post #2911 of 3106 Old 03-13-2010, 01:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baci View Post

Just as a supplementary question, when using the FM tuner nothing comes out my surround speakers when I'm using a surround mode like Neo 6 or THX. Got me baffled! The speakers are connected and do work for All Channel Stereo mode. Have I set something up wrong?

I have never used the FM tuner in my 886 but maybe you need to setup the various listening modes so they work for all speakers. I'm just guessing here but it might be worth a shot. Also without ever using the FM tuner are all surround formats and DSP modes available for the FM tuner? I assume they are but you never know.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2912 of 3106 Old 03-13-2010, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Larrry - with my ear right next to the surrounds there's nothing coming from them at all. I might do a hard reset of the unit and start back with a clean sheet of paper! See if that makes a difference.
post #2913 of 3106 Old 03-13-2010, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just as a supplementary question, when using the FM tuner nothing comes out my surround speakers when I'm using a surround mode like Neo 6 or THX. Got me baffled! The speakers are connected and do work for All Channel Stereo mode. Have I set something up wrong?

Do you have 5.1 or 7.1 speakers? If 5.1, which pre-out jacks on the 9.9 are you using? In a 5.1 system, you should be using the "Surround" channels, not the "Surround Back" channels. That's about the most common cause of the problem you're describing.
post #2914 of 3106 Old 03-15-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboRay View Post

Do you have 5.1 or 7.1 speakers? If 5.1, which pre-out jacks on the 9.9 are you using? In a 5.1 system, you should be using the "Surround" channels, not the "Surround Back" channels. That's about the most common cause of the problem you're describing.

You are absolutely correct Ray! Thanks for taking the time to contribute your thoughts. I'll stop tearing my hair out now!
post #2915 of 3106 Old 03-17-2010, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

I can find no mention of this, can someone help?

I have an Oppo BDP-83 and it has several deep color options ranging from off to 36 bit. Does anyone know what the Integra 9.9 is capable of passing in terms of deep color and bits? The 9.9 has a deep color option and an x.v color option, and I currently have them both enabled. Does any one what enabling or disabling either of those options actually changes in the Integra? Thanks.

Also, does anyone know how the 9.9 handles color spaces? Will it send color spaces through without conversion, or does it mess with the color space? I have several options here in the Oppo as well (4:2:2, 4:4:4, Auto, RGb video, and RGB pc). I currently use RGB video as that performs the best according to a clipping pattern and a chroma pattern on Spears and Munsil.

FYI....I have the Panny AE4000.
post #2916 of 3106 Old 03-24-2010, 12:45 AM

I noticed one of the long-time members, tigerhonaker, had an Integra Research RDC-7 pre-pro and an RDV-1 DVD player in his system at one time. I too have those units. I am currently using a Sony BDP-S1 Blu-ray player but I am seriously considering replacing it with an Oppo BDP-83SE - Special Edition player.

My question is for Mr. Tigerhonaker if he is still around. Did you replace your Integra Research RDC-7 with the Integra DHC-9.9 and if you did, have you noticed any decrease in audio fidelity? I think I need to replace my RDC-7 but I do not want to purchase an product with inferior performance.

I am open to anyone's opinion, especially if you are familiar with the RDC-7, RDV-1 and the Oppo. Hopefully, I can also get rid of the RDV-1 as well, if the Oppo performs similarly or better with music playback (CD & DVD-Audio).

Thanks,
Mike
post #2917 of 3106 Old 03-24-2010, 07:10 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtlriley View Post

I noticed one of the long-time members, tigerhonaker, had an Integra Research RDC-7 pre-pro and an RDV-1 DVD player in his system at one time. I too have those units. I am currently using a Sony BDP-S1 Blu-ray player but I am seriously considering replacing it with an Oppo BDP-83SE - Special Edition player.

My question is for Mr. Tigerhonaker if he is still around. Did you replace your Integra Research RDC-7 with the Integra DHC-9.9 and if you did, have you noticed any decrease in audio fidelity? I think I need to replace my RDC-7 but I do not want to purchase an product with inferior performance.

I am open to anyone's opinion, especially if you are familiar with the RDC-7, RDV-1 and the Oppo. Hopefully, I can also get rid of the RDV-1 as well, if the Oppo performs similarly or better with music playback (CD & DVD-Audio).

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm still around and kicking.

I have the Exact same Components as you mention in your Post above.

I was going to change Both last year and then changed my mind.

So, have what I have always and they work "Perfect" and I might just
leave them right where they are.

No Blu Ray here and honestly I really question in my mind if the picture
would honestly be all that better on my 123" Stewart Greyhawk Screen
with my same Runco Projector that is 720P or 1080i.

Now that I have started this Post it has reminded me of why I backed off
on changing the Integra Unit to a New Blu Ray.

I would need/want to update the Preamp/processor if I went with a High End Blu Ray Player.

Then, I would want to update my Runco to a Newer Model that has 1080p.

So, as you can see the list grows quick and the cost goes up even "Quicker".

So, for now I will use what I have and to be Matter-of-Fact I really am
not suffering with Sound or Picture Quality.

A Buddy was by to visit not long ago from San Antonio, TX. and he took
these pics of my System.

You might enjoy seeing them.

Yes that will be me screwing around in that one pic.

Up-Dated Pictures as of March 22, 2012.

I now have a New Runco VX-11d projector.
Integra DHC-80.3 & Integra DBS-50.3.
A complete relocation of speakers and the Audyssey XT32 program ran.

The New System below is simply Awesome !!!

As of January 20, 2013

768x1022largerpic.jpg

Terry aka "tigerhonaker" on www.IMBOC.com

post #2918 of 3106 Old 03-25-2010, 04:14 AM

I'm outputting coax digital in stereo from an old PVR into the 9.9 with the processor set to Neural THX 5.1. Everything is connected appropriately but there's nothing coming out of the surrounds. In fact nothing comes out of the surrounds with any of the surround modes except All Channel Stereo or Full Mono. In either of these modes the surrounds fire up just fine. What am I doing wrong?
post #2919 of 3106 Old 03-25-2010, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm outputting coax digital in stereo from an old PVR into the 9.9 with the processor set to Neural THX 5.1. Everything is connected appropriately but there's nothing coming out of the surrounds. In fact nothing comes out of the surrounds with any of the surround modes except All Channel Stereo or Full Mono. In either of these modes the surrounds fire up just fine. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

It is likely that you have your surround amp and speakers connected to the surround back outputs of your 9.9 instead of the surround outputs.

Larry
post #2920 of 3106 Old 03-25-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryChanin View Post

Hi,

It is likely that you have your surround amp and speakers connected to the surround back outputs of your 9.9 instead of the surround outputs.

Larry

Hi Larry - I've checked the outputs to the power amp and I'm sure I have that right. Also, all the surround modes work properly on the other inputs I'm using. Can't understand why, if there's a stereo input, it won't matrix into the surrounds. Might have to go with the analogue left and right outs and see if that gives me anything different.
post #2921 of 3106 Old 03-27-2010, 04:38 PM

[i][quote=tigerhonaker;18368969]Hi Mike,

I'm still around and kicking.

I have the Exact same Components as you mention in your Post above.

I was going to change Both last year and then changed my mind.

So, have what I have always and they work "Perfect" and I might just
leave them right where they are.

No Blu Ray here and honestly I really question in my mind if the picture
would honestly be all that better on my 123" Stewart Greyhawk Screen
with my same Runco Projector that is 720P or 1080i.

Now that I have started this Post it has reminded me of why I backed off
on changing the Integra Unit to a New Blu Ray.

I would need/want to update the Preamp/processor if I went with a High End Blu Ray Player.

Then, I would want to update my Runco to a Newer Model that has 1080p.

So, as you can see the list grows quick and the cost goes up even "Quicker".

So, for now I will use what I have and to be Matter-of-Fact I really am
not suffering with Sound or Picture Quality.

A Buddy was by to visit not long ago from San Antonio, TX. and he took
these pics of my System.

You might enjoy seeing them.

Yes that will be me screwing around in that one pic.

Terry,
Yes, I absolutely enjoyed the photos. I really like the paint colors you used in your room. Video Essentials suggests painting the wall behind the display gray just as you have done. I bought gray paint but have not yet painted the wall. Are those sound absorbing panels on the walls behind the speakers? Do they help and where did you get them?

I"m still trying to decided if a front projector will work best for my room setup rather than a 65" or 70", 1080p plasma or DLP, if I were to replace my Mitsubishi 1080i TV. I would also love to be able to take advantage of the that Dolby True-HD or DTS-HD Master Audio technology but replacing my RDC-7 with something comparable will cost an "arm & a leg." Do you know if it sounds that much better than the standard Dolby Digital EX or the DTS ES, THX-Ultra surround sound of the RDC-7?

My system is not as spectacular as yours, but I've been pretty happy with it.

My equipment list is as follows:
Audio
Integra Research RDC-7 Pre-amp processor
Integra Research RDV-1 DVD Audio/Video player
Aragon 8008X5, 5-channel "class A" amp (pre-Klipsch)
Hafler 120, 2-channel power amp (rear channels)
Atlantic Technology, System 350 THX; front, center, (side) surrounds
Atlantic Technology, 274 THX (back) surrounds
Velodyne F-1800, 18" subwoofer
NHT; SW-2Pi subwoofer system
Outlaw, ICBM-1, (Integrated Controlled Bass Management)
TICE Power Block III-B, Signature Series with High-Power module
Otari MX-5050B Open Reel player
Technics SL-1200 Mk-II, DD turntable w Audio-Technica & Sure phono cart.
Pioneer 3-head high-end tape player (retired)
Phoenix Gold Pro, balanced cables for all amp/pre-amp connections
Granite Audio 30-amp power cord, PS-Audio power cord
High-End cables form Transparent Audio, AudioQuest, Monster Z series, Phoenix Gold Pro, Outlaw Audio, PS Audio Labs, Custom Pro

Video System
Mitsubishi Diamond series, WS-55909, 1080i CRT rear projector
Sony BDP-S1 Blu-ray Disc player
RDV-1 DVD player (best 480p DVD playback I've ever seen)
Pioneer CLD-D704 LaserDisc player w AC-3 (Dolby-Digital)
Silicon Image-DVDO, iScan HD 1080i video processor
TICE, video clean power enhancer module
Cinema-Quest by AudioQuest, Monster Z series,
Ideal-Lume, Video Display Bias Light w RF remote system
Dish Network HD-DVR

Thank your for the chat.

Mike
post #2922 of 3106 Old 03-28-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:

You can test your preamp to amp/speaker connections with the test tone button on the remote then cycle through the channels with the channel sel button.

You need a recorded program that actually has digital audio or DTS.
I find that TV programs are vary from stereo only to digital.

Best test is playing a DVD that is digital or DTS.
Do you have both stereo and digital connections connected from the PVR to the DHC ?
If so make sure the digital coax input is assigned to the source input you are using.

Good luck

Dave P.
post #2923 of 3106 Old 03-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Well I just replaced my Rotel 1068 with the 9.9 yesterday. So far I'm really enjoying it. I have a question on the Audyssey feature and high resolution audio. I know Audyssey doesn't function on sampling rates higher than 96KHz. So when you feed it a signal with a higher sampling rate, does the 9.9 downsample it to 96KHz or disable Audyssey? I'm hoping it's the former and not the latter.

Edit:
Drat, just found the answer. Turns out it is disabled. Sigh. With so many bells and whistles it's to bad they don't include the ability to half sample the signal.

post #2924 of 3106 Old 04-06-2010, 08:25 AM

Howdy all. Noob to the AVS forums here with a question.

I purchased a demo 9.9 last week and am going through setting it up and am running into a problem with the Audyssy routine. I saw an earlier thread in regard to where to plug in the surrounds if you have a 5.1 setup (which I do) and here's what happens.

When I leave the surrounds in the 'Surround' pre-outs, I get nothing from the surround speakers and the Audyssy detection screen only detects front, center and sub. When I move them to the 'surround back' pre-outs, I hear the test sound from the right surround and then get a 'speaker detect error'. I'm not sure what to do. Is there a setting that I'm missing that I have to change to tell the 9.9 that I have a 5.1 setup? I'd really appreciate any suggestions as to where to begin troubleshooting this.

Thanks!

Bill
post #2925 of 3106 Old 04-06-2010, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Bill,

Verify that the speakers and amps are working for your surround channels. Plug them into the front L&R outputs of the pre/pro by swapping their cables at the pre/pro's outputs. If they're OK, then there's probably something wrong in the 9.9.

Sometimes a system firmware reset will fix these kinds of problems, but you may have to return the pre/pro for repair or replacement.

Selden
post #2926 of 3106 Old 04-06-2010, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

I will be getting Audyssey Pro on the 9.9. Once installed will Pro take the place of Multi XT in the menu, or will I have access to both....kinda like two calibration settings stored? Thanks.
post #2927 of 3106 Old 04-06-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

Bill,

Verify that the speakers and amps are working for your surround channels. Plug them into the front L&R outputs of the pre/pro by swapping their cables at the pre/pro's outputs. If they're OK, then there's probably something wrong in the 9.9.

Sometimes a system firmware reset will fix these kinds of problems, but you may have to return the pre/pro for repair or replacement.

Thanks Selden. I confirmed that the surround speakers, cables and amp are working fine. I guess it's something in the unit itself. Is there a way for me to flash the firmware myself through the ethernet port or is that something that has to be done at a repair center?
post #2928 of 3106 Old 04-07-2010, 03:19 AM

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem with a ONYKO comparable unit. Has anyone talked to the company about this?
post #2929 of 3106 Old 04-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billogna View Post

Howdy all. Noob to the AVS forums here with a question.

I purchased a demo 9.9 last week and am going through setting it up and am running into a problem with the Audyssy routine. I saw an earlier thread in regard to where to plug in the surrounds if you have a 5.1 setup (which I do) and here's what happens.

When I leave the surrounds in the 'Surround' pre-outs, I get nothing from the surround speakers and the Audyssy detection screen only detects front, center and sub. When I move them to the 'surround back' pre-outs, I hear the test sound from the right surround and then get a 'speaker detect error'. I'm not sure what to do. Is there a setting that I'm missing that I have to change to tell the 9.9 that I have a 5.1 setup? I'd really appreciate any suggestions as to where to begin troubleshooting this.

Thanks!

Bill

maybe a DSP brd failure...u got a warranty---use it !!! OR, call Integra product support to verify 800-225-1946..open 7 days a week: 8-6 est weekdays and 12-4 est Sat & Sun.
post #2930 of 3106 Old 04-11-2010, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I'm interested in finding a used 9.9. In my research, I'm not finding enough on the market to get a real feel. If anyone has a handle on the value for used units, would you mind PMing me to give me your thoughts. Much appreciated.

The "Twinseltown" Theater
Construction Thread
post #2931 of 3106 Old 04-11-2010, 07:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover360 View Post

I will be getting Audyssey Pro on the 9.9. Once installed will Pro take the place of Multi XT in the menu, or will I have access to both....kinda like two calibration settings stored? Thanks.

No. Either/or. You can do a calibration with MultEQ XT or with AudysseyPro. Whichever you do will replace whatever was in memory.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #2932 of 3106 Old 04-12-2010, 05:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 View Post

I'm interested in finding a used 9.9. In my research, I'm not finding enough on the market to get a real feel. If anyone has a handle on the value for used units, would you mind PMing me to give me your thoughts. Much appreciated.

I would say right around $1K is the average for used 9.9s. You could also look at the Onkyo 886 as it is basically the same unit accept for cosmetics and the addition of the Pure audio mode.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #2933 of 3106 Old 04-12-2010, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

No. Either/or. You can do a calibration with MultEQ XT or with AudysseyPro. Whichever you do will replace whatever was in memory.

Thanks for the info Kal. I think I will choose Audyssey Pro.
post #2934 of 3106 Old 04-17-2010, 01:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe someone can help. I have the gamma bug where gamma adjustments cause a color shift when using RGB sources (my PS3). But I also have an issue where the gamma adjustment has absolutely no effect on the picture when using a Blu Ray disc as the source. Home Theater mag's review of the DTR 9.9 (receiver version of the DHC 9.9) noted the non functioning gamma control as I have experienced, but I have never heard anyone in this forum mention it. Any ideas. I am running FW 1.05. Thanks. Will post this in the FW update thread as well.
post #2935 of 3106 Old 04-17-2010, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

I would say right around $1K is the average for used 9.9s. You could also look at the Onkyo 886 as it is basically the same unit accept for cosmetics and the addition of the Pure audio mode.

Bill

Thanks Bill. I ended up getting a DHC-40.1 It met my needs, new 3 year warranty, and at a slightly lower price. But thanks for your help.

The "Twinseltown" Theater
Construction Thread
post #2936 of 3106 Old 04-17-2010, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover360 View Post

Maybe someone can help. I have the gamma bug where gamma adjustments cause a color shift when using RGB sources (my PS3). But I also have an issue where the gamma adjustment has absolutely no effect on the picture when using a Blu Ray disc as the source. Home Theater mag's review of the DTR 9.9 (receiver version of the DHC 9.9) noted the non functioning gamma control as I have experienced, but I have never heard anyone in this forum mention it. Any ideas. I am running FW 1.05. Thanks. Will post this in the FW update thread as well.

None of the video adjustments are functional with 1080p/24 sources. All of the 2009 Reon-equipped Onkyo/Integras behave this way.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

post #2937 of 3106 Old 04-17-2010, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post

None of the video adjustments are functional with 1080p/24 sources. All of the 2009 Reon-equipped Onkyo/Integras behave this way.

How can that be true! That is just plain crazy! Is this disclosed anywhere by Integra???
post #2938 of 3106 Old 04-20-2010, 02:00 PM

Hey...does anyone know what the latest firmware for the DHC 9.9 if any?

How do you check what version you have. Thanks in advance Luke!
post #2939 of 3106 Old 04-23-2010, 11:11 AM

Hi,

Hoping to update my 9.9. It's ok except for the rare "display flash" that occurs.

Reading through this thread it appears 1.04 is the version of choice.

Is there anywhere/anyone from which I can d/l 1.04?

I have managed to upgrade the f/w once already, but to a different version.

Thanks, Karl
post #2940 of 3106 Old 05-04-2010, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 56
I've had my 9.9 freeze the TV pic a couple of times. I turn it off and then back on and it works fine. Anyone have the same problem? The freezed pic looks fuzzy with lines through but not pixelated.

Bill
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page