Forum Jump: 

post #751 of 752 Old 05-01-2014, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle View Post

The M17 processor and M27 amplifier are due in July. They were on display at CES
Thanks for the great information.
Although this is great news, if they quit support and the concept/sale tactic of modulation on the current M15 and M25 this will make the news very sad indeed. Not a problem until our current units quit working, and at that time I expect that some will brand jump. I bought my M25 and M15 HD2 less than a year ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 752 Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know a good place to order an MV15 upgrade board online? (The one from the M15-HD2)

My HDMI inputs are dead (just outside warranty), and NAD/Lenbrook, plus the local Australian wholesaler are not interested in repairing the unit (said they will "look" at it if I freight it across the country at my cost, which is a few hundred dollars, but make no promises they'll actually FIX anything, and they won't let me take it to a local NAD Authorised Repairer for inspection instead because they refuse to pay for it...). Still, given the NAD-Authorised repairer previously held my unit for 11 months fixing a different issue (wouldn't turn on), I'd think I'd get an extra 11 months of warranty support, but apparently not. For now, I want to get this working as best I can on the cheap (unemployed ATM), but next time it comes to upgrade in few years, I am absolutely brand jumping. :/

Sooo, the cheapest option seem to be changing to the newer card. Also solves the problem of not being able to configure Audyssey without an installer kit (genius move there, NAD :/ ). Here in Australia they want $1500+ for the card though, but I've heard stories of US folks buying them online as low as $650. I couldn't order my Pre/Pro itself from the US due to wall voltage mismatch, but since these machines run the same voltage internally, for this component I intend to take advantage of some of that cheap, US-local, non-price-gouging-Australia action. I'm not spending an extra grand or so just to pay the "Australia Tax" unless I absolutely have to, and I don't think I have to here.

So, could some kind soul point me towards where I might find one that will ship internationally?

Or, possibly, maybe someone that's upgraded their unit to MV15 still has the old M15-HD input board they removed, with functioning HDMI?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Nad

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page