Forum Jump: 

post #5071 of 5071 Old Today, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Hey everyone, sorry to quote an old post but I too have an issue with my TX-SR876 producing very low volume. Currently in stereo mode as I'm in a new house and haven't run 7.1 yet. Just front towers and a sub. The chap I quoted simply reset his as it was a 2nd hand unit whereas mine is brand new out of box (sat in storage for 4-5 years )

When I play with db settings, the tone out of my JBL Studio 10 towers is very loud and my subwoofer literally shakes my house. However, when I watch tv or listen to music on my cable box I can literally crank it all the way to +4 and it doesn't produce anything like my Harman Kardon did. I couldn't hear lyrics over my wife's vaccuuming a couple of rooms away Is +4 the max volume, or is that where my problem lies?

I'm sure there is something I can do since this is quite a complex unit. I did use the Audyssey mic to set it up, can tell the receiver and my speakers are able to produce a lot of sound, and have checked my blu ray HDMI input and the output is also quiet.

Any help would be appreciated!
Some settings to check:

1. IntelliVolume - For your sources (each individual one): Page 110 in your manual.
2. Volume Setup (Volume Display - Muting Level - Maximum Volume): Page 115 in your manual.
3. Adjusting Speaker Levels: Page 71 from your manual.
4. Using the Late Night Function: Page 109 (manual).
(5) Rerun Audyssey.

* You couldn't hear lyrics...wife's vacuuming? --> An audio cable may be picking up interference.
Try re-positioning your cables.

Good luck & Bienvenu @ AVS Forum.

Bests, R §
The Philosopher's Stone

Last edited by NorthSky; Today at 06:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page