for both outputs when it is on and connected. The EDID for the TV is two channel without DTS Master audio.I have not use the Oppo,so I don't know the 2 HDMI outputs are set up. With a matrix HDMI switcher you can set the EDID to be the surround processor. I am a bit behind on fixes for EDID issues,but Gefen has a product that could solve the problem.
http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproduct.jsp?prod_id=8005
post #650 of 751 Old 08-01-2012, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbua5150 View Post

Anyone have and/or used the audyssey kit with this? Im having an issue with dvd-a not outputting lfe. This only happens with Audyssey engaged.

I recall having the same problem a couple of years ago with an M15HD. We actually got a replacement at the time and I cant recall exactly what the problem was ,but It had something to do with the audio resolution settings. If digital audio resolution is set to 96k the LFE is turned off. Something like that. I would certainly update your firmware as well.
post #651 of 751 Old 08-01-2012, 04:24 AM
Advanced Member

Any rumors of updates to this processor? It is getting so long in the tooth :-(
post #652 of 751 Old 08-01-2012, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post

Any rumors of updates to this processor? It is getting so long in the tooth :-(
I heard sometime ago they were going to show an upgrade at CEDIA. Audyssey with XT32 was a highlight mentioned.
post #653 of 751 Old 08-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

now this is what I am looking for. Better sit tight and wait until September :-)
post #654 of 751 Old 09-05-2012, 07:43 AM

Any News on the latest on M15HD2 from Cedia 2012?
post #655 of 751 Old 10-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Advanced Member

hmm... nothing about XT32 upgrade or the the return of THX :-(

- Did any of you current owners upgrade from a more maintream processor or receiver to the M15? And what do you think of the change?
post #656 of 751 Old 10-05-2012, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

No sign of XT32 for this year. Too bad it would be a killer combination.
post #657 of 751 Old 10-05-2012, 05:21 AM
Advanced Member

hmm. true - I do not know why NAD removed the THX from the later iterations of the M15 - I do trust that the unit could easily pass certification, but what I am looking for in THX is the processing that just makes the surround "bubble" bigger :-)
post #658 of 751 Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 PM

I have heard conflicting accounts as to the usefullness of the onboard Audyssey program, and before spending the cash on the microphone and kit I was wondering if using the Audyssey Sound Equalizer instead would make a difference. It was suggested that it might be better in another forum; thoughts?
post #659 of 751 Old 10-10-2012, 07:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 118

Depends.  A while back, the SEQ was more potent than the versions built into other equipment.  However, even then, it entailed redundant A/D/A conversions that the built-ins did not.  More recently, the best implementations of Audyssey XT and XT32 have surpassed the capabilities of the SEQ which has not been updated.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #660 of 751 Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 AM

Kal,
Do you think that the Audyssey Pro is user friendly? Also, are there any firmware updates that would be useful installing in a 2 year old M15HD?
Thanks
G
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Nad

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page