The "Official" Onkyo TX-SR876 Owners Thread - Page 172 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
post #5131 of 5134 Old 03-06-2015, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3937 Post(s)
Liked: 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadetm View Post
Does anyone have any experience with repairing/replacing the door on an Onkyo TX-SR876? I just received my with the door hinges broken...and I can't find any replacement parts? I have the PN's but can't find anyone that sells the hinges.

Terry
Tough one. I would call Onkyo to see if they can accommodate you, or @ least give you the right direction in locating replacement door hinges.

If you can find them, simply glue it there as you won't need those front controls if you have a remote control. ...Better yet, use velcro tape.
Or, just remove the door entirely, and your receiver will now look like an Integra one, from the upper echelon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5132 of 5134 Unread 03-24-2015, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HDMI Out failure

Both HDMI Main and Sub have failed, syncing previously took minutes and pushed to hours, now unable to sync at all. HDMI in 1,2,3 all produce sound... Suggestions?
post #5133 of 5134 Unread 03-24-2015, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3937 Post(s)
Liked: 1420
Did you try a reset (page 142)? ...And page 146 first [The AV receiver contains a microcomputer ...]

* Me own suggestion: Unplug all connections, unplug the AC power cord, wait ten seconds, re-plug only one source connection (BR player), then AC power cord, then press the power button on your 876's front panel face.

If that doesn't work, do the reset (page 142).

If that also doesn't work, I would start all over again, but this time using one connection (one source) @ a time and verify with it, and using only one HDMI output (main), of course. ...So that way you keep everything simple, and go only with that. If it's not working for one source only connected (Blu-ray player), then no use to connect the rest; your 876 had it. /// Contact Onkyo, and see what kind of accommodation they can offer you responsibly and generously.

Last edited by NorthSky; 03-24-2015 at 10:20 PM.
post #5134 of 5134 Unread Today, 06:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadetm View Post
Does anyone have any experience with repairing/replacing the door on an Onkyo TX-SR876? I just received my with the door hinges broken...and I can't find any replacement parts? I have the PN's but can't find anyone that sells the hinges.

Terry
I am looking for tips on this too. My clip that keeps the door shut broke and I am now using a piece of rubber to keep the door shut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page