NAD M15HD Surround Sound Processor - Page 24 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #691 of 765 Old 05-13-2013, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle View Post

We are NAD dealers and have been requesting a XT32 upgrade for the M15 for a couple of years. No real response,but you know they are working on it. We have sold 3 of the current M15HD2 and all have been working fine for several years now.

As far as i know, M15HD2 is only released in late 2011 and many dealers dont get the stock until beginning of 2012..how could you have sold the HD2 version to your customers for a few years? smile.gif Perhaps you're talking bout the HD version instead? For those units you have sold and running fine, consider yourself lucky by not having your customers breathing down your throat over repeated failures should they have gotten lemon units in the first place. I wont have swear on them if i were you because anytime if any of the lemon units were sold through you, you'll biting your own words and only then you know what's the sheer frustration i am talking bout. Anyway, I got my sets directly from Lenbrook outlet as factory A stock.

Just google around and the reliability issue on NAD is all over the place..it's not my intention to bad mouth the company but as a real owner owning NAD gears, i can vote to say that their products dont seem to perform consistently from time to time and durability wise it's also questionable. Mind you, i splashed over $10k worth of NAD Master gears which said a lot of my initial confidence with them but imagine if you're to spend such amount and got such treatment, what'll be your reaction then? mad.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 765 Old 05-13-2013, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyDeg View Post

Very unfortunate to be a happy owner and then having that amount of trouble! I would have torn the hair off my scalp... Even though it sounds like they tried it's easy to lose faith in a company that handle things unsatisfactory. If I do descide to splurge money on this processor (instead of the Marantz AV8801) I'd better add an extended 5-year warranty from my dealer, I'm thinking. Just in case. Too many reported problems lately is worrisome.

I would rather have products that works faultlessly for years irregardless of the warranty period. Think bout it, even with the extended warranty period, you'll be deprived from listening and enjoying your system when you need to "de-stress" yourself if they went lemon.

Of course there's no such thing as 100% fault free products but the realistic expectation from consumers should be of that should products failed to perform up to its intended functions/purpose, manufacturer should act promptly to get the units replaced/fixed with minimum down time for those who spent on their products. That's what is really unacceptable when we're in the 2000 century but some manufacturers still holding on to the 1900 century attitude.
post #693 of 765 Old 05-13-2013, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyDeg View Post

That certainly is one thing that is holding me back also, apart form these reported quality/reliability issues. But, given their MDC devotion I would assume they are indeed working on bringing a new module with XT32. It's just taking them WAY too long!

I was also sold on their modular construction where boards can be upgraded in the future so the unit is more "future proof". There're quite a few attempt on the modular construction from other comparable companies but many seem to have dropped the feature in the end with either no release of newer boards as promised and/or plagued with complexity/faults that cannot be reasonably solved. Rotel RSP-1098 is one good example of the modular design and it even comes with a monitor built in which if the idea is pursued right, this processor can be forever upgraded but it was rather discontinued by Rotel for "some" reasons unknown and no direct replacement model subsequently to date.

From my understanding as far as NAD modular construction goes, there's no TRUE analog path in their modular design models where every signal comes in irregardless analog/digital is converted to digital and got reprocessed for output. Meaning, it's A / D and then D / A for their modular construction to work. This can be a detrimental for those who're looking for REAL analog patch for ultimate direct and pure signal and perhaps why many other companies choose to stick with non-modular design for years as one of their design philosophy.

post #694 of 765 Old 05-16-2013, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys, I am new here and this is my first post.
I have just purchased the nad M25 and the M15 HD2. I am still waiting for the M15 HD2 to be delivered. I am now worried as I thought I would save a little by purchasing the M15 refurbished.

What should I be looking for to make sure I have not purchased someone's old problem?

Thank you
post #695 of 765 Old 05-17-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclist247 View Post

I have just purchased the nad M25 and the M15 HD2. I am still waiting for the M15 HD2 to be delivered. I am now worried as I thought I would save a little by purchasing the M15 refurbished.

What should I be looking for to make sure I have not purchased someone's old problem?

Thank you

I wont know. My 1st returned sets were subsequently sold to other customers and according to the manufacturer to date they havent experienced the problem i have encountered. But do you believe such "politically correct" claim? There's a chance the "refurbs" might be more reliable as it has been thoroughly checked by the technician and should work as intended.

Just google around, Check DSP, sudden death, fan noise, weird behavior..these are common issue for this brand. If i were you, i'll just get the refund and look elsewhere because you'll need huge dose of luck on this. 3 M15HD which essentially the M15HD2 without HDMI v1.4 + 1 M15HD2 owners has reported the unit blown up in smoke, sudden death, Check DSP issue and mind you, AVS Forum doesnt represent ALL NAD owners out there but merely those who goes online and forum to seek out insight and sharing so the problem could be wider spread than you thought. Users feedback is the most accurate way to judge the overall ownership experience.

Check for loud hissing noise if you still going to proceed with your purchases and i sincerely hope your luck isnt as bad as those who voiced out here.
post #696 of 765 Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 AM

I recently purchased a M25 and the M15 HD2. This was not an impulse purchase but one that I have been planning on for a few years.

Both the M25 and the M15 were hooked up and programed. I have one complaint. Why did I wait so many years? The sound I am getting is better than what I heard on the show room floor. Of course my room is a lot bigger.

There are a few bugs with the iPhone app, but may be related to the firmware I have on the M15.
post #697 of 765 Old 05-22-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:

Thank you

Quote:

I recently purchased a M25 and the M15 HD2. This was not an impulse purchase but one that I have been planning on for a few years.

Both the M25 and the M15 were hooked up and programed. I have one complaint. Why did I wait so many years? The sound I am getting is better than what I heard on the show room floor. Of course my room is a lot bigger.

There are a few bugs with the iPhone app, but may be related to the firmware I have on the M15.

Dude, you know what's the impression i got from reading your 2 posts here? It's like a machine generating answers for some list of FAQs. You first post sounded like a new kid on the block for some NAD Master gears to which you're concerned of the problems you might face after reading from this topic discussion.

Then you re-iterate that you bought the NAD Master series gears and stated that it's not an impulsive purchases in your 2nd posting. I meant, come on, who is for gears at this price? I have been eyeing NAD Master series since 2007 when it's launched but never made the switch because i read many users feedback and actually has experienced the old T163 and T973 combo where i swapped 2 sets for issues out of the box (the first sets has the processor unable to process digital input while the power amp has unlit indicators at the front and the 2nd sets the power amp has non stopping cooling fans spinning at its full speed louder even than my desk fan) and got refunded right after when i told them i have enough of bring it in and back home exercise. But i was still very impressed with NAD designs and the philosophy of them sticking to "what matters most". Unfortunately after almost 10 good years down the road trying out a few other brands, i trusted that NAD under Lenbrook would have done much better and took the plunge again..and you know the rest of the story goes..

So i also have complaints..why after so many years it's still as "faulty" as it was back then in 2004? I dont condemn NAD sound or the way it looks or even its philosophy. It's the reliability issue that gets to the very nerve of me and perhaps to many who owned the NAD and spent quite a handful of time getting it right subsequently with the dealer and Lenbrook itself. Hence, if you're genuinely a new comer to NAD gears, congrats to your new purchases and hope that your units will stay reliable as long as you're owning them and brings you many hours of happiness. Else if you're not the real end user here (since you registered very recently to AVS Forum to announce your purchase and speak of politically correct statements), help the NAD owners out by making concious feedback to Lenbrook in improving the products reliability hence longevity for good. I really have enough of the down time with the NAD Master gears i owned as i never had before since i started my hifi hobby being deprived from movie/music for so long. That adds frustration and sheer grunt and sadness toward the brand.

May NAD hears this out.
post #698 of 765 Old 05-22-2013, 08:53 PM

hifi4hobby, I hear your pain, but just not feeling it.

I took your advise and googled NAD M15 issues and check DSP and everything else i could think of. Yep your right, there are a few issues. But do we think NAD only sold 100 of these?

Who gets gear at this price? Not sure what your asking.

Anyways, like I said. I am blown away not only by the build quality, but most by the sound of my new gear.
I just ordered a rack so it should be in next week. I think I have decided on the Rega RP6 and I'll be picking up my uncles records that have been stored at my parents for the last 20 years.

Don't mind my current rack!
post #699 of 765 Old 05-22-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:

hifi4hobby, I hear your pain, but just not feeling it.

I took your advise and googled NAD M15 issues and check DSP and everything else i could think of. Yep your right, there are a few issues. But do we think NAD only sold 100 of these?

Who gets gear at this price? Not sure what your asking.

Anyways, like I said. I am blown not only by the build quality, but most by the sound of my new gear.
I just ordered a rack so it should be in next week. I think I have decided on the Rega RP6 and I'll be picking up my uncles records that have been stored at my parents for the last 20 years.

Don't mind my current rack!

Simple..let the brave heart ones like you continue to take the chance while those more risk adverse looking for most possible peace of mind go for something else that most speaks well of.

Apart from the blown away sounding, quite a few of us were even "blast" away by the reliability issues too. Your response contradicts by themselves which i dont want to elaborate further but let all readers decide for their own good.

Just one thought, do we all think NAD only have a few units broken down and all voiced up in this forum as well? Obviously you seem to hold on to that assumption and even more surprisingly for a new owner to have such strong belief and faith in the brand wink.gif
post #700 of 765 Old 05-22-2013, 10:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I can definitely believe the sound is exceptional from the M15HD2/M25 combo, NAD does engineer great analog sound quality in their products. I really love the M25 amp, I owned one a few years back. However their HDMI-based processor products have exhibited inconsistent performance (going back to the T175- to current product-line). Although I'd have to see one (an M15HD2 that is) in-person before I make any judgements.

I owned one of the original-release T175 processors, it exhibited many of the well-documented issues of the day- ie. popping transients (switching sources, or enabling STOP->PLAY->PAUSE->etc.,...). Most of this was fixed with firmware combined with some circuit fixes(resistor/cap networks). This was all related to improper muting circuitry. After 2 or 3 firmware upgrades my unit functioned mostly good for a few years. Analog sound was exceptionally nice. But I wasn't happy that my other down-stream gear (amp, speakers, etc.,...) suffered these random transients/loud pop's. I've since moved on to Marantz AV7005 and AV8801.

Anyway, I am surprised to hear/read that owners of current NAD processor products are still suffering major issues. I would work close with Bob Moran (if he's still there) to make sure every issue is properly addressed.

As big a company as NAD is I don't think they have the kind of money to throw at developments like their more commercial counter-parts (Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, etc.,..), it takes quite a development team to get all the digital processing refined.
post #701 of 765 Old 05-22-2013, 10:58 PM

hifi4hobby, it really sounds like you need to just let it go and move on. Your replies are just long rants that only show your frustration.
post #702 of 765 Old 05-23-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:

hifi4hobby, it really sounds like you need to just let it go and move on. Your replies are just long rants that only show your frustration.

When you have paid $11k worth of gears and malfunctioned twice within the year and now sitting at the corner collecting dust, it wont be easy for you to say "just let it go and move on". It's easy for you to say so because it's not you who's suffering from it and certainly not your money that you're talking about.

For the choice i'll rather let it go and move on but ONLY when Lenbrook has duly refunded me for their defective products. I aint get paid to do all these complaints nor buying myself $11k worth of frustration as well. Are you?
post #703 of 765 Old 05-23-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

I can definitely believe the sound is exceptional from the M15HD2/M25 combo, NAD does engineer great analog sound quality in their products. I really love the M25 amp, I owned one a few years back. However their HDMI-based processor products have exhibited inconsistent performance (going back to the T175- to current product-line). Although I'd have to see one (an M15HD2 that is) in-person before I make any judgements.

I owned one of the original-release T175 processors, it exhibited many of the well-documented issues of the day- ie. popping transients (switching sources, or enabling STOP->PLAY->PAUSE->etc.,...). Most of this was fixed with firmware combined with some circuit fixes(resistor/cap networks). This was all related to improper muting circuitry. After 2 or 3 firmware upgrades my unit functioned mostly good for a few years. Analog sound was exceptionally nice. But I wasn't happy that my other down-stream gear (amp, speakers, etc.,...) suffered these random transients/loud pop's. I've since moved on to Marantz AV7005 and AV8801.

Anyway, I am surprised to hear/read that owners of current NAD processor products are still suffering major issues. I would work close with Bob Moran (if he's still there) to make sure every issue is properly addressed.

As big a company as NAD is I don't think they have the kind of money to throw at developments like their more commercial counter-parts (Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, etc.,..), it takes quite a development team to get all the digital processing refined.

It's fine with falling behind on technology adoption but it's definitely not acceptable no matter what size the company is, to churn out defective products that cause frequent down time at customer's place. That has to be differentiated from one another.

I certainly hope NAD and every reputable companies out there can take forums feedback more seriously and deal with customers' frustration soonest possible. If there's a production issue be it from design or some parts wrongly used, why keep selling the defective products and let the customers suffers from the frustrations and loss of valuable times? Why not halt the sales and until it's fully rectified then only resume? Issuing a voluntary recall of the models also shows that the manufacturer cares more on the customer satisfaction than their earning. All the effort makes one company stands out from the others and gathers praise and loyal customers along the way.
post #704 of 765 Old 05-23-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi4Hobby View Post

When you have paid $11k worth of gears and malfunctioned twice within the year and now sitting at the corner collecting dust, it wont be easy for you to say "just let it go and move on". It's easy for you to say so because it's not you who's suffering from it and certainly not your money that you're talking about.

For the choice i'll rather let it go and move on but ONLY when Lenbrook has duly refunded me for their defective products. I aint get paid to do all these complaints nor buying myself $11k worth of frustration as well. Are you?
Why do you feel your entitled to a refund? Have you givin them the opportunity to fix?

Yea move on! I purchased a brand new Touareg in 04. Every week there was an issue with it. Took me a month before I decided to cut my losses and sell it. The day it was out of sight, I was able to move on.
post #705 of 765 Old 05-23-2013, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

+1

Loving mine. No problems whatsoever. Never regretted selling the Denon AVP-A1HD for this.
cyclist247 likes this.
post #706 of 765 Old 05-23-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:

Why do you feel your entitled to a refund? Have you givin them the opportunity to fix?

Yea move on! I purchased a brand new Touareg in 04. Every week there was an issue with it. Took me a month before I decided to cut my losses and sell it. The day it was out of sight, I was able to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svend P View Post

+1

Loving mine. No problems whatsoever. Never regretted selling the Denon AVP-A1HD for this.

The question is how many opportunity is needed to make it right? Why not make it right in the first place? Simply because there are lemon brands out there doesnt give any other companies the excuse to sell lemons anytime they wanted. There is simply no point painting rosy picture on the brand when the products just cant live it up. Sooner or later someone else will meet similar problems and pop up here as well so good luck with doing that.
post #707 of 765 Old 05-25-2013, 08:33 PM

Wow, Is it really possible that the sound is getting better? Been listening to rdio and mog and I am very pleased!
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the M50, but am open to recommendations.

Also should i go with the oppo 103 or the 105?
post #708 of 765 Old 07-12-2013, 03:17 PM

Liked: 14
I feel for your issues, Hifi - I can see why you're so vocal.

But I must say I purchased my M15 HD second hand almost two years ago, and there hasn't been one hiccup (look at that - probably jinxed myself! eek.gif).

You are also "mostly" correct with your statement:
Quote:

From my understanding as far as NAD modular construction goes, there's no TRUE analog path in their modular design models where every signal comes in irregardless analog/digital is converted to digital and got reprocessed for output. Meaning, it's A / D and then D / A for their modular construction to work. This can be a detrimental for those who're looking for REAL analog patch for ultimate direct and pure signal and perhaps why many other companies choose to stick with non-modular design for years as one of their design philosophy.

You are correct that all the two channel analog inputs go thru the A/D-D/A stages, but the 7.1 analog input does not. So there is a pure analog option on the NAD unit if you need it. If you only have one analog source (as I do) - it's perfect and sounds wonderful. Wanted to make sure that was clear.
Quote:

Wow, Is it really possible that the sound is getting better? Been listening to rdio and mog and I am very pleased!
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the M50, but am open to recommendations.

Also should i go with the oppo 103 or the 105?

I purchased the BDP-95 used several months ago, and it's almost a toss up between the player and the DAC's in the NAD via HDMI - the Oppo's that good. I usually end up going with the Oppo. If you don't want to go with the Oppo's DAC, get the 103 - it's the one to choose if you're primarily using it for video disc spinning and if you prefer the NAD DAC's exclusively. If you can spend a bit more, the 105 offers the potential of better sonics.
cyclist247 likes this.
post #709 of 765 Old 07-18-2013, 01:58 PM

Hi Christian,
Another San Diego person here, La Jolla actually!

I have not settled on it yet, but I am leaning towards the 105 myself.

Funny, speaking of problems with the M15 HD2, I had my first. Really pissed me off. I smelt something hot or something melting. Could tell something was wrong. Tracked it down to the remote for the HD2. Thing had basically melted. Call NAD and they said no problem, contact my purchase point and have them complete it. I told them I would send it in but they said to keep it. So I got the new one in the mail, and took the old one apart to find that one of the batteries had failed and was leaking. Turns out nothing that NAD could control or was a problem with their product but they did step up and take care of it with out issue.

The pre has lived up to expectations and the M25 amp has exceeded them.

I keep thinking about that guys problem above, and can't figure out why he purchased two M25's?
post #710 of 765 Old 07-21-2013, 08:51 AM

Liked: 14
eek.gif

Almost ironic that you had a problem shortly after you purchase it; glad NAD worked it out for you.

Again, I've had my older HD for awhile now - perhaps I should knock on wood.

You'll love the 105; my 95's been spinning many discs now...

Enjoy!
post #711 of 765 Old 07-21-2013, 12:38 PM

Yea, it was a drag. But I was happy it was because of battery failure. I drilled a small hole in the back of the remote to remove the leaking battery and cleaned the remote up. Put fresh batteries and still use the remote as the main and I am saving the other for a latter date.

I am curious, what speakers are you running Are you using all 7 channels?
post #712 of 765 Old 07-21-2013, 10:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1704 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:

As far as i know, M15HD2 is only released in late 2011 and many dealers dont get the stock until beginning of 2012..how could you have sold the HD2 version to your customers for a few years? smile.gif

Yeah.....right. lol

Your experience would certainly keep me from buying NAD equipment.

They're definitely off the top of my "highly consider" list and on my "no way in Hell" list.

Sad to see them destroy what use to be a top brand.
Hifi4Hobby likes this.
post #713 of 765 Old 07-25-2013, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Yeah.....right. lol

Your experience would certainly keep me from buying NAD equipment.

They're definitely off the top of my "highly consider" list and on my "no way in Hell" list.

Sad to see them destroy what use to be a top brand.

Hence it's still a safer bet to buy gears that's made in USA and Japan!! biggrin.gif

Not sure those "assembled in USA/Japan" counts unless they have strict control on component parts as usually it's the component parts within that failed prematurely. It suggests a poor QC and probably high tolerance in its specification.

I had a brief encounter with them back in 2003 where i took the delivery of the T163/T973 and out of the box, the T163 was unable to decode anything through the digital inputs as well as the T973 has a few channel indicator lights so dim it barely can be seen. I swapped for another set and this time the T973 has a cooling fan that spins at its top speed the moment you powered it up. I decided enough is enough so i returned them all for a refund. Sadly to see that after Lenbrook took over NAD, this is still happening, at least to me mad.gif

I decided all of the hassle is not worth it so i moved on. The brand is also off my "highly consider" and into the "no way in Hell" list too.

I see Jim you're using the 8801? I joined the same club too as i cant find anything more decent at this price range that kick butts biggrin.gif
JimP likes this.
post #714 of 765 Old 07-25-2013, 12:46 PM

The M15 HD2 and M25 have been sound performers for me! I would recommend NAD and it appears that Lenbrook stands behind the quality of these products. I have had the experience of working with Lenbrook on some knowledge sharing and a remote replacement and they have been top notch.
post #715 of 765 Old 07-25-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:

There is simply no point painting rosy picture on the brand when the products just cant live it up. Sooner or later someone else will meet similar problems and pop up here as well so good luck with doing that.

So funny, the M15 and M25 has been in production for many years and yet there has been very few complaints. The amount and quality of the complaints I have researched seem to be inline with other top brands such as Mark Levinson, Arcam, Krell ect.
post #716 of 765 Old 09-23-2013, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello Nad owners.
I have a M15HD and I just purchased an Oppo 103.
As soon as I plugged it in it was giving me problems, like hiccups on audio and picture. At the same time I was using new BJC hdmi cables.
So when I went to pull the unit out, to see if anything was loose, the video went off completely and lost all hdmi inputs, the hdmi output was still ok.
I removed all the new BJC hdmi cables and installed my old cheap once but it didnt help either.
After resenting the unit a few times I was able to get all other hdmi back, except for hdmi 1 that was connected to the Oppo.
When I was about to give up, i pulled all 5 hdmi cables together and re route them to the right of the unit away from the power and audio cables and suddenly all inputs are working perfect.
i dont know if my hdmi board connectors were loose, or if module card it self was loose. But it looks like if I bent all the cables to the wight of the unit together, it works.

If one hdmi cable is bad, would it ruin the other once?
Has anyone ever experienced this problem?
Is it these new hdmi cables with Ethernet the problem?
Is my hdmi card going?
Is there a firmware update that I can do my self?

Thank you for reading.
post #717 of 765 Old 09-24-2013, 04:31 AM

Last night we were watching Madagascar 3 in TrueHD and the sound would cut out for 1/2 second every 10 to 20 seconds, it was a library blu ray so maybe that was the problem, after the movie was over I played Worl War Z in DTS MA and the sound was perfect.
So then I tried the other devices on different sources and they would not connect. (Nad M55, Sony 400BD) Only a HDMI switch 3-1 in HDMI input 4 would work (I have a HD-DVD, Apple TV,and an Xbox 360 in that switcher)
I turned off M15HD, re install all Blue Jeans HDMI cables, and now lost the Oppo (which I used to watch the first two movies with no problems)
This HDMI problem moves around and comes and goes!
Is it a handshake problem? Do I have to turn TV>M15HD>Source in that order? is it that important? I will try tonight. Does HDMI with ethernet cables dont work with M15HD?
Im wasting so much time right now with this.
At this moment I have the Oppo going to M15HD as 7.1 and HDMI straight to TV. Does 7.1 bypasses Audyssey set up?
Im sorry for all this questions, hoping to find people that have experience with this unit.
Oh, I contacted Bob for the firmware, but he claims he cant find my serial in their data base? I did buy the unit second hand.
thank you.
post #718 of 765 Old 09-25-2013, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
@Pablo2k: I don't have any help to provide, but do you have the new MV15 MDC board installed or is your unit stock M15HD? (I.e.four or six HDMI inputs).

I have also seen more momentary dropouts in TV signals HDMI content. But I haven't done any system changes.. So, hopefully there is no chip going bad etc.. Well, in theory there is one el cheapo passive HDMI switch in front for some sources, but the TV (IPTV digibox) should not be one of the connections going through it. Also, I have not seen any bad effects in different HDMI cables that I have used. All are bog standard cheapest stuff I have found, except one 15m one going to a PJ.

Is your unit USA / Canada bought unit? Bob ins't able to provide firmware for units (like mine) that have been purchased elsewhere.

Regarding 7.1, are you talking about HDMI signal or 7.1 analog inputs? If HDMI, then 96k or 192k audio? At least in the T195 some Audyssey processing was not happening (due to chip speed limitations) if the signal was > 96k.
post #719 of 765 Old 09-26-2013, 07:21 AM

@iNetrunner: Good news, don't know for how long, but I did a firmware update on the unit and is now working like it should.
I still have the Oppo's HDMI going straight to the TV, and 7.1 analog out RCAs going to 7.1 RCA input on M15HD. I will try hooking up the Oppo with HDMI to take advantage if Audyssey MultEQ set up (I have the pro installer kit) I'm just a little scare to plug that Oppo's HDMI since that's when all the problem started. Yes, I read somewhere that if I use 7.1 rca inputs there is no DSP processing from the M15HD and it all be done from the Oppo it self which for me would not be as good as being able to use Audyssey, specially after I paid $150 to purchase a license to do my receiver, they are done by serial numbers.
post #720 of 765 Old 09-26-2013, 08:22 PM

Well, it didn't last. I know what it is thou. If I wiggle the HDMI cable, it works. Every one of the four inputs have to be wiggle. Out put works perfect. I can't get it to stay on. Already removed card an checked connections. Don't know what to do next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Nad

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page