The "Official" Onkyo TX-SR876 Owners Thread - Page 172 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #5131 of 5146 Old 03-06-2015, 02:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4603 Post(s)
Liked: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadetm View Post
Does anyone have any experience with repairing/replacing the door on an Onkyo TX-SR876? I just received my with the door hinges broken...and I can't find any replacement parts? I have the PN's but can't find anyone that sells the hinges.

Terry
Tough one. I would call Onkyo to see if they can accommodate you, or @ least give you the right direction in locating replacement door hinges.

If you can find them, simply glue it there as you won't need those front controls if you have a remote control. ...Better yet, use velcro tape.
Or, just remove the door entirely, and your receiver will now look like an Integra one, from the upper echelon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5132 of 5146 Old 03-24-2015, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HDMI Out failure

Both HDMI Main and Sub have failed, syncing previously took minutes and pushed to hours, now unable to sync at all. HDMI in 1,2,3 all produce sound... Suggestions?
post #5133 of 5146 Old 03-24-2015, 10:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Did you try a reset (page 142)? ...And page 146 first [The AV receiver contains a microcomputer ...]

* Me own suggestion: Unplug all connections, unplug the AC power cord, wait ten seconds, re-plug only one source connection (BR player), then AC power cord, then press the power button on your 876's front panel face.

If that doesn't work, do the reset (page 142).

If that also doesn't work, I would start all over again, but this time using one connection (one source) @ a time and verify with it, and using only one HDMI output (main), of course. ...So that way you keep everything simple, and go only with that. If it's not working for one source only connected (Blu-ray player), then no use to connect the rest; your 876 had it. /// Contact Onkyo, and see what kind of accommodation they can offer you responsibly and generously.

Last edited by NorthSky; 03-24-2015 at 10:20 PM.
post #5134 of 5146 Old 03-26-2015, 06:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadetm View Post
Does anyone have any experience with repairing/replacing the door on an Onkyo TX-SR876? I just received my with the door hinges broken...and I can't find any replacement parts? I have the PN's but can't find anyone that sells the hinges.

Terry
I am looking for tips on this too. My clip that keeps the door shut broke and I am now using a piece of rubber to keep the door shut.
post #5135 of 5146 Old 04-04-2015, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 876 conked out today. Video all works well, but no audio on any channel. Tried the soft boot, no luck, tried the factory reset, no luck. I'm in Canada and bought this new in 2009. There has never been any issues until now. I've never upgraded the firmware. Reading some of the previous posts, things don't look good. Any suggestions? Thanks.
post #5136 of 5146 Old 04-04-2015, 09:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Time for a new receiver, with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X ? ...They're coming up, later on this year.

* In the interim just use an older one you have, or buy a used cheap one for a couple clams. ...Or less.
post #5137 of 5146 Old 04-25-2015, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Another HDMI delayed handshake repair success that I reported on the 576/606 repair thread which provides the information you need to try this fix.

How to DIY ; TX-SR576/TX-SR606/etc HDMI daughterboard repair (for dummies?)

Since I only replaced one cap (C8609) I wonder if that was the fix or rather it was just reseating the 4 electrical connectors. Anyway, it's working fine. Turned the system on again this morning and it sync'd up with the TV and cable box right away.
post #5138 of 5146 Old 04-25-2015, 03:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Cool.

Last edited by NorthSky; 04-30-2015 at 10:27 PM.
post #5139 of 5146 Old 04-30-2015, 05:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Posting this repair video on this thread for future reference. Although the capacitor repair is for the 606 or 607 models, the repair is similar except more capacitors need to be replaced on the 876. Hope others find this video useful for making repairs to their 876.

post #5140 of 5146 Old 05-13-2015, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Wonder if someone can help me out with the problem I am having with my 876.

None of the buttons on the remote or the front panel work. I can get it to switch on by pressing the on/off switch inside the hidden panel. It switches on and works as normal but none of the buttons/volume controls work. I am stuck on one input and it outputs ok but I cannot change anything. BTW, I cannot switch it on using the standby/on button on the remote or front panel, the only way is to cycle power using the button inside the hidden panel

Is there a way to fix it?
post #5141 of 5146 Old 05-14-2015, 12:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatesh_m View Post
Wonder if someone can help me out with the problem I am having with my 876.

None of the buttons on the remote or the front panel work. I can get it to switch on by pressing the on/off switch inside the hidden panel. It switches on and works as normal but none of the buttons/volume controls work. I am stuck on one input and it outputs ok but I cannot change anything. BTW, I cannot switch it on using the standby/on button on the remote or front panel, the only way is to cycle power using the button inside the hidden panel

Is there a way to fix it?
1. For the remote: Check the batteries inside...replace with fresh ones.

2. For the receiver: Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, then plug it back ten seconds later.
* If it doesn't work do a Reset (page 142) ... Troubleshooting section (you can read it too; some segments applying to your issues).

Best of luck.
post #5142 of 5146 Old Today, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
1. For the remote: Check the batteries inside...replace with fresh ones.

2. For the receiver: Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, then plug it back ten seconds later.
* If it doesn't work do a Reset (page 142) ... Troubleshooting section (you can read it too; some segments applying to your issues).

Best of luck.
NorthSky,

I tried everything, since the buttons do not respond there was no way to reset. I then proceeded to open up the main 9 screws to remove the cover..Still did not see anything abnormal. I removed the screws that hold the front panel....and guess what, I found that a lizard had gotten into that area and it must have been killed while shorting the front panel board...crap luck..
post #5143 of 5146 Old Today, 05:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
NorthSky,

I tried everything, since the buttons do not respond there was no way to reset. I then proceeded to open up the main 9 screws to remove the cover..Still did not see anything abnormal. I removed the screws that hold the front panel....and guess what, I found that a lizard had gotten into that area and it must have been killed while shorting the front panel board...crap luck..
Wow..., an Onkyo receiver done in by a lizard. That has to be a first where it's not actually Onkyo's fault!
trekguy likes this.
post #5144 of 5146 Old Today, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
NorthSky,

I tried everything, since the buttons do not respond there was no way to reset. I then proceeded to open up the main 9 screws to remove the cover..Still did not see anything abnormal.
I removed the screws that hold the front panel....and guess what, I found that a lizard had gotten into that area and it must have been killed while shorting the front panel board...crap luck..
You aren't pulling my tuba, a lizard fried your receiver! ...Little sunnabaggun! ...Next time put a fence around your receiver, for them predators.

Lol, nobody would have ever expected that one, not in a million years. ...This is truly more funny than troublesome. ...Sorry about that.

* You can ask an estimate of how much it would cost to get it fixed by one of your trusty local audio repair shop.

Last edited by NorthSky; Today at 12:15 PM. Reason: *
post #5145 of 5146 Old Today, 06:29 PM

It was a sad ending for the lizard and my 876. I'm trying to get a local repair shop to get it fixed.☺
post #5146 of 5146 Old Today, 07:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah I'd say, poor little guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version